• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I am SO glad you're back!

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I haven't been here in awhile. I've been busier than the proverbial one-legged man.

I noticed that the forum went down. I read the thread, so I know why. But now it's back!!!

I am posting mainly because something very WEIRD happened to my runtime. Dawn SR2 is gone....

The geometries file is there. The textures are there. The mat files are there. Her Glam Ponytail is there.

But the cr2 and associated files are gone... I know I didn't delete them. The HiveWire folders are all intact. But the folder with her cr2 is gone. I am at a loss for words. I can't buy the latest and greatest. I am just so bummed out right now.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
If you had it originally, you should be able to download it from your "Downloadable products" page. I'll give it a try and see if it still works... Be right back.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Ok, I did just check it, and it works. If you sign in to your HiveWire Store account, go to the "My Account" page, and then click on the link to "My Downloadable Products." If you downloaded it once (even the free version, like I did), the link is still there. Hope this helps, and welcome back!

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
As an afterthought, if you still have the geometry files, textures, etc., when you unzip the Runtime folder, just click the "replace all" when you are asked what to do with the duplicate files.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
You're very welcome. Just an idea... I keep all the zip files of ANYTHING I ever download; I do put them on an external drive to save clutter space, but that way if one of the sites crashes, runs out of download tries, or something like that, at least I have backup...

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Yeah, I normally do that too. But for some reason I didn't bother last time. I am downloading her again. You can bet this one will be backed up!

And thank you so much again! Dawn was about to become a major player in my online comic until she didn't show up for the audition. I will give her another chance of course.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Welcome back, Rokket! We're happy to be back, too!!

And thanks, VB, for stepping in there to let him know he can just go to the product page and re-download everything :)

Even if a product is no longer available, if you purchased it (even, like this, a "free" purchase), it's available for re-downloading if you ever need to.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Thank you all! Dawn did indeed pass the audition. I'd made a Robocop outfit for her that I couldn't distribute because I'd used her clothing resource kit to make it. I simply changed a few things on that and now she has a place in my story. Her scale compared to the Poser natives makes her a perfect figure for the role.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I am going to do a render later on tonight and post it up here later. I am currently in Korea, so it's Wednesday evening here. I will have something to share in a few hours.

Thanks once again for all the help. It is the one thing that is missing from some other sites, and slowly going away in others....

Rokket

Dances with Bees
cyborg.png

Here she is. My new character. She doesn't have a name yet and I am still working on her back story. She will be tricked into helping my main villain until she figures out what he is. For now, she's an unwitting villain, very powerful and very fast.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
cyborg2.png

And here we have a close up of her eye piece and the textures of the under armor. This costume came together really fast, I remember, and I enjoyed the whole process. If course, having the clothing resource sped it up!