• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I am SO glad you're back!

quietrob

Extraordinary
I have your Tyler MOS outfit. How do you like M4 vs Tyler? Tyler MIGHT be a superior figure but support counts.

Can't wait to see it fitted with a cape. Just a note. The Movie Superman no longer has the iconic yellow 'S' on his cape.

And Green hair? You've read my comics (at least one page). Green hair works just fine for a super-hero. Even more for a Green Lantern.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I was thinking M4 because you are right: support counts. M4 has the hair and face morphs to make him look like Clark Kent/Superman. Tyler doesn't. Tyler's only real plus is that he is weight mapped.

I started on the cape last night but got sleepy. I am going for something that looks more like what Henry Cavil was wearing in the movies, with the 3 folds along the collar and the free flowing cape behind him. I'll post a render when I get something worth seeing.

The green hair on a Lantern Corps member just seemed to fit. Other female lanterns had green hair, some had green skin, so it just seemed right.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Just a note. The Movie Superman no longer has the iconic yellow 'S' on his cape.

I know he doesn't. But remember I put 3 options on that cape for no S, small S, and really big S. I may or may not do that for the new cape. I did it to the old one for the purist who wanted his Supes to have an S on his cape as well.

Terre

Renowned
Glad Max is working out well for you, Rokket.
My husband has an older version of Max that is what he uses to mod models and make some props. He's wanting to learn spline modeling as the box style doesn't click in his mind.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Glad Max is working out well for you, Rokket.
My husband has an older version of Max that is what he uses to mod models and make some props. He's wanting to learn spline modeling as the box style doesn't click in his mind.
I have the 2016 version. It does a lot. I am trying out different things as I go along, but always default back to Wings for the bulk of what I do.

Terre

Renowned
Having two programs you can use is good. :)

Meanwhile:
The internet feed at work is one where the store can put in store ads in. There seem to be about two every hour. This week we have Libby's canned veggies on sale. Because of this I've been hearing a familiar jingle several times a day. Late this morning a co-worker (early 30s I think) asked if I liked the new Libby's ad.
New? Has it really been that many years since that jingle played, played, played on the air, air, air?

quietrob

Extraordinary
I recently saw a commercial where a little boy asked an owl (who are all knowing of course), "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie-pop?"

As everyone knows, the answer is 3. If you're an owl.

That commercial first aired in 1969. I remember it quite clearly as my big brother, big sister and I tried to solve this problem as well. The research was ended when my brother stole our pops and crunched them himself. Yes Eww! (I just love that big guy!)

So...Yes, I can believe they are still playing that libby's commercial jingle if they are still playing a commercial that is almost 50 years old!

Rokket

Dances with Bees
This reminds me of the movie "Demolition Man". Remember, they replaced the music they thought was causing us to be violent and warlike with ad jingles....

Rokket

Dances with Bees
MOS w cape.jpg

This is done. I am moving on to the M4 version. Thoughts?

quietrob

Extraordinary
This reminds me of the movie "Demolition Man". Remember, they replaced the music they thought was causing us to be violent and warlike with ad jingles....

I remember that movie. It was silly but packed with harmless action and really, a lot of fun. Plus it gave us Sandra Bullock. Pretty much a win win all the way through. I loved that all restaurants were Taco Bells!

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I only have the original Dusk, so his default form is what I am creating it from. But the suit will have the padding and musculature built in....

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
All clothing created for the original Dusk is supposed to work with DuskSE, or at least does so far as I've tried, so you should be fine working with him Rokket.