• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I am SO glad you're back!

Rokket

Dances with Bees
That surely must make communicating easier when you don't have to check to see what time it is in her part of the world.

You're right about that. I am constantly checking the world clock on my phone when I am in port to talk to my mom or siblings. It's usually easier to figure out the time at my house because we are usually only two time zones away.

My sympathies Rokket.
Hopefully the next ship will have better internet.

I doubt it. I've been on 6 of these ships now. Same across the board...

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Summer 2017 is on the way!

Excuse me! As I sit wrapped in dressing gown and blankie over my clothes and fluffy slippers on my feet I am reminded that "Winter is coming!"

It's nice actually, I'm looking forward to it being cool enough for a fire, I'm so over the humidity and too warm nights.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Perhaps because you live on the bottom of the world is going to be winter but here at the top, we've broken out our shorts, tank tops and flip flops! Is that a barbeque?

And no we, ain't barbequing shrimp. Baby Back Ribs time is almost here. At we both like Anchovies. :giggle:

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Heehee! Till yesterday we were all in shorts and T's and summer dresses. Then BOOM! hello winter! I can't cope when the change is so fast.

Terre

Renowned
Rokket, glad to hear things are getting better. I hope that continues.

As far as weather here, normal. Hot, cold,hot, cold,... we're back to AC instead of heater today.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
My cousin posted a picture of a town in North Dakota that had snow and ice on the roads on one day, green grass and no snow the next. The weather is weird all over the world.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
wow.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Glad you're wife is a bit better...
Perhaps because you live on the bottom of the world is going to be winter but here at the top, we've broken out our shorts, tank tops and flip flops! Is that a barbeque?
Not unless you have meat and a flame to cook it over. Then and only then it becomes a bbq! Gas flame is acceptable though...

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Glad you're wife is a bit better...
Not unless you have meat and a flame to cook it over. Then and only then it becomes a bbq! Gas flame is acceptable though...

Not where I grew up. If you have a gas grill you are ostracized. They take their grills pretty serious...

Rokket

Dances with Bees
MOS NEW SUIT.jpg

Made this for Tyler a while back. I didn't like the texture so I started remapping everything. I then decided I didn't like the emblem and redid that. It's modeled onto the suit, not just a texture map.
I decided that I also didn't like the piping on the suit because it was plain, no ridges in them and I redid that.
The boots were ugly and didn't have that peak in them so I redid those.
Now I am going to make this suit for M4, and a little later for Dusk . I still am in progress with remapping the boots, but what do you think of it?

Definitely click to enlarge it. It's got a lot of detail...

Rokket

Dances with Bees
lol...here in Oz you have to accept the gas grill as we have so many fire danger days.
We have fire days too. I lived in Washington state, where most of the people who don't live in Seattle are loggers. And because we had black flag days in the woods, most people who used to smoke switched to chewing tobacco!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
During summer in Oz it is more often a fire day than not some years, that's not even mentioning total fire ban days when even a grill is banned.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
During summer in Oz it is more often a fire day than not some years, that's not even mentioning total fire ban days when even a grill is banned.
I know a guy who got arrested and fined for lighting up a grill inside city limits on a black flag day. He knew better, he just thought he wouldn't get caught. The city isn't that big and crime is low, so the cops look for things like that.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
How hot does Washington get during the summer? I know it gets pretty cold during the winter...I never thought it got as hot as we do here.