• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Me!
Is there someone who doesn't know who Vampirella is? ^^

Even though I'm neither a really young child or a teenager.

But ... until I did a google search, I had no idea who Vampirella was. My interest in comics or fiction didn't tend toward vampires. Still doesn't. Even if a Kindle book is free, if it features vampires and/or werewolves, I don't get it.

For that matter, Twilight has always irritated the heck out of me.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Is there someone who doesn't know who Vampirella is? ^^

To be honest, I didn't even know about her until I entered the 3D hobby. I was 23 when I started doing this. I'm 39 now. I still am not too clear on the character, other than what bits I've managed to glean through the Daz/3D representations of her. My first exposure to "Vampirella," was through an old old old Renderosity vendor's freebie section. He used to sell under the name BVH.... he had a Vampirella outfit in his freebies.

She strikes me as being some kind of cultural icon like Elvira. LOL

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I know Vampirella is a vampire because, well, the name is rather obvious. However, I was surprised when I found out that she actually HUNTS vampires, so that was a twist. Not exactly original (Blade!!), but still a twist. But I think she became a celebrity icon because of.... what she wears. I believe that's what generates the hype and the pouring fanart posts, similar to Sonja the Red and her tiny metal bikini. I was an avid Conan comics reader in the early days, and when the Sonja comics came out, they were quite as good, in spite of what she wears in them. Sonja was a book I couldn't judge by the cover - she's a great female character, and she inspires me even today. Have you guys noticed the vast amount of redhead characters I had posted at DeviantArt? Red Sonja has her mark on me, even if the characters are not her. She has become my muse ever since. ^^

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I know Vampirella is a vampire because, well, the name is rather obvious. However, I was surprised when I found out that she actually HUNTS vampires, so that was a twist. Not exactly original (Blade!!), but still a twist.
Oh if you're into vampire hunting vampires, you need to read Barb and J.C. Hendee's Noble Dead series, starting with their first book, Dhampir, about how she came into being. Excellent series, though some of the books in the second and third parts of the series get a bit "dark", but it's still well written, and had me interested through all 14 books. Not sure if there's any more in the series, as I haven't bought paperback books in a few years. There's a book list in order for all 3 "phases" on Barb Hendee's site.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Oh if you're into vampire hunting vampires, you need to read Barb and J.C. Hendee's Noble Dead series, starting with their first book, Dhampir, about how she came into being. Excellent series, though some of the books in the second and third parts of the series get a bit "dark", but it's still well written, and had me interested through all 14 books. Not sure if there's any more in the series, as I haven't bought paperback books in a few years. There's a book list in order for all 3 "phases" on Barb Hendee's site.

I am more into Conan and Sonja than vampires. I think they have milked this cow dry for too long (Twilight!!). However, my wife is a sucker for vampire books, so I will pass on the info to her. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh OK, and if she gets into them, let me know how she likes them, because I had to wait a full year for the next book. For whatever reason I can't remember now, they only published their books, at least in paperback, in January of each year.

Oh and yes, I read all the Twilight books.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Yeah, I read a few of the Vampirella stories when I was younger. I would have to look at her timeline versus Blade to see which character came around first. She isn't DC or Marvel, so that would explain why very little is known about her. But I have wanted to make that costume for a long time, and I finally have all the parts in place to do it, so I went ahead with it.

If I could find that 10 foot tall beehive hairdo, I would do Elvira too. I already have the slit cut dress and boots made. And I morphed V4 using every injected morph I have to get the face. I just need that hair. I wish I could model it, but I don't have the first clue about making hair.

Miss B

CV-BEE
If I could find that 10 foot tall beehive hairdo, I would do Elvira too. I already have the slit cut dress and boots made. And I morphed V4 using every injected morph I have to get the face. I just need that hair. I wish I could model it, but I don't have the first clue about making hair.
Ohhhh, Elvira would make a great 3D character. Then again, I'd love to see a 3D version of Morticia Adams from the Adams Family. Think actress Carolyn Jones in that slinky black dress that always had me wondering how she could walk in it.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Rendered In Carrara o_O

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Oh, I always preferred the Twilight books a great deal more.

I double that. The books were miles better than the movies. The first was nice, but the others... The moment Jacob started the "I am hotter than you" dialog, that was the time I stood up and left the theater. My sister dragged me to watch the movie, but even I have my limits. That can't possibly be from the same books I have enjoyed reading so much. What a travesty.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I had rented them on DVD from Netflix, and yes, the first I enjoyed, but then it went downhill from there.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I say it was a travesty because the movies have turned the entire franchising into a joke. Some jokes have become the legacy of what's left of it, like "Don't worry, my vampires don't sparkle". If they would just keep it to the books, the story would be different nowadays. They managed to blow it to pieces, not once but twice. The last one was the most painful. I have no idea how Stephenie Meyer let this happen to her IP.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
What about Red Sonja? That armored bikini looks challenging to model. I saw one from DAZ, but it's not the real deal. So far I haven't seen anything faithful to the original design. That kind of makes sense in the context of Poser clothing, since mere breast morphs could easily destroy the bikini armor, which is made of little coins. I have considered make one with displacement maps instead, but it would have to be super high-poly, since Superfly can't perform micro-poly displacement. Is there any faithful version out there?

Me195

Extraordinary
What about Red Sonja? That armored bikini looks challenging to model. I saw one from DAZ, but it's not the real deal. So far I haven't seen anything faithful to the original design. That kind of makes sense in the context of Poser clothing, since mere breast morphs could easily destroy the bikini armor, which is made of little coins. I have considered make one with displacement maps instead, but it would have to be super high-poly, since Superfly can't perform micro-poly displacement. Is there any faithful version out there?

Red Sonja for V4 That's the only one I can remember off the top of my head.

Me195

Extraordinary
Hey, that looks faithful, but I have seen it before and somehow I don't like the bikini bottom. It's not quite like that. Maybe I will have to make my own, but since it's copyrighted, it could not be sold.

I thought you might feel that way about the outfit. The bottom is kind of rigid, and doesn't really sit naturally on the body because the scales aren't overlapping. Still great effort by the artist.