• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Mule Deer

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Is the team going to make a white deer texture for the mule deer?
This is done with Whisper's silver coat texture and frosted glass Iray shaders on the antlers.
White Stag SML.jpg

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
You mean like this?
Or do you mean the rigging adjustment that will still need to be done by Paul?
Is this a completely new tack/saddle/blanket made specifically for the deer itself, or is going to be the original tack with a morph to make it fit the deer? In that case, you'd have to own the original base tack, correct? Also, will it have morphs to fit the different (free) or otherwise, presets? If this is an independent new tack for the deer, it would have plenty of built in morphs for the reins (and other parts) to move for the presets, included poses, and any 3rd party addon poses.
I'd hate to think this was going to be done with magnets and deformers like the conversion from Mil Horse to Harry. Blech....
Sorry, I'm the nosy neighbor!!

dkgoose

Was excited to see this addon released. :) can’t wait for the Fawn and the Doe to be released as well, maybe we can get a Rudolph addon for the Fawn for the holiday :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I'm still waiting for the red deer. But I can wait until there is fur for it as well. That one looks like it needs fur even more than the others.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I saw it in the store, but I'm going to have to wait 'til next week before I can grab it.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
While I'm waiting on some things to happen on Dawn 2.0, I've been jumping to our Reindeer/Caribou morph. Been updating it and refining some head, teeth, and neck shaping.

I plan to get this off to Laurie before long. Will move to getting to Reindeer and Caribou antlers UVed next.

We'd love to see this product hit the store before the end of Fall so it can be used for Winter and Christmas imagery.

Reindeer23.JPG

Reindeer24.JPG

Reindeer25.JPG

Reindeer26.JPG

Reindeer27.JPG

Reindeer28.JPG

Attachments

• Reindeer29.JPG
    Reindeer29.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 193

L'Adair

Enthusiast
A new reindeer in time for holiday imagery! Hooray! (Fingers crossed.)

(And just curious, is there any estimate for the the release of the doe and fawn?)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
A new reindeer in time for holiday imagery! Hooray! (Fingers crossed.)

(And just curious, is there any estimate for the the release of the doe and fawn?)

Good question. No estimate yet for release. We do need to work them in our release pipeline though. We have several things still to come out for our Mule Deer Buck add on products. Some of those being Doe, Fawn, Fantasy Antlers, Tack.