• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Carey

Extraordinary
@Stezza :
You have definitely developed your own style.
I used to think style had to learned some how. The first time I was told I had style I was taken back, but after going back and looking I notice that yes I had a style. After all those years trying to figure out how to get one I had developed something that could pass for style...lol...Yea, I like Stezza's style too....

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Happy puppies! Figures are Cookie, rendered in Poser with Superfly.

DoggyAndFoxy_1024.jpg

quietrob

Extraordinary
View media item 4040
Parking a vehicle on a frozen lake has always made me uncomfortable. Particularly when the ice is very clear and you can see down to the lake bottom. o_O

Then perhaps you should park in your ASSIGNED PARKING SPOT. Don't get mad if someone else steals your spot for the day.

On the plus side, it is doubtful that someone could jack your ship without sinking everything and everyone down to the lake bottom. :D

I got diverted from my musical toys.
Thinking about the stories for Carrara scenes brought to mind having a horse drawn Carravan.
There's a real old one in my library so I loaded it, but it just won't look right.
Whatever I do. And it doesn't have proper tack either.
So I made my own Carravan and gave it a new style.
Now there's going to have to be driving tack made for it. For a team of two.
It'll have to be done so the traces come down to where the nubs are on the axle tree,
so I probably won't find something already done that fits.

The textures for this aren't really done either. The fenders should have their own material.
'Cause the polys overlap on the UV map. But I got confused and put them on the body material.
Well that's easy to fix and then there can be some unique designs on the body.

Carravan 001.jpg
Carravan 002.jpg
Carravan 003.jpg
Carravan 004.jpg
Carravan 005.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
And now, for something completely different, a render with no characters, or even Poser/DS. This is a render with PuppyRay in Howler 11. The terrain was generated from a displacement map, and took whopping 3 seconds to render at max quality. I have to play more with it to see what can be done. ^^

RockyLake_1024.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
And now, for something completely different, a render with no characters, or even Poser/DS. This is a render with PuppyRay in Howler 11. The terrain was generated from a displacement map, and took whopping 3 seconds to render at max quality. I have to play more with it to see what can be done. ^^

View attachment 32842

That looks as though that has real potential.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
That looks as though that has real potential.

Indeed, Howler is mostly unknown and underrated. It's a 2D painting and animation program that also happens to come with a built-in 3D rendering engine. It ships with tons of procedural generators and powerful particle brushes that work in quite unusual ways. It's quite a unique program that can do wonders in 2D and 3D, and also the two combined. It's a tool created by artists for artists. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Rats PuppyRay refuses to work with my system, even with the GPU option disabled it just crashes the program. Still looks interesting so I will continue to play and hope a new system or GPU upgrade will come to my rescue at some later date.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I tried Dogwaffle's PD Artist years ago, and it was fun. Not sure if I've ever tried Howler though.

Hornet3d

Wise
I tried Dogwaffle's PD Artist years ago, and it was fun. Not sure if I've ever tried Howler though.

I should have been more accurate in that I purchased the Artist version (11.2) which is Howler without the animation tools that I doubt I would use, or at least I have no plans to at this point in time.

It does look fun though and has a lot of tools I can still use like the 3d designer tool so the fact I cannot use Puppy Ray is just a small blip. Looks like I need to spend a few evenings with the tutorials to see how I can really use it but I love learning something new.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I originally bought the PD Particles to create special effects in animations, or just to paint vegetation on my renders. It was only years later that I came to know PD Howler, which includes that and ALL the other tools from their other applications. It's an all-in-one program that does... more than you expect. It's difficult to get started with it because it can do SO MANY things, and I didn't know where to start. But being a 3D artist, I obviously went more for 3D rendering, where PuppyRay has evolved very quickly. With 3D Designer, we can now even export geometry to use in Poser. ^___^

There are *plenty* of tutorials there too. I want to try them ALL! LOL