• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Wow, that's a lot of work!

I gotta upgrade to Poser 11 at some point. Money is tight right now, so I keep missing the sales. But I got my eye on it.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Just playing with some Dawn and Dusk in SciFi.
DawnDuskSkywaySciFi.jpg

quietrob

Extraordinary
Something I've noticed from time to time that using Superfly with NO adjustments gets you some great results. Superfly with firefly skin textures is no good. You need Snarly's script to fix that. Not all metal textures or ceramics hold up as well, but when they do, I like what I see.

What ground and building texture is that? Dystopia or Stonemason?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Something I've noticed from time to time that using Superfly with NO adjustments gets you some great results. Superfly with firefly skin textures is no good. You need Snarly's script to fix that. Not all metal textures or ceramics hold up as well, but when they do, I like what I see.

GIS Skyway, Jack Tomalin, I think. Again, no texture changes for Superfly in the render.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, that's one of Jack's goodies. It's a DAZ Original, and happens to be on sale at the moment Rob, if you're interested in picking it up.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Oh I picked it up a long time ago. Before DAZ went NO POSER, well almost NO Poser, I belonged to the platinum club. Getting the Skyway and most of Jack's stuff for 2 bucks was a good deal. Jack as always looked out for Poser users.

seachnasaigh

Energetic

For Superfly, remove any ambient occlusion nodes you find; it was an old P5/P6 Firefly cheat, and Superfly does ambient occlusion inherently. Stonemason also often plugged a reflect node into the ambient_color socket or the alternate_specular socket for metals. Superfly won't like/need that. Make your metals using the ks_microfacet node (plugged into alternate_specular) - one node and your done, with results superior to any of those cheats done in Firefly.

Any math (including color math) of the output of a lighting node will be rejected by Superfly. Likewise, you can't do math after any probability function (any node ending in Bsdf; Bsdf = bidirectional scattering distribution function). That's because the color math will output R,G,B but lose the probability factor. When Superfly disallows some node connection, it's because Superfly is trying to keep you from shooting yourself in the foot.

For skin, Snarly's script does it for you, but you don't need the script. Remove the blue jacked into alternate_diffuse, and de-saturate (use HSV node) those brown/orange skin textures. There again, these are obsolete cheats to get the P5 Firefly render engine to respond.

While adapting a new doll or scene prop texture for Superfly, watch the message log icon (looks like a cartoon speech balloon); if it turns a dull orange, click it to open the log and it will tell you every invalid material node connection).

Last edited:

seachnasaigh

Energetic
The upper pair of nodes is OK; the lower pair is invalid. Use of a _____Bsdf node introduces a probability factor into the data output. You can do math manipulation before entering a ______Bsdf node, but if you use math (including color math) after a _____Bsdf node, then the math node doesn't pass on the probability factor. And if you use a _____Bsdf node, then Superfly expects that probability data.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Yes, that's one of Jack's goodies. It's a DAZ Original, and happens to be on sale at the moment Rob, if you're interested in picking it up.

Oh I picked it up a long time ago. Before DAZ went NO POSER, well almost NO Poser, I belonged to the platinum club. Getting the Skyway and most of Jack's stuff for 2 bucks was a good deal. Jack as always looked out for Poser users.

Yeah, that's why I grabbed it - the sale price. I probably would have done it a little better justice if I took the time to create a normal map for it for Superfly, but it looks fine without it.

Anyone know where I could get some space textures to use on the Construct - maybe a couple of moons?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Not bad at all for a first try JV. Only thing I see is a bit too much shine/reflection on some of the pieces of jewelry, and the chains on her hat.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yeah, that's why I grabbed it - the sale price. I probably would have done it a little better justice if I took the time to create a normal map for it for Superfly, but it looks fine without it.

Anyone know where I could get some space textures to use on the Construct - maybe a couple of moons?

Flipmode is one of the few vendors over at DAZ whose products still come with Poser materials, and he does great skydives and (older) skyboxes. He has a new one out today and his back catalogue has at least one night package as well as one of planets.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I have several of Flipmode's products and definitely like them.

Glad to know he is still supporting Poser. Too bad he doesn't have busy bee wings :wink:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yeah, I wouldn't mind it if he came over here to sell. :)

I have his FM Night Builder, but not his Solar System, so not sure which would be better for what Traci's looking for.