• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks, the only thing with moving it is that it won't make any sense, but then I rarely do. Would probably best just to remove it.
Which do you wish Hornet, move or remove. I can take care of either. If you want, I can remove it from here, including your posts about it, and then you can do a new post in the other thread if you want. It's a nice render, so it would be a shame to remove it altogether.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I don't do big terrains unless it's just that that I'm going to render,,

I load up the small stuff first then build around that otherwise it just gets lost in the abyss :eek:

quietrob

Extraordinary
That's a great play on words or as we call it here in the USA, a pun.

@StudioMartillo That sounds like a reproducible error. I think you might wish to report it. To me, if it can be duplicated than an update is an order. When software updates I know the creator of the software still thinks the software, Hexagon or Carrara is still viable. The interface of Blender, for instance, can be a little quirky but it's still being updated and improved.

The horses name is babe? I rather like that.

Hornet3d

Wise
Which do you wish Hornet, move or remove. I can take care of either. If you want, I can remove it from here, including your posts about it, and then you can do a new post in the other thread if you want. It's a nice render, so it would be a shame to remove it altogether.

It has had a few likes so I guess you are right it would be best to move if you think that it can be done and still make sense. If not, remove it and I will repost at some point.

Sorry for all the trouble I didn't think about uploading it and only realised it was inappropriate in a Dawn specific thread until too late to edit. Not having a good week in the forum, but I promise to try harder.

I don't do big terrains unless it's just that that I'm going to render,,
I load up the small stuff first then build around that otherwise it just gets lost in the abyss :eek:
Yes, exactly. I've got to learn to scale the terrains and atmospheres to fit what else goes in.
Just been going through the manual and building 'lessons' for each part as I learn, for future reference when it gets confusing.
That's a great play on words or as we call it here in the USA, a pun.
Talking 'bout the 'bat' thing? I also forgot to answer @Riccardo 's question about the other wordplay "phreeking phantasmic'
That comes from the realization that the Happy Halloween render is truly phantasmagoria.
The horses name is babe? I rather like that.
Yeah, I once had a quarter horse named Babe, after my great aunt. My mother's aunt was named Babe, her mother named Dolly.
I have to admit something awful. I got Babe while at CSU SF. She was boarded at a riding stables/trails place in the San Jose foothills.
Didn't ride her. Just went hiking with her 'cause my legs are long as a horses anyway.
Having a horse was just a great way to get 'babes' to go somewhere with me.
So my girlfriends got to ride, and I just hiked along.
Well, when I got accepted at UC, I was so happy that I just went off to my new campus and forgot all about Babe.
Till one day someone asked me 'Do you like horses?'. OMG, my horse!!
But the stables held the papers for the horses so if some stupid punk defaulted on the boarding, they could take possession and sell the horse to someone else.
But I felt so bad about it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, several posts were moved, with the appropriate responses, to this thread from the Show Us Your Dawn Renders thread as requested.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
The Bin Chicken Ruler

in Carrara 8.5Pro

Riccardo

Adventurous
I do wonder if any program really changes their interface. It would almost make it seem as if you have to relearn the program. Has Carrrara every changed its interface?
That's a good point. You don't usually want to ask your users to relearn a program...
But blender is a special case. A lot of people would welcome that change, I think.
In my opinion, programs like Carrara, Bryce, DS have quite pleasant interfaces, so I don't think they need that kind of change. Anyway, Carrara was born as Ray Dream Studio, so maybe it may have gone through an interface change, sort of... But I do not know about this, actually. Surely it did not change from version 6.

Riccardo

Adventurous
So glad you're not offended. It just means 'That crazy Riccardo', and this comes from a colloquialism 'He's bats!' that means the same thing.
Such a cool idea those bats. I just love it!

I'm liking Carrara much more now that I've made it about half way through the user's manual.
For me it's a nice compliment to Poser, mainly for doing outdoor/nature scenes.
There's a story been on my mind that involves a girl and her horse (Babe, my HW Horse Character) traveling through Scotland in search of some ethereal truth.
So I think it's going to work well in Carrara.
I already found a bug though. When there's a big terrain in the scene and I add a small prop, and then do 'zoom to selected' the program hangs.
Otherwise it's really fun so far.
Ohhhhh, I understood the spanish meaning, but I did not think of the same meaning for "bats" (which I actually have heard before) so I didn't get the link :-D
Well, "El Riccardo Loco" is definitely a nickname that some of my friends could adopt if they knew about it! ;-)

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe was dizzy from holding her breath, the hand of fate that had brought them together closed around them, momentarily giving them peace and protection from the troubles of their world. It was but a simple kiss and she was totally unaware that in this brief fleeting moment, her resolve to never love again was mortally wounded.

First Kiss HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Very nice Hornet. What scene prop did you use? I like it. ;)

Thank you. The scene prop is Pavilion of Montchanin by Jack Tomalin but to get the full effect shown here you also need two add-ons, Pavilion of Montchanin Fallen which adds the vines and The Belvedere which changes some textures and adds the lilac morning glory to the vines. That all makes it costly, well for me it does, but I managed to get all three on a good sale and I have plans to use the same scene later in my story but only with fallen which as it suggests shows the scene in sader times. As you already know I like Jack Tomalin's content a lot but this scene, as depicted, was just crying out to be used with a little romance.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I like his work as well. I don't recall if I happen to own Pavilion of Montchanin. I'll have to check.