• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I thought you might feel that way about the outfit. The bottom is kind of rigid, and doesn't really sit naturally on the body because the scales aren't overlapping. Still great effort by the artist.

Agreed on everything. Looks good on some parts, but not in others. That bikini bottom is very important to this set, and I am yet to see one that does it justice. I have discussed some designs with VolpeBox, and it's a tough cookie. It's not just the modeling. It has to be functional in 3D.

Hornet3d

Wise
Spent the weekend trying to think of ideas but ended up with the equivalent of a Poser doodle, testing out some now purchases and playing with materials.

Studio HW.jpg

Studio Set up - Studio Drapes-Base Pack by Esha
Mini Dress - Dawn Mini Dress by willyb53 (re-textured)
LongDress - Monique Dress by karanta (re-textured)
Jewelry - 7 Heart by Fabiana (re-textured)

I will quickly add there is nothing wrong with the textures supplied with any of this content, I just like playing.

Lighting is from a skydome. again with the texture played with to give a slightly golden glow, and a single spot matched to the skydome with reduced intensity just to pick out some highlights.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
A day or so later, when Snape gets up around noon, after another night patrol he discovered that Fawkes has made the acquaintance of an oddly-dressed pair of the students.
"What are you doing with my bird?"
"We're watching The Birds with him. I think this is the first time he's ever seen it."

5-TheBirds.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Still working with a studio set up and playing with materials.

Carnations Studio HW.jpg

Studio Set up - Studio Drapes-Base Pack by Esha (re-textured using textures from Fabric Frenzy-Cottons Vol. 1 PBR Textures & Poser Shaders MR by Deecey) -
The drapes have a number of 'rims' allowing for various materials to be added, I have added a lot here just to see how good or bad the look.

Mini Dress - Dawn Mini Dress by willyb53 (default 'pink' texture.)
Table and 'seat' - i13 CONTROL - the prop collection by Ironman13 (re-textured using magic glass from VB SuperShaders for Poser11 SuperFly Bundle by VinceBagna)
Carnations and Vase - Carnations by Lisa's Botanicals using Carnation Superfly Addon by Phd

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I am attempting a Red Sonja outfit right now too, but it's not turning out the way I thought it would

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think Red Sonja is the hardest to get right because it's very peculiar, and I still haven't found a version I like.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I think Red Sonja is the hardest to get right because it's very peculiar, and I still haven't found a version I like.
Yeah, it's mainly because no two artists have ever drawn her the same. It's very hard to find reference pics because of that. There are some basic elements, but is that a shell pattern? or coins? chain mail? It's hard to decide.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
very nice. this the vampi outfit at sharecg or your own creation?
No, this is one of my own. I used to put stuff on ShareCG, under the same user name, but I haven't do so in quite awhile.

what do you mean daz gave it all away? they been giving mil4 stuff away free?
It was awhile back. I downloaded the latest version of DS, and V4, A4 and Stephanie all came with the package. They have also given away morph packages, her base, the morphs++, et al. I haven't even used most of what they included. And I don't know if it's still available. It was all there in the download manager.