• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
And now for something completely different... This place was a block away from the hotel my sis and I stayed in Punta del Este (Uruguay), back in 2015. I like how it came out. ^^

TheLighthouse.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
The machine looked even more imposing in the confines of the containment zone and she felt a great sense of apprehension as she climbed aboard. The experts had assured her that they understood the ancient alien machine and it was fully functioning and safe. That would as eased her concern if they had left it there but they then added ...... as far as we can tell.

She sat uncomfortably in the seat and reached for the lever that Turlough inexplicably called the hand brake. Caoimhe quietly said a prayer to herself and pulled back the lever.

Time machine HW.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
And now for something completely different... This place was a block away from the hotel my sis and I stayed in Punta del Este (Uruguay), back in 2015. I like how it came out. ^^
Very nice indeed Ken. What software did you use to draw that?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Have you seen Rebelle? I haven't tried it, but for someone who can actually draw, it might be just the thing. It's a Smith Micro product, and it is a bit pricey, but it looks nice.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I actually bought the first Rebelle version when it came out, but I am too used to Paintshop. Have been using it since the times of JASC, before Corel acquired it. I also have ArtRage, which is very good and as cheap as Paintshop. I use it for sketching.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I've had PSP since version 6, then 7, 8 and 9. Once Corel got their hands on it and started switching it to Photo manipulation, I switched to Photoshop. I do still have PSP 7 on this laptop, because it's nice and easy for quick screenshots, but I do most of my 2D graphic work in Photoshop.

Hornet3d

Wise
I actually bought the first Rebelle version when it came out, but I am too used to Paintshop. Have been using it since the times of JASC, before Corel acquired it. I also have ArtRage, which is very good and as cheap as Paintshop. I use it for sketching.

I've had PSP since version 6, then 7, 8 and 9. Once Corel got their hands on it and started switching it to Photo manipulation, I switched to Photoshop. I do still have PSP 7 on this laptop, because it's nice and easy for quick screenshots, but I do most of my 2D graphic work in Photoshop.

I remember JASC as well, that really does take me back but I felt it was a good, cost effective program even then. Not sure where I started but it was at least versions 6 as I remember doing the upgrade to the version 7 anniversary edition. I wasn't too sure when Corel took it over but finally upgraded and it was OK. I have skipped a couple of upgrades along the way but I now use Paintshop Pro 2018 and remember using PaintShop Pro X9. I like some of the additions with the pro version such as Perfectly Clear and although it is an addition cost I also like Particle Shop. For the last week or so I have been getting the pop up for an Upgrade to version 2019 Ultimate at £55 which is not bad but since full retirement is now upon me I have to make very careful decisions on any purchases and I need to review what has changed before I decide.

robert952

Brilliant
I remember JASC as well, that really does take me back but I felt it was a good, cost effective program even then. Not sure where I started but it was at least versions 6 as I remember doing the upgrade to the version 7 anniversary edition. I wasn't too sure when Corel took it over but finally upgraded and it was OK. I have skipped a couple of upgrades along the way but I now use Paintshop Pro 2018 and remember using PaintShop Pro X9. I like some of the additions with the pro version such as Perfectly Clear and although it is an addition cost I also like Particle Shop. For the last week or so I have been getting the pop up for an Upgrade to version 2019 Ultimate at £55 which is not bad but since full retirement is now upon me I have to make very careful decisions on any purchases and I need to review what has changed before I decide.

I've been with PSP since V1.0 when it was just slightly more than a bitmap editor and format converter. IIRC - the only formats back then were bmp, gif, pcx and jpg (not even JPEG yet) and only 64 crayons in the box, too! (ok, maybe 256 and maybe a couple more formats.) It was either free or just a few dollars back when. (EDIT: Maybe 'shareware'?)

(Gosh, I AM becoming an old fart reminiscing about the old days! <Using crotchety old man voice...> "You kids today! Back in my day, I had to manipulate photos barefoot, in the snow and uphill! And we were damn glad to have an 8-bit color palette! Now, get off of my yard... er, web page!") Hey, still better than hand dabbing B/W prints with gray inks to remove 'dust on the negative', and cutting amberlith or rubylith masks!

I like to think I have 'grown up' with PSP from JASC days to current versions. I think Corel has done PSP justice. According to Wikipedia - October, 2004 was date Corel aquired JASC. (Must be true if it's on Wikipedia.. :D )

I have skipped an upgrade or two along the way. Corel usually honors their "introductory price" for 2 versions back. Of course, that is subject to change from them I am sure. Like you, not sure the latest updates are that big a deal - not a 'gotta have' list for me, for certain. But the 'free' software they add on usually make the deal better and hard to turn down. Not at home computer, but there is a package they offer as a 'special edition' version that seems worthwhile to have in my software library. Full version of that software is like $70 US. I can't remember name (another sign of becoming an old fart) - it adds motion to the images - reminiscent of those old cylindrical lamps that had a waterfall and stream that moved because of the mask rotating inside the lamp.

Oh well, enough ramblings from an old far...er, man.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
These days, what often forces the issue of an upgrade is when you have to replace hardware and the new OS won't run the old version. Extra features bedamned. One wants access to one's familiar tools.

Hornet3d

Wise
These days, what often forces the issue of an upgrade is when you have to replace hardware and the new OS won't run the old version. Extra features bedamned. One wants access to one's familiar tools.

True. All my machines run Windows 7 with the exception of two low spec machines still running Windows XP. The XP ones exist purely to run hardware and software that will not run on Windows 7.

Hornet3d

Wise
I've been with PSP since V1.0 when it was just slightly more than a bitmap editor and format converter. IIRC - the only formats back then were bmp, gif, pcx and jpg (not even JPEG yet) and only 64 crayons in the box, too! (ok, maybe 256 and maybe a couple more formats.) It was either free or just a few dollars back when. (EDIT: Maybe 'shareware'?)

(Gosh, I AM becoming an old fart reminiscing about the old days! <Using crotchety old man voice...> "You kids today! Back in my day, I had to manipulate photos barefoot, in the snow and uphill! And we were damn glad to have an 8-bit color palette! Now, get off of my yard... er, web page!") Hey, still better than hand dabbing B/W prints with gray inks to remove 'dust on the negative', and cutting amberlith or rubylith masks!

I like to think I have 'grown up' with PSP from JASC days to current versions. I think Corel has done PSP justice. According to Wikipedia - October, 2004 was date Corel aquired JASC. (Must be true if it's on Wikipedia.. :D )

I have skipped an upgrade or two along the way. Corel usually honors their "introductory price" for 2 versions back. Of course, that is subject to change from them I am sure. Like you, not sure the latest updates are that big a deal - not a 'gotta have' list for me, for certain. But the 'free' software they add on usually make the deal better and hard to turn down. Not at home computer, but there is a package they offer as a 'special edition' version that seems worthwhile to have in my software library. Full version of that software is like $70 US. I can't remember name (another sign of becoming an old fart) - it adds motion to the images - reminiscent of those old cylindrical lamps that had a waterfall and stream that moved because of the mask rotating inside the lamp.

Oh well, enough ramblings from an old far...er, man.

WOW doesn't time fly I thought Corel purchased it a lot later than 2004. The upgrades I have done so far have had some real nice additions, one upgrade was to move to 64 bit and the 2018 pro version I now use was upgraded when they had a sale offering many of the features of the ultimate version for a stunningly low price. The was a little way into the life of 2018 version though as I had rejected the idea of the upgrade some months earlier.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I can't remember name (another sign of becoming an old fart) - it adds motion to the images - reminiscent of those old cylindrical lamps that had a waterfall and stream that moved because of the mask rotating inside the lamp.

That would be "Photo Mirage", but don't buy the PSP 2019 upgrade just because of it, because the included version is the "Express", meaning they removed all the options to resize, compress and save the animations. That is, you can only save to a single fixed tiny animation size, with limited number of frames, and no support for better compression. As if not enough, you can't even save the project to edit later. You can only export, and the moment you exit, your project is lost. What a joke. Not surprisingly, Corel makes this "Express" version nag you constantly to BUY the real version.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, moving right along with the adventures of Severus Snape and the Crew of Knight Boat #6;

Flying a broom in the City of New Orleans is largely forbidden, for it makes much to much work to try to cover it up. For this purpose, Bayou Academy maintains "the Muggle Mobile", which is stored on the outskirts of the City at the yard of Dr. Proctor's Boat Works. Kat and Snape take the Mobile Mobile into the City proper, pick up their parasite repellent, and start back, in hopes of being back to the School in time for that evening's patrol of the swamp.

They had a bit of an adventure on the return trip.

4-Buick.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
That would be "Photo Mirage", but don't buy the PSP 2019 upgrade just because of it, because the included version is the "Express", meaning they removed all the options to resize, compress and save the animations. That is, you can only save to a single fixed tiny animation size, with limited number of frames, and no support for better compression. As if not enough, you can't even save the project to edit later. You can only export, and the moment you exit, your project is lost. What a joke. Not surprisingly, Corel makes this "Express" version nag you constantly to BUY the real version.

Thank you for that piece of information, I had not really made up my mind on the upgrade and while Photo Mirage was not a major plus for me it was a nice to have, the limitations you described is enough to tip the balance to me deciding to skip this update.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, a really young child, or teenager, might not know who Vampirella is. ~rofl~

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
People are making fanart of her all over the web, so even though I don't know much about the character, I have seen her all over the place. So in a way, I don't know who she is, but I know what she looks like. ;p