• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
With his goatee so white, I thought at first glance he was in the middle of shaving when he was interrupted. It wasn't until I read your comment when I realized it was actually a goatee instead of shaving cream. ;)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
WIP.png

So to give her a fighting chance, they decide to fight fire with fire. Buttercup is the strongest, so she gets the armor upgrade: a HALO inspired armor. This is the first piece of many. I changed the texture of her suit, to show that it is new also. This chest armor is fully UV'd, but I haven't started on making the maps just yet. I just used a metal shader via the physical surface node.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Looking good Rokket, though I'd like to see more of the armor's detail. I'm assuming you'll be adding some once it's UV mapped.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Looking good Rokket, though I'd like to see more of the armor's detail. I'm assuming you'll be adding some once it's UV mapped.
Yes. I have a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go before this one is finished. When I did the Halo armor for Miki 4, it took me almost 2 weeks just to model it. Another week or more was spent on UV mapping, and then another week on textures.
I am speeding the process up now, since more than 5 years has gone by, and I've learned a few things; like how you can UV map a lot sooner, as subdivision can be done after you UV map, so I am UV mapping as I go. But the maps for the final textures are a ways off.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I am dreading the rigging part of it, though. I always struggle with rigging for V4. I don't know why...

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh you're talking to a rigging n00b, as I've never even "tried" to rig anything, though I really need to try it . . . someday.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
no textures1.png
no textures2.png
no textures3.png
PP Girls costumes.png

So here are the boots finished, and the bottom pic is how the suit will look under the armor. These are the suits that Dr. Featherstone and the professor developed for the girls after metamorphosis. The armor is developed by a mystery guest near the end of act 2 of the story. Since Buttercup is the strongest, she is voted to wear the armor. I don't want to give away too much, but the decision to use the armor is because the bad guy is wearing armor. Fight fire with fire.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I am trying to decide how to do the arms and the helmet.

Arms, probably just some armored gauntlets that cover the forearm to the wrist. Helmet... I don't know if I want one yet.

I am giving it a rest for the day. I'm pooped and my eyes are strained.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'll say. Looks like it would be fun.

Hey Stezza, did you model that house on the mountain?