• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So I had a few minutes in between things and thought I would pull out our Deer Family again and see where I need to go from here. Def still WIP but now I have a good feeling where it needs to go next at least:) The product includes a buck, doe and fawn- this is the (static object) Buck. I haven't really done anything yet on the tail yet.

MuleDeerBuck1.jpg

MuleDeerBuck2.jpg

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Gosh. What a lovely deer!

I know some people feel HiveWire should only focus on human figures, but we'd be missing out on the best animals ever then!

Besides ... the best things in life are really worth waiting for. Though ... I'd just as soon not kiss a bunch of frogs to find a prince.

Then too ... I'm not so sure a prince is all that worth waiting for :p

jecnodde

Admirable
I love hivewite's animals. They look real, and look RIGHT...which is more then I can say about many animals sold at daz. Small flaws I can fix myself, either by playing with the texture or fix the 3d mesh. But when the flaws are to big, when the base just looks wtong. I dont buy. When I started with Poser back in 2003, Lynes animals was among the best on the market. And even if lynes animals is today old, they still holds up, thanks to that they look right <3 If I get to decide I rather have hivewire doing just animal and nature things :p

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yay! Cougar...I like all of the Hivewire Products and I think it's great to have the diversity...I just wish we had clones like Alisa keeps mentioning, mainly as I'm greedy and I want it all. I'd like the deer but I'd also like to have more stuff for the people also.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I love hivewite's animals. They look real, and look RIGHT...which is more then I can say about many animals sold at daz. Small flaws I can fix myself, either by playing with the texture or fix the 3d mesh. But when the flaws are to big, when the base just looks wtong. I dont buy. When I started with Poser back in 2003, Lynes animals was among the best on the market. And even if lynes animals is today old, they still holds up, thanks to that they look right <3 If I get to decide I rather have hivewire doing just animal and nature things :p
Yeah I still use many of Lynns animals purchased when first released.
The bovine set and domestic and wild pigs among my favorites. I I wanted to get the remapped ones she offered sometime ago but had to much trouble trying to figure out the conversion on my Mac. So I gave up brain too damaged to learn new things or relearn old things. I wish the older textures could be updated so i can use them full frontal sometimes but hey it was a lifetime ago they were created so they be fine!

Lynn if you read this any way I can convince you to release that cute centauress you created then? I collect them along with minotaurs, and satyrs/sphynxs (and most mythological creature) and would really love that figure for my collection. Back then I was under-employed so kept putting it on the back burner as an unnecessary immediate purchase then it disappeared. My loss.

to CWRW I found these images online and wondered if there is any way to give them life with this deer set? Love the albinos (as you all know) and the bucks with the huge rack of horns and the thick ruff of fur on his throat looks awesome and quite tough for a male.

albino buck-1979229-A.jpg

albino-68ad22312.jpg

albino-p943041210-3.jpg

old deer buck-5609.jpg

red-deer-buck-cervus-elaphus-in-the-fall-time-with-big-beautiful-antlers-C40NH0.jpg

red-deer-cervus-elaphus-stag-with-huge-antlers-in-grassland-at-forests-EW7YFK.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
So I had a few minutes in between things and thought I would pull out our Deer Family again and see where I need to go from here. Def still WIP but now I have a good feeling where it needs to go next at least:) The product includes a buck, doe and fawn- this is the (static object) Buck. I haven't really done anything yet on the tail yet.

View attachment 22535

View attachment 22536

Holy Crap!!! Don't know how I missed this thread as of late. Loving your map work Laurie. Soooo impressive. Yes. If you're onto this before long, we can redirect Paul's efforts to make sure we get this animal back onto the front burner.

Laurie, your map work is just so darn good. Yes, more of that please!!!