• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
what is with the line around the neck?, great lips

There are multiple lights, a back, fill, key, detail, specular and IBL thus there are competing shadows, most notable around the collars of the shirt. The line on the neck is the shadow thrown by the chin. At the time I was playing with textures but if I was to do this again I remove the shadows on all lights but the key or modify the shadow blur radius. I would also move the lights slightly to reduced the rather long shadow of the nose.

Thank you for the comment on the lips, when I created the character I looked for quite a while for a good lip texture. I wanted something with a fair amount of detail as regards lines and I finished up with a blend between a lip texture from Fabiana's Oriana and the merchant resource for Dawn from 3Dream. One of the problems I found with some commercial lip packs is that the lip detail changes with the colour, which I did not want as I do do a fair number of portraits. The lips, like the rest of the skin is based up on Bagginsbill's shader and so I can change the lips using the HSV node, thus keeping the detail but changing the colour. Lip shape is just a few tweaks on the standard Dawn SE morphs.

Hornet3d

Wise
nice lighting!
I have to agree. :)

Thank you. I have to own up and say the lighting is a little devious. The main lighting comes from a point light set in the flames of the fire. This alone did not give enough lighting to the room so more lights are added to the left of the scene, so far so good. The candle lights are however totally fake, the flames were added using a brush in ParticleShop and the illumination by using lights in Paint Shop Pro, not a perfect solution but I sometimes use this when I have a long render and I don't want to do endless rerenders.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Super Girl.jpg

My original idea for Supergirl using Dawn. I am still trying to decide how I am going to use this. Probably the last time I will post these outfits. Time to move on..

Rokket

Dances with Bees
The Guard.jpg

I made this suit for Alyson 2 about 4 years ago. I just dug it out. It's fully rigged, but there were some issues I was easily able to fix in PP11. I like the way it looks with the Superfly materials...

I think it's kind of cool how I made this all those years ago, and it kind of reminds me of a certain Star Wars character who was introduced in The Force Awakens...

quietrob

Extraordinary
View attachment 31960

My original idea for Supergirl using Dawn. I am still trying to decide how I am going to use this. Probably the last time I will post these outfits. Time to move on..
Heh! I'm digging that Farrah Fawcett hairstyle.

Of course I'm digging the whole supersuit. How about one post of the Girl of Steel in Action before you put this one away? By the way, since it's for Dawn, I say offer the Icon as an add-on, change it and put it in the marketplace. It's that good, rokket!

I'll even do the QA for you!

Hornet3d

Wise
When Turlough failed to rise for breakfast Caoimhe was concerned, a concern that turned to worry when afternoon made an appearance and he did not. To her horror, when she checked his room he was nowhere to be found but she breathed a sigh of relief noticing his clothes, what there was of them, were still there. It was early evening when he did finally appear having spent a large part of the day walking aimlessly around the grounds. She fought back her feeling of annoyance at being excluded, understanding his need to be alone after his outpouring the night before. Now as they walked the halls, Turlough discovering parts of the building for the first time, she had glad she had been restrained. He seemed relaxed and more at peace than she had seen in the short time she had known him. The smile that had been there when they first met returned having been missing for weeks.

Winterblack Hall HW.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've been meaning to ask Hornet, what's the environment set you're using in these renders? It looks really nice, but doesn't look at all familiar.

Hornet3d

Wise
I've been meaning to ask Hornet, what's the environment set you're using in these renders? It looks really nice, but doesn't look at all familiar.

Three sets really, the one on the staircase is Winterblack Tower and the hallway is Winterblack halls while the bedroom scene is Rosemill Moor II. They are all from Jack Tomalin and while it sounds an expensive collection they have been 40-60% off over the last few weeks as has some of his wonderful cemetery and other scenes. What I like most about the halls is the flexibility in that you can use the individual components but there is also a single and double sized hallway, here I have used the single width. There is also the potion to start with a preset and build something very different. This is true of many of his scenes while others are full scenes but often with extras such as higher definition maps for close ups. Doors open and walls can have the visibility changed to increase the usability.

The big plus for me is that most of the products can be used in out of the box in Poser so no jumping through hoops. DS users are not forgotten in that iRay materials are included with most and if not are generally available as an add on. If only all vendors were like this.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I know, I've always been a fan of Jack's work. I'm just not a fan of the really high prices his products are set at these days.

Hornet3d

Wise
I know, I've always been a fan of Jack's work. I'm just not a fan of the really high prices his products are set at these days.

That I can understand although when you look what it is included I think they are better value than a lot of other products but even then I can't afford the full price. I paid just over $23 for the Tower, which was more than I would normally pay but it has got 7 presets one full and one basic, as there are a lot of polygons in this one, the other presets allowing you to add the candles in sets so you have them only where you need them. There are then 37 figures so you can build your own tower. The halls I paid $9.98 for which is around the sort of starting price I look to pay on a single product so as a set they were not massively expensive.

Another personal factor is in play here and that is, with my self imposed exile from Renderosity I have limited places to spend y hard earned cash, well at least the cash for 3D products. I would like to spend more here but, understandably, the selection is limited but I do look here first before I go elsewhere. The good news is that, with Renderosity not an option, I can still manage to spend my monthly budget most months thanks to the vendors here and a small band of vendors such as Jack and Petipet elsewhere. In that sense at least Renderosity did me a favour.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh yes, his work is definitely worth more, I'm just annoyed his products weren't as expensive a few years ago, and you got the same quality. Oh well.