• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Flipmode is one of the few vendors over at DAZ whose products still come with Poser materials, and he does great skydives and (older) skyboxes. He has a new one out today and his back catalogue has at least one night package as well as one of planets.

I have several of Flipmode's products and definitely like them.

Glad to know he is still supporting Poser. Too bad he doesn't have busy bee wings :wink:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind it if he came over here to sell. :)

I have his FM Night Builder, but not his Solar System, so not sure which would be better for what Traci's looking for.

Thanks JOdel! I grabbed them both (they're both on sale), and as usual they're both great. Just a couple quick Superfly renders using GIS with them both. Flipmode is one of my favorite DAZ vendors.

Solar System
FlipmodeSolar.jpg

Night Sky
FlipmodeNightSky.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nicely done Traci. Which setup did you use in Night Builder? I haven't played with it in a long time, but I remember there were several choices.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Nicely done Traci. Which setup did you use in Night Builder? I haven't played with it in a long time, but I remember there were several choices.

I didn't play with it much.......I selected the one with the "moonish" image in the file list, yrotated until the moon was in position and used the lights provided by Flipmode. Those are Superfly renders - both of them. The only materials change I made was to the car in the first image and threw one of Vince Banga's Bloom car paint shaders on the hull.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
This is my first attempt of a portrait render in DazStudio with Iray. I still don't have the lighting down. lighting and shading is a tad different from Octane. And I had to choose a darker skin character for a first...

Joe, you might want to have a conversation with DAZ then, as they seem to be foisting this render of yours off on folks as Iray.......
JVRNotOctane.jpg

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I think I'm going to have to play with it again. ;)
LOL, yeah, I'm always impressed by Flipmode stuff because he makes using his stuff so EASY! You can get some really nice drama with load, pose, render. And, it says a lot that it renders in Superfly like that, too!

Joe, you might want to have a conversation with DAZ then, as they seem to be foisting this render of yours off on folks as Iray.......
View attachment 26613

Hi Traci, Skiriki pointed that out to me last night. I don't use Twitter nor Facebook, so I wasn't awared of any of my renders being used somewhere else other than the sites I posted them on. That particular render was in the Daz3d gallery, so they have every right to use how they see fit. I did include 'poser11pro, octane, and Dawn SE' in the keywords. How their admins didn't pick those up is beyond me. I'll let them deal with that themselves. I find this 'ordeal' quite amusing. I'm flattered that one my doodles made in on the front of their Twitter page. Just let me enjoy my 15 mins of fame. Heehee.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Hi Traci, Skiriki pointed that out to me last night. I don't use Twitter nor Facebook, so I wasn't awared of any of my renders being used somewhere else other than the sites I posted them on. That particular render was in the Daz3d gallery, so they have every right to use how they see fit. I did include 'poser11pro, octane, and Dawn SE' in the keywords. How their admins didn't pick those up is beyond me. I'll let them deal with that themselves. I find this 'ordeal' quite amusing. I'm flattered that one my doodles made in on the front of their Twitter page. Just let me enjoy my 15 mins of fame. Heehee.

LOL, not Twitter.........it was on my Facebook feed.

Zaarin

Brilliant
All things considered, I find it hilarious that DAZ is inadvertently promoting both Dawn and Poser. :D

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
All things considered, I find it hilarious that DAZ is inadvertently promoting both Dawn and Poser. :D
If I'm not mistaken, JV only uses DS, not Poser. It's just that he's been using Octane for rendering until the render he posted above.

quietrob

Extraordinary
This is my first attempt of a portrait render in DazStudio with Iray. I still don't have the lighting down. lighting and shading is a tad different from Octane. And I had to choose a darker skin character for a first...
Great Render but where did you get that hat? By the way, I'm digging the darker skin.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
There are some really nice renders in here! I am impressed with octane and a little with iray. I'd like to see some Poser renders to compare

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I have a couple more from my super heroine series to post, but I won't be able to for a couple more days.