• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I am SO glad you're back!

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Yeah, I want to research it and get the facts. I am hoping that I can find the real thing. Some of what you find on wiki pages isn't accurate.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I think Satira was referring to the fact that, tolkien himself said that somewhere. I know I've seen it written previously...just can't remember where.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Hmmm, this is concerning. I had a biography of Tolkien but I can't find it. I do hope it didn't get caught in one of the leaks and thrown out. He was an Oxford professor of Anglo Saxon and a philogist, a very learned gentleman indeed.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, I just tried searching on Amazon and Barnes & Noble, and they have lots of his books, including a biography, but I was looking for an autobiography published in the 1920s by Tolkien himself. Wikipedia listed probably every piece of literature he wrote, including the autobiography, but it's evidently not available.

I did read an article at Biography.com which stated he was a linguist, and he created his characters' languages. He was a genius, no getting around it.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yep. That I am.

Check the Prologue in The Fellowship of the Rings (Concerning Hobbits).

upload_2017-2-18_9-53-0.png

The movies also show scenes of Bilbo, Frodo, and I think even Samwise, with the Red Book.

The Red Book of Westmarch actually exists :wink:

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Dang it! I hate the internet connection on this ship! It's never up!

Anyway, we are in the middle of the big blue pond again, and we will be out here FOREVER, or two weeks... same thing.

I am making a Scarlet Witch outfit from Captain America: Civil War for Dawn and Miki 4. I'll post some pictures if I ever get in port long enough to do it...

Terre

Renowned
An example of what's been happening with the transition at work:
After 6 weeks of hiccups we should be getting a KeHE (formerly Gourmet Awards, it's a specialty foods distributor) order today.
The bit that took the longest to work out was getting the tax stuff sent back and forth due to the sale of the store. Then came problems with getting the new account set up.
The guy who handles that stuff finally showed transportation and so on that all they had to do is mirror the old account to the new. After that got done the next problem kicked in.
A year or so ago we got switched from ordering out of Dallas to Flowermound. For some reason the route still belongs to Dallas so we became a crossdock. Dallas already had an account with that number, and the next number. Apparently they don't have one with the third so the order finally got loaded up and sent out as part of the tail end of a two day trip yesterday.

scatha

Adventurous
Yeah, I want to research it and get the facts. I am hoping that I can find the real thing. Some of what you find on wiki pages isn't accurate.

Then I'd suggest reading the Tolkien letters and History of Middle-Earth (1-16) if you want to research, I've been an Admin on The TolkienForum for several years. ;)