• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I am SO glad you're back!

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Cyborg.png

Yeah, she looks like she's ready to kick some tail and not feel bad about it. This is the final, final version of her. I still have to name her. Any suggestions?

Her backstory is that she was created in a hidden lab on the hero's compound. He's 3rd generation of a billion dollar electronics corporation. During the final battle of season one, the bad guy gets buried under a collapsed building so they believe he is dead. He comes back, and while stumbling around the ruins he finds the lab and activates her. She's not a bad guy, but she uses logic to think instead of emotion, and the bad guy convinces her that the good guy's family has wronged her and she must join him.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Rokket, are you using Poser or DS. If DS I know that you can create the area as a material and then set it up as an area light. Either using uber or Iray. I would imagine Poser has the ability to do something similar...

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I am using Poser 10. I am not sure that the firefly render engine can do that. I've never really tried anything like that. I think it can be done because I read something about it on the other site. But right now I don't know how.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I've done that! I was working for hours on a render that I knew I'd probably overloaded the scene for. Sure enough, I hit render and Poser goes "wait. What?" and closes on me. I hadn't saved a thing. And recreating it was out of the question. Darn software!

As my son keeps telling me, computers DO hate us and they ARE trying to take over the world. And software is their friend.

Lorraine

She looks very staunch, Rokkit, ready to start a war all on her own. She would probably like a weapon to assist in that endeavour.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I made one! I am doing a render as I type. She has a gun belt and a Glock19 on her hip. I will post it soonest. Well, maybe in a couple hours when the render is finished.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Rokket, are you using Poser or DS. If DS I know that you can create the area as a material and then set it up as an area light. Either using uber or Iray. I would imagine Poser has the ability to do something similar...
It just dawned ( no pun intended) how to do that. In Poser, you have IBL, or image based lighting. Boy I can be thick sometimes...

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Yeah, the only problem with using IBL in Poser now is that they have better lighting options and that one is too strong for most uses. It has to be tweaked quite a bit. I am not sure about the new Poser, 11, and how lighting works in that one. It's got a new render engine that most are having problems using. I was going to wait until at least the first SR to purchase it.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
In about 90% of my renders, I am using BB's envirosphere, so IDL or indirect lighting works better for what I am trying to do. I take out the envirosphere and turn of IDL if I want to render a scene in the dark.

Lorraine

I think he as been watching too many Terminator movies! ;)

He's a computer nerd in IT and he swears that computers do things that cannot be explained ergo they are sentient. And all the grief they give us just proves they hate us. He is funny ;)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Kids! I just got off Skype with my daughter. We were laughing the whole time. She is 14 going on 30 that one. She asked me if I had a bucket list. I said no. She then told me that skydiving and bunji jumping are on hers. Go figure.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
cyborg gun.png

Okay. Enough stalling. I have everything I need for her character now. I will be in and out as my mind sizzles over this script.

It's nice to have a warm place to reside.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
My cyborg needs a name. She needs both a human name and a cyborg one. I will be thinking about it, but if you have one just sitting on a shelf looking for a home....

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I've done that, but learned my lesson back in the day when I was playing in Poser 5. Now I save constantly when setting up a scene, even one with only a few things in it, because . . . You. Never. Know!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I'm bad when it comes to naming characters, so I'll leave that to the others who are good at it.