• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Common Zaarin =) you cannot go wrong with a little unicorn magic ! =) and he is such a cute little guy! LOL =)

You could have him skipping across some Lily pads or being a companion of fairies. You can also use his textures on the unicorn!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I adore Whisper… But I do notice the same thing that happened with the precious Shetland model-and that is the dials (poser 2014) are so tight they are useless, and I have to resort to entering numbers to get the body parts to move. If I try to just move the dial either nothing happens or a few seconds later the number is so high that the body part is bent drastically. Because I'm not used to using numbers it's a little frustrating. I wonder if other people have noticed this? It's as though the model is so condensed in reducing its size that the model itself is "heavier"… i.e. it takes longer to load into the scene, and the dials are so sluggish.

Don't get me wrong I'll learn a new way to use these models but I did want to ask if it'd been something others notice besides me and my friend.

Even with a bad hand and finger joints that are driving me crazy, I have an idea and have started setting it up for an art piece using whisper and Satira's new offering ! :)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Oh that sounds like a great combo Lyne! I look forward to see what you come up with! I'm working on an Iray combo of unicorn + draft horse + a little Quater horse thrown in. I'm liking the look, but he's a bit more hefty than your typical unicorn. I need to try the gold out on the Akhel Teke morph too.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I adore Whisper… But I do notice the same thing that happened with the precious Shetland model-and that is the dials (poser 2014) are so tight they are useless, and I have to resort to entering numbers to get the body parts to move. If I try to just move the dial either nothing happens or a few seconds later the number is so high that the body part is bent drastically. Because I'm not used to using numbers it's a little frustrating. I wonder if other people have noticed this? It's as though the model is so condensed in reducing its size that the model itself is "heavier"… i.e. it takes longer to load into the scene, and the dials are so sluggish.

Don't get me wrong I'll learn a new way to use these models but I did want to ask if it'd been something others notice besides me and my friend.

Even with a bad hand and finger joints that are driving me crazy, I have an idea and have started setting it up for an art piece using whisper and Satira's new offering ! :)

Hey Lyne

There are a lot of bones in Whisper (and the Unicorn) and yeah some older versions of Poser the dials get sluggish/"jump" too much. One thing I found that helps a lot is to hide all the hair etc while posing the body and so on. Def one thing I am liking about P11- have not had that issue at all.

Laurie

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Hey Lyne

There are a lot of bones in Whisper (and the Unicorn) and yeah some older versions of Poser the dials get sluggish/"jump" too much. One thing I found that helps a lot is to hide all the hair etc while posing the body and so on. Def one thing I am liking about P11- have not had that issue at all.

Laurie

older versions? poser Pro 2014 is not that old … and poser 11 is such a new animal, I, I don't like. I will never be getting it …I'm not sure what hiding the hair parts will do but I'll give it a try I do see that there is a heck of a lot more hair parts within the fetlocks... bu Bthanks I appreciate your suggestions and now I'm getting really tired of speaking to Dragon so I better go

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
older versions? poser Pro 2014 is not that old … In poser 11 is such a new animal I will never be getting it …I'm not sure what hiding the hair parts will do but I'll give it a try I do see that there is a heck of a lot more hair parts within the fetlocks

Also can depend on your computer's video card/VRAM and RAM. See if it helps or not. I did find it to help when I use P10 on my slow laptop.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Hivewire Unicorn
Draft horse 35%
Quarter Horse 15%
Whisper's Gold texture
Background painted in Photoshop
Birds are Songbird Remix crested eagles
Ron Deviney's waves
Flare and Haze overlays for Photoshop
Sidherose Graphics Fractals

Really love this texture!!

Iray

Sunrunner's Gold
Sunrunners Gold.jpg

Last edited:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
ahem...

from the ReadMe file (you are all reading HiveWire ReadMe files, right? ;)):

POSER USERS:

1. Poser 9, PP2012, Poser 10, PP2014 users: Due to the resources required for Whisper, and memory management in these versions of Poser, you may experience slow response times when using Whisper.

Suggestion:
a. Bring in Whisper WITHOUT the mane, create your scene and pose, save the scene.
b. Add the mane to Whisper and pose the mane, save the scene.

If you load Whisper, experiment a bit, and decide to create a new scene to load Whisper in, you may find it helpful to restart Poser before creating the new scene.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
That problem with stiff dials is something that I've been having in Studio 4.8 as well. But this machine is probably the worst computer I've ever owned, so I have no idea whether this is something in the program (it's almost certainly not in the models) or in the computer itself.