• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Mule Deer

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Oh, that is fun. I've been trying to build a unicorn variant by mixing the mule deer in with the horse. On the whole it worked reasonably well, but as soon as I dialed in the deer, the mane, unicorn horn, and tail became unusable.

I could bring in an unconformed horn and parent that, and fake a tail from the horse's actual tail base, but no idea of how to make the mane behave. It would be nice if the caribou beard could be used with other morphs. But I've no idea how much work it would take to make that possible. Probably more than there is time for, if the mane is any indication.

I ended up sticking a couple of iterations of the lion's mane on it. I like the look, but that definitely won't conform either. 2 Neck bones is not 6.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Here are the last 2 morphs for the Reindeer neck beard. SideOutR and SideOutL.

I've passed these onto others now. I will create a few asymmetry morphs for the Reindeer and Caribou antlers and be done for the most part.

Reindeer40.JPG

Reindeer41.JPG

Reindeer42.JPG

Reindeer43.JPG

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Oh, that is fun. I've been trying to build a unicorn variant by mixing the mule deer in with the horse. On the whole it worked reasonably well, but as soon as I dialed in the deer, the mane, unicorn horn, and tail became unusable.

I could bring in an unconformed horn and parent that, and fake a tail from the horse's actual tail base, but no idea of how to make the mane behave. It would be nice if the caribou beard could be used with other morphs. But I've no idea how much work it would take to make that possible. Probably more than there is time for, if the mane is any indication.

I ended up sticking a couple of iterations of the lion's mane on it. I like the look, but that definitely won't conform either. 2 Neck bones is not 6.
Any way for someone to make the beard and other attachments as parented props with some minimum morphs t use on other animal of like build?
I would love the same thing.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Here are the last 2 morphs for the Reindeer neck beard. SideOutR and SideOutL.

I've passed these onto others now. I will create a few asymmetry morphs for the Reindeer and Caribou antlers and be done for the most part.

View attachment 52091

View attachment 52092

View attachment 52093

View attachment 52094
Loks beautiful and the left and right movements are cool. Not criticizing here Chris but does the beard normally end just below the lower jaw?
How about small feathers on the hooves?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Loks beautiful and the left and right movements are cool. Not criticizing here Chris but does the beard normally end just below the lower jaw?
How about small feathers on the hooves?

I'm comfortable leaving any more fur to an additional LAMH supporting product for DS users anyway.

I feel good about what we've done here.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOOT!!! Those are looking FANTASTIC!!! At first I thought you made a mistake stating the second set of renders were with LAMH, because the first set look wonderful, and not what I would expect from Poser. You've blown my mind Laurie, absolutely blown my mind. :D

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Laurie,

Your art skills, texture map work and LAMH work is just so very impressive. How much more delicious can this look?

This simply can not be done any better. Wow, Wow!!!

We are all so fortunate to have your involvement with our HiveWire animals to this degree.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Though they all look beautiful i personally like the first two...look knappier and rougher.....similar to what a real fur/hide would like like in the wild.
Also, no need to go the long hard rout to render stuff. LOL
Now wht we need is a fantas tack for the deer and this beauty for those Dark Hunt fantasy renders.......ANYONE!?

Jan

Adventurous
Will the Reindeer be stand-alone or need a basic Deer to start with. He looks wonderful with Laurie's texture and the morphing by Chris. A certain hit for Xmas.