• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I am SO glad you're back!

Rokket

Dances with Bees
O
How hot does Washington get during the summer? I know it gets pretty cold during the winter...I never thought it got as hot as we do here.
The Eastern side has 4 regular seasons, and in the summer it gets up to the high 90's F, and even up into the 100's in August. Couple that with relatively low humidity, and it's perfect fire conditions.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yeah...sounds like it. We had a mild summer this year but in previous years we had over 40 degrees celsius for days in a row. High 30's is quite normal. Just checked and it said 100 degrees F is the same as 38 celsius...

I still remember the year we had over 3 days in a row at about 45 degrees. It melted my candles...they drooped...lol.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Where I grew up was in a box canyon. There were mountains on all four sides. Any weather system that got in there stayed in there for days on end too. If it was a cold front in the winter, brrrrrr. Same with the summer weather. We recorded almost 2 weeks over 100 in the mid 80's. I moved away from there in 1985, and have lived all over the Pacific since then. I am in Singapore now. What makes the heat unbearable here is the high humidity. You start sweating as soon as you step outside. It's raining off and on too. I don't think they have fire days here.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Nice suit, Rokket :)

We (us NZers) are now into the wet season. Two lows and a possible tropical heading to us this week. Me and mine will be growing mould but we are above water so that's all that really matters.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Nice suit, Rokket :)

We (us NZers) are now into the wet season. Two lows and a possible tropical heading to us this week. Me and mine will be growing mould but we are above water so that's all that really matters.
It's pretty humid where I live in the Philippines too. I lost a very expensive bass guitar to the humidity. Mold was only one of the issues it caused. It also warped the neck and body. I was upset, but I learned about climate control the hard way. Now my instruments are fairly safe.

Stay dry!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, I'm liking that suit too Rokket.

BTW, what ever happened to the blouse and skirt I was playing with months ago? Did you give up on it?

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Oh, I'm liking that suit too Rokket.

BTW, what ever happened to the blouse and skirt I was playing with months ago? Did you give up on it?
I didn't give up on it, I just noticed a bunch of issues with it that I didn't like. I am working my way from the back to the front with a lot of my older stuff. My modeling skill set has improved, and I want to rework a bunch of them. Modeling is therapy for me, so I am doing a lot of it.

The reworking started because I was making a pair of shoes for V4 that wouldn't conform to her. I got ticked off and put that aside, and decided to rework some of my older stuff. There is this one and a Batman that I am going to redo, then I will finish the skirt and top and post all of it.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Green Lantern Alyson.jpg

This was the catalyst for the MOS suit. I made this and threw the Kryptonian texture from the MOS suit on there. When it turned out like this, I wondered why I couldn't achieve this when I made the suit, so I started messing with the textures first, and started the remodel after that when I wasn't happy with the overall look of the suit.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I cleverly hid the fact that I didn't model a Green Lantern ring by posing her like this. This is my own pose. This is actually Alyson 2 with her body morphs jacked up and a 3Dream face morph. The rest is me, of course.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
cool outfit...

We get some humidity but not as much as up north in Queensland where Rae is. Humidity is worse than the heat...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You and me both, sister!

I always seem to get sidetracked. I blame it on getting older.
Oh I know the name of THAT game . . . the getting sidetracked. Getting older is a given. ;)

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The humidity's not so bad here most of the time. It usually hits around Christmas time when the wet season begins.

quietrob

Extraordinary
View attachment 25246

Made this for Tyler a while back. I didn't like the texture so I started remapping everything. I then decided I didn't like the emblem and redid that. It's modeled onto the suit, not just a texture map.
I decided that I also didn't like the piping on the suit because it was plain, no ridges in them and I redid that.
The boots were ugly and didn't have that peak in them so I redid those.
Now I am going to make this suit for M4, and a little later for Dusk . I still am in progress with remapping the boots, but what do you think of it?

Definitely click to enlarge it. It's got a lot of detail...
It looks VERY detailed. Down to the body armor of what was now known as his Kryptonian Armored Suit. This changes from the Canon of his mythos in that his uniform (costume?) was made from the blanket that he was wrapped in. It was from Krypton and thus was almost invulnerable as he was. Though this makes more sense it's not nearly as fun. Still even the boots look like they are made from woven armor rather than the material makes up the side of his torso. How do you like 3DS Max?

quietrob

Extraordinary
View attachment 25251

This was the catalyst for the MOS suit. I made this and threw the Kryptonian texture from the MOS suit on there. When it turned out like this, I wondered why I couldn't achieve this when I made the suit, so I started messing with the textures first, and started the remodel after that when I wasn't happy with the overall look of the suit.
You know how I feel about this. After our discussions regarding styles and such, I think this is your best work yet. It balances all of the factors that a modern Superhero with a power ring needs. Her mask doesn't hide much of her face if she is going to work incognito so that feels more like a style choice as well.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
It looks VERY detailed. Down to the body armor of what was now known as his Kryptonian Armored Suit. This changes from the Canon of his mythos in that his uniform (costume?) was made from the blanket that he was wrapped in. It was from Krypton and thus was almost invulnerable as he was. Though this makes more sense it's not nearly as fun. Still even the boots look like they are made from woven armor rather than the material makes up the side of his torso. How do you like 3DS Max?
I am loving 3DS Max. I am going to dive into the tutorials when we are underway and I have some down time. I was very happy with how this turned out. I think it looks better than most of the Superman suits I've seen out there.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
You know how I feel about this. After our discussions regarding styles and such, I think this is your best work yet. It balances all of the factors that a modern Superhero with a power ring needs. Her mask doesn't hide much of her face if she is going to work incognito so that feels more like a style choice as well.
Yeah, I made that choice when I started the mask. I didn't want it to hide her face as much as make the statement that she is a superhero. Between that and the lantern on her chest, you know who she is. The green hair was an afterthought.