• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rokket

Dances with Bees
The Batman WIP.jpg

Hehe... Sorry. Couldn't help myself. I am really enjoying Superfly.

Hornet3d

Wise
So I am a few steps closer trying to get my Dawn character to render correctly in Superfly.

SFl base Attempt 5 HW.jpg

I have managed to sort some of the problems with eyes so now they are not blown out with the specular making the character look ghostly. The reflections are now true reflections showing the nature of the lights in this case two square area lights. There is also some shading in the eye but I still need to sort the problem strange white arcs on the inner eye by the lacrimal but the fix is proving elusive. Teeth have gone a little too far and I need to tweak the colour and the specular.

Better news on the other fronts as I do have some detail that went missing and, with a great deal of help from people here, I have sorted a major problem with the render time. With Branch Path tracing off this render took one hour five minutes. As the dimensions are 2000 x 1384 pixels and it is a CPU render I am pretty pleased with that as it ran the full 35 samples but I could have aborted well under the hour without much loss of detail.

Jewelry is the Wiccan Jewels 1 from P3D Art although I have used the chrome Superfly material that is provided with Poser 11 on the metal of each, the gems are untouched.

Hornet3d

Wise
So I have been playing with these eyes again trying to make them work in Superfly but my attention span is not good and I got side tracked. I have had an idea floating around in my head for some time, the idea that being I could have a character whose eyes changed based on emotional state. Human already use their eyes to communicate whit some of this being subconscious such as the dilation of the pupils when attracted to someone.

So, having been distracted, this is the result of me sort of dipping my toe in the water.

Eyes to the soul HW.jpg

Textures used in this case are all from Merchant Essentials Eyes for Dawn by ForbiddenWhispers here at Hivewire.

quietrob

Extraordinary
View attachment 33604
I really need a good face morph and a spit curl hairdo...
Superman Hair
Personally I used his new hairstyle. I'm not sure if that is possible now that the Superman we grew up is back and New 52 Superman is dead. (Think, "The little boy fell out of the bed and woke up. It was all just a dream".)

That outfit is for Dusk, right? Forgive me, if you told me already. I sometimes have the brain of a breathmint.

As for the rest, the Suit never looked better! That's Superfly again, isn't it?

quietrob

Extraordinary
So I have been playing with these eyes again trying to make them work in Superfly but my attention span is not good and I got side tracked. I have had an idea floating around in my head for some time, the idea that being I could have a character whose eyes changed based on emotional state. Human already use their eyes to communicate whit some of this being subconscious such as the dilation of the pupils when attracted to someone.

So, having been distracted, this is the result of me sort of dipping my toe in the water.

View attachment 33612

Textures used in this case are all from Merchant Essentials Eyes for Dawn by ForbiddenWhispers here at Hivewire.
I had the same idea! I'm not surprised as we are both addicted to Scifi heroines for our stories. However, we both use different figures. Shoot me a PM and we'll see what we can do. I'm still learning modeling but I've gotten a tiny, little, itsy bitsy bit better at texturing (Even as I'm failing at my gynoid project).

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Superman Hair
Personally I used his new hairstyle. I'm not sure if that is possible now that the Superman we grew up is back and New 52 Superman is dead. (Think, "The little boy fell out of the bed and woke up. It was all just a dream".)

That outfit is for Dusk, right? Forgive me, if you told me already. I sometimes have the brain of a breathmint.

As for the rest, the Suit never looked better! That's Superfly again, isn't it?
It's M4!
If I could find even a Henry Cavill hairdo I'd take it!

quietrob

Extraordinary
I'm trying to think if he looks like the Christopher Reeve Superman or Henry Cavill/Comic Book Art Superman Hybrid.

In the end, it doesn't matter. Every artist does the man of steel differently. With the exception of his iconic outfit (which is different than his comic counterparts), there is no reason to be obsequious. This Superman stands alone.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I'm trying to think if he looks like the Christopher Reeve Superman or Henry Cavill/Comic Book Art Superman Hybrid.

In the end, it doesn't matter. Every artist does the man of steel differently. With the exception of his iconic outfit (which is different than his comic counterparts), there is no reason to be obsequious. This Superman stands alone.
What matters to me is that he doesn't look like M4 playing Superman. He IS Superman.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Angles make all the difference in a portrait, too. I went heavy on the X axis to capture him from below as much as I could before the ground plane (which I then took out) got in the way. It makes him more majestic, I think.