• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Hunter 3D's Upcoming Products (featuring Dawn 2.0)

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Yet another render of some Borsala Cyber Sci-fi mat with Dawn 2.0;

SciFi 03.jpg

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I'm looking at if I should cull some of these mats. Any suggestions of what ones should stay and what ones should go;

SciFiCull 01.jpg
SciFiCull 02.jpg
SciFiCull 03.jpg
SciFiCull 04.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise

Just like Janet I like them all but I also like the idea of a separate texture set so people can have the option. There is not a bad texture there but something to be aware of is in many cases the texture will depend very much on the scene being portrayed. For example I may well use the blue or the grey for work or office type environment but less likely to use the gold textures as I do not see them as being every day. On the other hand the gold would me my choice if portraying an evening out. That is why many of the renders use your Borghild outfit there is almost always always a texture to suit any occasion. Hopefully the spin off for you is that the outfit gets seen more widely resulting in increased sales.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Just like Janet I like them all but I also like the idea of a separate texture set so people can have the option. There is not a bad texture there but something to be aware of is in many cases the texture will depend very much on the scene being portrayed. For example I may well use the blue or the grey for work or office type environment but less likely to use the gold textures as I do not see them as being every day. On the other hand the gold would me my choice if portraying an evening out. That is why many of the renders use your Borghild outfit there is almost always always a texture to suit any occasion. Hopefully the spin off for you is that the outfit gets seen more widely resulting in increased sales.
Thanks. I'll certainly take this into consideration.

Hornet3d

Wise
That's what I'm thinking. Doug, no one will tell you they all have to be in the same product. You can cut them in half, or even thirds, and do Vols. 1, 2 and 3. They don't ALL have to hit the store at the same time. ;)

True and you also have the advantage that you have returning customers.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
For example I may well use the blue or the grey for work or office type environment but less likely to use the gold textures as I do not see them as being every day.
So, I'm going to re-visit the colour schemes.

Actually I had one of those gold outfits originally as blue - what's better?

SciFiCull 07org.jpg

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
So, I'm going to re-visit the colour schemes.

Actually I had one of those gold outfits originally as blue - what's better?

View attachment 70004
They're both nice, but users might have more use for the blue set, than they'd have for the "bright" gold set.

How about changing this yellow/gold for black?

View attachment 70005
For this set I like the Black better, though I'd remove those patches on the back of her thighs and glutes. Instead, you could make the trim around her neck and hands that color to give more contrast to the set. To me, the patches on the back don't add anything to the design. Just my 2 cents, FWIW.

Miss B

CV-BEE
The one on the right, yes. You could use that color on the neck and sleeve trim as I mentioned, but I'll leave that up to you.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Since I'm going to split the Borsala Cyber Sci-fi into two sets, I'm thinking that I could keep some mats that I previously binned;
What about bringing back this one? And if so, then in what colour?

SciFiCull 104.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
That would depend on which color(s) you've already used. I would think having it in a color you haven't used much in the other sets would work well. Folks like variety, and not using the same colors all the time would be useful.

That said, for this set, I think I like the white/grey set on the left, as I haven't seen you use those colors much in the other sets.