• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rokket

Dances with Bees
The Chase.jpg

This one was a load of fun to create. I started out with the NY skyline, then added my Buttercup to the image. I had a video file of a chroma-keyed explosion that I used VirtualDub to export out as an image file. I then went ahead and modeled the space ships and then comped it all together. I had a hard time getting her contrail to show, so I changed the image to an overlay. It darkened the scene, but it still looks pretty cool to me. Buttercup is taking out the alien ships one by one while her sisters battle the ground forces and try to assist in the evacuation of the city...

Hornet3d

Wise
Less that fifteen minutes after reading the news flash Caoimhe stepped out on the fight deck, she cursed under her breath as she did so. She had instructed the Villa's main computer to prepare her ship for flight what she had not done was request a flying condition report. Thanks to the protection of the Villa's force field she had been blissfully unaware they were in the middle of a meteor storm which had now come as a shock to her. She made a mental note she had to calm down and concentrate. Thankfully fight was still possible but she would have to divert power from the ship's engines to the force field until she was through the storm. That however would cost her both time and fuel, something she was already desperately short of.

Villa Take Off HW.jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
Anyone who has looked at my renders will know I am not a perfectionist but when something bugs me I am like a dog with a bone. When I upgraded to Poser 11 I surprised myself in that I was rather drawn to superfly, of course most of my content was pre superfly and seem little better, skin shaders on the other hand was a total disaster. Without modification figures come out black, like dark bronze statues with bright reflections, at least mine did. I already knew EZskin 3 was the answer as I had followed Poser 11 for a while.

OK so now figures render fairly well, they certainly had colour and where a vast improvement, I had to do a few tweaks, particularly with the eyes which were white a ghostly. In trying to correct this I found another problem, loads of the nodes were being ignored by superfly and materials looked very complex and messy. I struggle to find my way around in the advanced materials at the best of times and this was a nightmare. I wanted to clean the whole thing up but it was taking age.

I purchased some supefly shaders in a hope I could understand the process a lot better but then I decided to bite the bullet and go the whole hog. Starting with commercial shaders helps of course although I still had work to do, like where do you plug and image map in.

So anyway here is my character ready for superfly. This is superfly only, rendered in firefly all you get is the hair, unlike the other way round the figure is not black, it is invisible.

On the whole I am happy with the result and, while I not understand completely what the shades are doing there are a lot less nodes I need to investigate and the whole shader panel looks a lot less cluttered.

View attachment 34336
looks great

Carey

Extraordinary
The Shambles was as close as they were going to get to Victorian England, at least for now. As she had dressed in the wench costume Caoimhe wondered on the implications and mused that there were few other men, if any, that she would play wench to as they played the entitled gentleman. She doubted if the costume would have much effect in Turlough's mind, he would be the gentleman he always was, it was part of his charm. In the cool night air she discovered she was only partially right in that Turlough did not play the role so much as live it. He quickly became the perfect gentleman about town as he relaxed into a place and time he knew a lot about and loved immensely. This both excited and troubled her in almost equal measure, she found herself drawn to him more than she had ever been. Yet, what he did not know was this was just a trial for her plan to do it for real.

Christmas in Victorian Britain, what an exciting thought but she wondered just how much closer she would find herself drawn to the man and where such a visit might lead.

View attachment 39517
wow, very nicely done

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe brought the craft into the lowest orbit she dare and spun it nose on so that she could scan the planet surface with her own eyes. She smiled briefly, almost against her own will, remembering that Turlough had once described this as using the mark one eyeball. The ship itself was running a number of scans but she wanted to see for herself. She hated waiting but knew she needed the solar power banks to be maxed out so she used the time to see if there was any indication of where she should start looking for a crash site.

As she stared at the barren planet she found herself wondering why it had been chosen for possible colonization, there had to be better candidates. Some instinct told here was something she was missing, had Turlough felt the same or had me missed whatever it was and paid the price.

Crash Site Scan HW.jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
Caoimhe brought the craft into the lowest orbit she dare and spun it nose on so that she could scan the planet surface with her own eyes. She smiled briefly, almost against her own will, remembering that Turlough had once described this as using the mark one eyeball. The ship itself was running a number of scans but she wanted to see for herself. She hated waiting but knew she needed the solar power banks to be maxed out so she used the time to see if there was any indication of where she should start looking for a crash site.

As she stared at the barren planet she found herself wondering why it had been chosen for possible colonization, there had to be better candidates. Some instinct told here was something she was missing, had Turlough felt the same or had me missed whatever it was and paid the price.

View attachment 39820
nicely done

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
A short "Daydreaming" animation I did in 2005. The character was modeled by Cypher, and had only 600 polys. I have remodeled it to create a Poser version, rigged it, made some clothing and added a tail. The animation was rendered in real-time using Poser's toon mode. I made the model (Bubba, the chibi catgirl) available as a freebie at Content Paradise. :)

Daydreaming.gif

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe touched down in near darkness with the intention of making the most of the day. By the time the sun started to climb above the horizon she was already in the air hopping from vantage point to vantage point to see if there was any sign of the colony ship.

Search HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Well done, great planet creation

Thanks for that but I really can't take any credit for the planet creation as it is Easy Environments: ExoPlanet 1 coupled with the the First Light sky dome both from Flipmode. They are great to use and about as close as I get to click, pose and render as I get. In this case it seemed ideal for my storyline and with my muse struggling I decided not to make matters any more difficult than they need be.

Carey

Extraordinary
Thanks for that but I really can't take any credit for the planet creation as it is Easy Environments: ExoPlanet 1 coupled with the the First Light sky dome both from Flipmode. They are great to use and about as close as I get to click, pose and render as I get. In this case it seemed ideal for my storyline and with my muse struggling I decided not to make matters any more difficult than they need be.
Okay, so I take it all back, Course I was really relating to how the figure was made to fit in the scene as if it belongs there..you know sometimes I don't feel like saying that my work is largely the product of my out of body trips around the world, I just smile and thank them...lol Yes I am pulling your leg, this was good work thanks for sharing...

Hornet3d

Wise
Okay, so I take it all back, Course I was really relating to how the figure was made to fit in the scene as if it belongs there..you know sometimes I don't feel like saying that my work is largely the product of my out of body trips around the world, I just smile and thank them...lol Yes I am pulling your leg, this was good work thanks for sharing...

Just put my comment down to my desire not to be seen to take credit for someone else's work which is probably a little too finely honed. I welcome every comment you make and it does mean a lot to me. Your right in the sense that most the work here was actually trying to get the pose and the outfit to work together, I have no flying poses for Dawn so I started out with a dance pose and worked from there, hopefully it does look right which your comment suggests it does.

The other reason for my comment was not really aimed not at you but more a wider audience and a way of showing beginners that some of Flipmode's environments are a great way to get some stunning scenes without a lot of hassle or detailed knowledge of Poser. Clearly they are not the same as a make art button but it does give you a nice start with a foreground, background and lighting all sorted in a few clicks. Some of the space scenes are also very useful if a little more difficult to get right.