• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Kuula Ok, embedding from the Kuula website didn't work, so you'll need to use the link at the start of the sentence. its my first go at a 360 degree image (which is why I can't post it here). It features Ken's lizard and dragonflies and the HW house cat. Here is a Tiny Planet preview so there's an image here but it looks better in the 3D image viewer.
Blue Tounge and Dragonfly TP.jpg

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nicely done Rae. Kuula is similar to what I see when I'm shopping for HDRi files. Some sites give you the 360 view, though I don't think they work up and down, just around in a circle.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B. It was really a test to see if I could do it in DS. I think if I did it again I'd populate it with more insects and birds etc.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
that's cool :blossom:

Did a bit of playing around during the breaks in the cricket today... modeled a one footed alien for my alien ship who isn't to friendly by the looks of the pigeon!... or what's left of him

the echidna better look out
All modeled and rendered in Carrara

He reminds me of Squidward from SpongeBob...

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I acknowledge that I was too old for it. It was obviously meant for 5 and 6 year olds. and I was well past that. Around 8 or 10. But seriously, it was a STUPID show.
I was about 5 or 6, and I still hated it. There were so many other shows on TV at that time that were much better.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I had to look it up :p

Apparently, it started running in 1968. I have no idea whether I was still watching Saturday morning tv at that point. I mean ... I was 16. What did 16 year olds do on Saturday morning in 1968 ... other than sleep till noon or so.

It looks like it ran from 10:30 to 11:30 am on NBC. Fantastic Voyage and Journey to the Center of the Earth were on ABC and the Batman/Superman Hour were on CBS. I probably would have been more likely to be watching Fantastic Voyage and Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I had to look it up too, as I'd never heard of it. Then again, I was in my mid-20s, out of college, and working by then, so was definitely sleeping late on Saturday mornings.

Hornet3d

Wise
Kuula Ok, embedding from the Kuula website didn't work, so you'll need to use the link at the start of the sentence. its my first go at a 360 degree image (which is why I can't post it here). It features Ken's lizard and dragonflies and the HW house cat. Here is a Tiny Planet preview so there's an image here but it looks better in the 3D image viewer.
View attachment 32705

Well it certainly puts a whole new spin on 3d.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I have a few renders I want to post, so tomorrow I will take my laptop to the food court and upload them. I have been playing around with 2nd skin costumes again. I am yet to try one on Dawn because I prefer the all in one texture maps. Lining things up with separate limbs and torso is a bit of a pain. On the other hand, I may give her a go later tonight. I want to try something on her.

eclark1894

Visionary
I had to look it up too, as I'd never heard of it. Then again, I was in my mid-20s, out of college, and working by then, so was definitely sleeping late on Saturday mornings.
I knew this girl who went to my church when I was around 8 or 10. She was around 18 0r so. I had the HUGEST crush on her. I always wanted her to be my girl friend. Of course, I never knew I didn't stand a chance.:unsure:

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I have a few renders I want to post, so tomorrow I will take my laptop to the food court and upload them. I have been playing around with 2nd skin costumes again. I am yet to try one on Dawn because I prefer the all in one texture maps. Lining things up with separate limbs and torso is a bit of a pain. On the other hand, I may give her a go later tonight. I want to try something on her.

Yeah, it's going to be tricky. Apparently I didn't download or save her templates. I'll have to see if I can get them later today.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I knew this girl who went to my church when I was around 8 or 10. She was around 18 0r so. I had the HUGEST crush on her. I always wanted her to be my girl friend. Of course, I never knew I didn't stand a chance.:unsure:
I was 12, she was 16. Not a chance, but it didn't stop me from trying!