• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Well, I haven't packaged these new instruments yet.
Still playing with them. But I will in a little while.
There's one more I want to do and it's a real challenge so it could take longer than the guitar and trumpet.

raven

Admirable
Here's a new one from me, enjoy! :)

Wargaming

wargames.jpg

robert952

Brilliant
Here's a new one from me, enjoy! :)

Wargaming

Ah.. a reminder of the good ole days when D&D only consisted of 3 booklets about 4X6 totalling about 80 pages of rules total. Then I discovered Avalon Hill (AH), Simulation Publications Inc (SPI), Steve Jackson Games.

Hmmm, actually, that explains a lot about my current mental state (or lack there of).

D

Deleted member 325

Then I discovered Avalon Hill (AH), Simulation Publications Inc (SPI), Steve Jackson Games.
My favorite aspect of Rune Quest was that it shared the same core rules as Chaosium's rules for Call of Cthulhu and Stormbringer (aka the Elric RPG). Good times there... good times...

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Heh! I'm digging that Farrah Fawcett hairstyle.

Of course I'm digging the whole supersuit. How about one post of the Girl of Steel in Action before you put this one away? By the way, since it's for Dawn, I say offer the Icon as an add-on, change it and put it in the marketplace. It's that good, rokket!

I'll even do the QA for you!
I might do that.

Hey, check your site mail...

quietrob

Extraordinary
Something old, Something New, Someone Worried, Someone Blue.

View attachment 32229

It looks like he is being dumped, confessing a sin or sins or is reliving a painful memory and simply wants the company to share the pain and understand.

You know if I thought there were issues, I would shoot you off an email in private. There are no issues.

This is great render. There is so much to catch the eye. The darkness isn't overwhelming and still allows us to see the main subjects. My eyes are forced to travel from top to bottom in a "F" pattern which I'm told is a good thing. (@carmen indorato probably knows more about this with his extensive background in art and photography and how the eye is supposed to travel) When I decide to explore elsewhere there is something there. The background lit by the candle, the plants that seem to have their own luminosity. The multicolored fireflies that decorated the top of the picture as they dance about. The blue mist at the bottom invading the couple as if the mist were his emotions. Even the dusk as the background sky, though minor, completes what is I believe to be a very emotional scene.

Excellent work.

Hornet3d

Wise
It looks like he is being dumped, confessing a sin or sins or is reliving a painful memory and simply wants the company to share the pain and understand.

You know if I thought there were issues, I would shoot you off an email in private. There are no issues.

This is great render. There is so much to catch the eye. The darkness isn't overwhelming and still allows us to see the main subjects. My eyes are forced to travel from top to bottom in a "F" pattern which I'm told is a good thing. (@carmen indorato probably knows more about this with his extensive background in art and photography and how the eye is supposed to travel) When I decide to explore elsewhere there is something there. The background lit by the candle, the plants that seem to have their own luminosity. The multicolored fireflies that decorated the top of the picture as they dance about. The blue mist at the bottom invading the couple as if the mist were his emotions. Even the dusk as the background sky, though minor, completes what is I believe to be a very emotional scene.

Excellent work.

Thank you so much for your comments I look forward to your feedback, not only so I can improve, but also it gives me a reference point to see if I am actually portraying the thought I had when creating the scene. In this case it looks as though it works as your feeling match what I had in mind at the time. In this case he is not being dumped but I am imagining him sharing some deep thoughts on how he is handling life having been thrown into her world, a place and time in many ways so advanced compared to his home. Her concern is for him but also because she now realises he has not handled the transition as well as she had imagined and there is an element of guilt that she did not do more to help him.

I am glad you like the lighting I do find the balance in dark scenes difficult to master which is why I try so many ways to light parts of the scene without affecting large areas. The plants do have some luminosity, in the case of the alien plants this as as they come but the rest are Lisa's Tulips and Daylilys which have just had the ambience boosted.

Thanks again for you comment and the time you take to convey them. I know my art has already improved as your feedback lets me know what works well and what may need change. I am most grateful for this and your suggestions on other renders where you have also advised how I can improve a technique or render. I am forever in you debt and if this render 'works' some of the credit must go to you.

I'm seeing some very nice renders done in Carrara.
Makes me want to use LW Layout more often, which has a lot of the same capabilities.
Need more practice with it to get stuff as good as recently posted here.