• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I wasn't certain I had posted it somewhere besides D.A. My apologies.

I think you prefer dynamics for everything. I do prefer conforming however, I think you get fantastic result with zero poke through and better draping. Unless proper draping is built into the conforming cloth, dynamic can't be beat. However, I use a hybrid figure which has led to disaterous results so I am sticking to what I like.

Which figure are you using? Hmmm, I'm really not certain. I know you're not crazy about DAZ figures but you wouldn't eschew them as well. The hands are a decent or shall we say proportinal size however, when using a thick, bulky figure, M4 has some really huge calves. I'll say M4.
Not M4. He is my Flash, Man of Steel and Hawk Man. It's actually Ryan 2. He is weight mapped. I don't use the older figures that are not or cannot be weight mapped because of the bending issues.

I do prefer dynamics, but for ease of loading a scene, I rigged everything. There are some issues with his pants, so I have to go in and adjust the rig a bit, but everything else is turning out just fine. I am doing a render, but I don't know when I can post it. I considering this one done, so now I have to assemble my Justice League and get that going.

Oh yeah... stop apologizing for posting GREAT art.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
look good. I wondered here so far I know of two people who weight mapped V4: AerySoul (who always did brilliant work) and Karina with his new Sasha16 available free at ShareCG. I can't believe as you say they can't be weight mapped though I would have loved a copy of M4 also weight mapped I am not surprised since the Poser community is still stuck on fetish pinups N-aked W-oman I-n R-uins W-ith S-word of course ignoring the males of every generation. I have seen images using the V4 Weight-mapped and it is real nice in extreme poses and am sure the same could be done for M4.......which leads me t believe it is more of an issue of lack of interest as opposed to lack of ability for whatever reason (joints or skill) of some of the community content creators. Karina and AerySoul both like the female figures for the art they create with them so the male figures are set aside. Sad.

Hornet3d

Wise
Still trying to modify some of earlier purchased content for use in superfly.

This is TenForward by 3-D-C which works well in firefly but benefits from a few tweeks in superfly.

TenForward HW.jpg

Rokket

Dances with Bees
look good. I wondered here so far I know of two people who weight mapped V4: AerySoul (who always did brilliant work) and Karina with his new Sasha16 available free at ShareCG. I can't believe as you say they can't be weight mapped though I would have loved a copy of M4 also weight mapped I am not surprised since the Poser community is still stuck on fetish pinups N-aked W-oman I-n R-uins W-ith S-word of course ignoring the males of every generation. I have seen images using the V4 Weight-mapped and it is real nice in extreme poses and am sure the same could be done for M4.......which leads me t believe it is more of an issue of lack of interest as opposed to lack of ability for whatever reason (joints or skill) of some of the community content creators. Karina and AerySoul both like the female figures for the art they create with them so the male figures are set aside. Sad.
I wasn't talking about V4 or M4. I have them both and I use them both. But I was referring more to the Poser native figures prior to Poser 9, when weight mapping was introduced. Miki 4 was the first weight mapped figure I used, along with Tyler, the Ryan morph. Once I realized that both Alyson and Ryan were also weight mapped, I started using them too. Sydney G2 will always have a soft spot in my heart, but I use her less and less.

Hornet3d

Wise
Anyone who has looked at my renders will know I am not a perfectionist but when something bugs me I am like a dog with a bone. When I upgraded to Poser 11 I surprised myself in that I was rather drawn to superfly, of course most of my content was pre superfly and seem little better, skin shaders on the other hand was a total disaster. Without modification figures come out black, like dark bronze statues with bright reflections, at least mine did. I already knew EZskin 3 was the answer as I had followed Poser 11 for a while.

OK so now figures render fairly well, they certainly had colour and where a vast improvement, I had to do a few tweaks, particularly with the eyes which were white a ghostly. In trying to correct this I found another problem, loads of the nodes were being ignored by superfly and materials looked very complex and messy. I struggle to find my way around in the advanced materials at the best of times and this was a nightmare. I wanted to clean the whole thing up but it was taking age.

I purchased some supefly shaders in a hope I could understand the process a lot better but then I decided to bite the bullet and go the whole hog. Starting with commercial shaders helps of course although I still had work to do, like where do you plug and image map in.

So anyway here is my character ready for superfly. This is superfly only, rendered in firefly all you get is the hair, unlike the other way round the figure is not black, it is invisible.

On the whole I am happy with the result and, while I not understand completely what the shades are doing there are a lot less nodes I need to investigate and the whole shader panel looks a lot less cluttered.

Superfly base HW.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Anyone who has looked at my renders will know I am not a perfectionist but when something bugs me I am like a dog with a bone.

I was wondering why isn't this at the Dawn Renders gallery? She has her own place, while I understand here is reserved for every other non-HW figures - such as PE below. I am still working on the materials for the outfit. In this render, all clothes are fully conformed, which is something I haven't seen other people trying yet.

SetMats.jpg

quietrob

Extraordinary
I was wondering why isn't this at the Dawn Renders gallery? She has her own place, while I understand here is reserved for every other non-HW figures - such as PE below. I am still working on the materials for the outfit. In this render, all clothes are fully conformed, which is something I haven't seen other people trying yet.

View attachment 34340
Wow. Is that Dawn? She looks undawnlike for those that can tell a base figure just by looking at it. I can't though I'm sure some people can. I'm loving that expression.

Hornet3d

Wise

View attachment 34340

Err, good point I think it is I was carrying on a trend in that I tend to put my scene renders here as in many the Dawn element is incredibly small. I guess I have not thought of it being wrong up until now, case in point a couple of renders ago I have one with Dawn gazing out in of a dwelling but the figure is less than 10% of the render. As her back is turned it could be any figure really, not a defence, just how my mind works........strangely. This render is the other end of the scale but followed on from a series of such renders showing my trials and tribulations with superfly. Again, not a defence just an explanation but I do take your point.

I have plans to do a few minor tweaks on this one, including a change in lighting to see how the shaders react, so I will put that in the Dawn thread. I will also keep your point in mind for the future although I am not sure now what to do with scene renders that sort of only have Dawn as an add on

Great render by the way, I love the dress and the no nonsense expression.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Wow. Is that Dawn? She looks undawnlike for those that can tell a base figure just by looking at it. I can't though I'm sure some people can. I'm loving that expression.
It is PE, Ken was asking Hornet if his Dawn image should be in the Dawn thread :)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Anyone who has looked at my renders will know I am not a perfectionist but when something bugs me I am like a dog with a bone. When I upgraded to Poser 11 I surprised myself in that I was rather drawn to superfly, of course most of my content was pre superfly and seem little better, skin shaders on the other hand was a total disaster. Without modification figures come out black, like dark bronze statues with bright reflections, at least mine did. I already knew EZskin 3 was the answer as I had followed Poser 11 for a while.

OK so now figures render fairly well, they certainly had colour and where a vast improvement, I had to do a few tweaks, particularly with the eyes which were white a ghostly. In trying to correct this I found another problem, loads of the nodes were being ignored by superfly and materials looked very complex and messy. I struggle to find my way around in the advanced materials at the best of times and this was a nightmare. I wanted to clean the whole thing up but it was taking age.

I purchased some supefly shaders in a hope I could understand the process a lot better but then I decided to bite the bullet and go the whole hog. Starting with commercial shaders helps of course although I still had work to do, like where do you plug and image map in.

So anyway here is my character ready for superfly. This is superfly only, rendered in firefly all you get is the hair, unlike the other way round the figure is not black, it is invisible.

On the whole I am happy with the result and, while I not understand completely what the shades are doing there are a lot less nodes I need to investigate and the whole shader panel looks a lot less cluttered.

View attachment 34336

Very nice, Hornet. But, you have a normal or bump map on her torso that has an error in the Gamma Correction settings causing that grey pall over her shoulders. All non color maps should have a GC setting of 1.00 - that's bump, displacement, normal, specular maps.