• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I am SO glad you're back!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
He's a computer nerd in IT and he swears that computers do things that cannot be explained ergo they are sentient. And all the grief they give us just proves they hate us. He is funny ;)
lol...I like it!

Kids! I just got off Skype with my daughter. We were laughing the whole time. She is 14 going on 30 that one. She asked me if I had a bucket list. I said no. She then told me that skydiving and bunji jumping are on hers. Go figure.
Two things that will never be on mine...not that I have one!

Hornet3d

Wise
My niece has already crossed both of those off her list. For me I have other aims like trying to stay above ground for as long as I can so no such items would appear on my list if I was to create one.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Me either. I think if I had a bucket list, traveling Down Under and to the Orient would be the only things on it. I did a lot of traveling in my 20s and 30s, but trips to both those places back then were sooooo expensive.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
If I had one going to the states would be on mine. I want to visit a ren faire I've read so much about them in books I liked to experience it. Maybe Scotland and Ireland as well...

Miss B

CV-BEE
We don't have those here in the City, but they might upstate. I can imagine that would be fun.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...I think it would. I remember reading about them first in Tom Deitz's books and also Mercedes Lackey in her books about elves in America.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
No, but I've loaded a figure, posed, lit and positioned it perfectly amongst the perfectly placed props, gone to render it, 'Daz Studio has encountered a fatal error and will close', NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!, I didn't save it before rendering! I then want to drive a stake through DS's dark heart and BURN IT!

Oh, man, I've done that SO many times over the years! Nowadays I don't take any chances - I save every couple of minutes, and I save again one more time BEFORE hitting the "render and hope it works!" button, just in case that happens. LOL

Thanks!

Have you ever loaded a figure, gotten the lighting just right, loaded the perfect props and background, tweaked the materials to perfection, spend 3 hours rendering it only to find out you effed the pose up?

I just did that. Rendering again.....

*groans* Yup, I've done that lots and lots of times.... LMAO

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
My niece has already crossed both of those off her list. For me I have other aims like trying to stay above ground for as long as I can so no such items would appear on my list if I was to create one.

LOL. Yep.

Names - Bora (Baura?) the Cyborg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Bora the Cyborg. I think I like that. ;) Baura may get mixed up with Wolffie's Bruna, when he finishes her and gets her in the store.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Me either. I think if I had a bucket list, traveling Down Under and to the Orient would be the only things on it. I did a lot of traveling in my 20s and 30s, but trips to both those places back then were sooooo expensive.
I've already been to much of the Orient: China, Hong Kong, Taipei, Japan, and I am in Korea now. I've been to Darwin, Sydney, Perth, Freemantle, and Brisbane Australia. Travel is definitely off any bucket list I may ever make.

Learning Blender would be though....

Miss B

CV-BEE
It's an old joke Rokket. There's a say that a person will get "around to it" when they're not ready to do something right away, and a graphic version of it is a "round" tuit, or a graphic that pretty much has the words going around in a circle.

If I can find the old one I had, I'll post it, but I have no idea which external or CD/DVD it's on these days.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, just did a quick Google Image search --> a round tuit

This has more information about it I didn't know. I always thought it was referenced by that saying, but maybe someone just thought it funny to have a graphic that was "round" and that had a word that sounds like "to it" printed on it. ~shrugs~

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Ah, see I was thinking of something entirely different. I moved to the Philippines after I retired from the Navy. The Tagalog word "puwit" means "butt", so.... a guy's mind...:giggle::oops: