• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Lynn if you read this any way I can convince you to release that cute centauress you created then? I collect them along with minotaurs, and satyrs/sphynxs (and most mythological creature) and would really love that figure for my collection. Back then I was under-employed so kept putting it on the back burner as an unnecessary immediate purchase then it disappeared. My loss.

sorry, even though I bought ALL rights to the models Debra made and sold in my store, I never posted that one as a freebie... and right now, it's not on 'my list' what with my plumbing disaster (water pipe in living room wall burst, kitchen cabinets/closet/living room walls/rug all have to be replaced)... I just can't think about it. Will at least put it in the back of my mind and see if it sticks... best I can do... sorry!

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
My evil mad genius has been hard at work lately to see if I can make a centaur body morph for Harry that would work with various figures, with the transition from horse to human masked by a LAMH hair preset. So far, it has been working loads better than expected, but it's still too early to post images. By morphing Harry's neck so that it fits just inside the human torso, when the LAMH preset is applied, it appears that the horse hair (conveniently colored the same as the rest of the horse body) is growning naturally out of the human torso. The end result is a postwork-free centaur.:geek:

Of course, not that anyone would be remotely interested...:devil"

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
My evil mad genius has been hard at work lately to see if I can make a centaur body morph for Harry that would work with various figures, with the transition from horse to human masked by a LAMH hair preset. So far, it has been working loads better than expected, but it's still too early to post images. By morphing Harry's neck so that it fits just inside the human torso, when the LAMH preset is applied, it appears that the horse hair (conveniently colored the same as the rest of the horse body) is growning naturally out of the human torso. The end result is a postwork-free centaur.:geek:

No, never!:whistling::x3: That could work really well, I use poser but would be very interested in this to see if I could find a way to recreate it

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Poser would probably be even easier. Position the character, use Poser's morphing tool to sculpt the neck area that would get in the way, hide all the upper neck/head parts, and then add Poser dynamic hair. I actually sculpted my test morph in Poser and then re-imported to Studio as a static object, since I still have to work on making working morphs.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
yeah its the poser hair that would be the pita I think. If and when I have the time I will have a play and see what I can come up with

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
sorry, even though I bought ALL rights to the models Debra made and sold in my store, I never posted that one as a freebie... and right now, it's not on 'my list' what with my plumbing disaster (water pipe in living room wall burst, kitchen cabinets/closet/living room walls/rug all have to be replaced)... I just can't think about it. Will at least put it in the back of my mind and see if it sticks... best I can do... sorry!
Oh goodness I feel for you. Living in a condo you have no ideas of the nightmares I have worrying about water leaks and fires.
Sometimes it doesn't even need to be something I would do to cause it but one of the other residents....as has been the case three times already with water leaks. My apartment has gotten flooded 3 or 4 times and the stress it causes me is awful.
Living alona with a bad back is bad enough but having to clean the terrible mess water makes in a home is a nightmare that has repeated itself too many times. A few years ago my whole life was turned upside down for 6 months as crews came through my unit replacing potable water pipes and sprinkler system pipes. I felt invaded and desperate for them all to finally leave.
So, I do assure you I know what for you speak. when you learn that mold starts to grow within 48 hours the unit gets soaked stress grows twofold. Get ServPro to come in an clean up the mess if the insurance pays for it. They really break the apartment bad trying to find water damage but it is the best way in the long run to make sure there is no water left behind before the contractors come in to rebuild.
Good luck dear and hope it all goes quickly and smoothly for you.
There was obviously no rush for the centauress. If you can when you can, I collect them and keep remembering the one you had in the store what seems a lifetime ago.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary

Sounds cool. I have some centaur models I try a trick with. In that area between horse and human I find a good hair product and get my hairy abdomen that way. In a desperate pinch I go to extremes to get what I need. You know of course that Sparky has a set of centaurs at her store that conform with M4, V4 and K4 quite nicely. And of course there is also that rig set up by......damn!....I forgot his name.....go figure!....who offered it free at daz when the MilHorse first released. It is up at sharecg I believe.
Also, there is Cindy an integral character by Ali who is really sweet centauress I work with a lot and worth getting if you like centaurs.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Working on some Native American Tack for Laurie today. Will work up reins and mouth portion another day.

Tack16.JPG
Tack17.JPG
Tack19.JPG

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
well not to concerned about the length and thickness of tassels as long as there are some posing options to them and perhaps also the corners of the blanket for when the horse is turning or bucking or jumping to add a bit more dynamics to the action.
Is there going to be some sort of girth strap Chris?
Some native saddles/blankets had them.
Found some nice examples of blanket/saddle rigs and the long sought after reins/halt sets.
hope it is of some help.

sioux beded hide blanket_saddle.jpg

simple plains tac.jpg

simple layered hide saddle & reins.jpg

rope reins view.png

rope halt_reins.jpg

padded hide saddle rig.jpg

indian travoi & hitch.jpg

decorative plain tac.jpg

I included the image of the travoi to show how it was attached to the horse. The saddle/blanket designs for this was also used for riding purposes in fact often when on the move a rider either a woman or child would ride the saddle as the horse pulled the travoi. It was nice and simple and padded for the comfort of animal and rider when used alone.

Also love the feather roach on the head of the horse in image 5 from top. The natives used these decoratives on both horses and for human decorations.

Last edited:

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
not sure what Chris plans for the tassels, but I'm sure with trans maps the length can be made irregular.
Yeah but though not a modeler myself I would think that is possible only if some design in the mesh allows that! To my limited thinking wouldn't the mesh need to be made longer in order to implement the transmapping to imply length and strand irregularity? Also it would be nicer if the fringes of the tassel strands were more modulated in the mesh....wouldn't it?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
LOL I didn't realize that Chris had already "let the cat out of the bag" :) This is a project I started WAY back in like 2009 for the Mil Horse and tried to model myself/learn Hexagon and rigging in the process. I call it "War Pony Gear". Needless to say, I failed:) I then turned to some folks I knew at Rendo at that time to help me out. We had a decent start but ran into more issues than we could handle. So it's sat on the back burner until I approached Chris and Paul about doing it with me about a month ago.

In tandem I also had started a coat set for the MH called "Warpaint" back then. By the time I was starting to get anywhere with it the DH2 came out and I started to convert it for the DH2. Then of course not long after that I moved to HW and Chris and I started Harry and I dropped my support of the DH2. Needless to say most of you know how crazy my life has been since I hooked up with HW so again this all got put on the back burner yet again.:)

SO long story short, Chris and Paul agreed to help me finally bring this product to fruition:)

I have a lot of ideas that will use MAT zones and transparencies, to make a lot of looks possible for this with the minimum work needed from Chris and Paul as I don't want them tied up more than necessary/that is part of the deal of them doing this with and for me. (THANK YOU Chris and Paul!!!!)

So these older WIP renders will give you some ideas of where this is headed. Yes we def like suggestions but we are pretty clear going forward on what the actual modeling will be, to minimize rigging/Chris and Paul's time on this.

Original War Pony Gear WIP on Mil Horse from 2009: (minus the Medicine Bag). Also the rope bridle will be thicker than this

WarpaintWIP.jpg

I used a lot of it anyway in my well known piece "Spirit Warrior" from 2011 (as well as other of my artworks):
SpiritWarrior.jpg

Same of my older smart props being used on Harry with my "Medicine Hat" and VERY rough Warpaint Med Hat coat. (not all are textured and a lot of the textures will be different/changed)

WPG324a.jpg

WPG217f.jpg

A lot of the feathers will be props as well, so can be used in loads of different ways etc. Planning on having legbands for all legs so one can pick and choose and so on. These are VERY early WIP renders- a lot will change. But figured I would "come clean" on what we are up to with this:)

Laurie