• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Mule Deer

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hopefully Chris or Laurie chimes in but I know you would need at least the HW Horse since the Mule Deer uses that as the base.

L'Adair

Enthusiast
I need to do my annual holiday cards, and I'm thinking of using Heart of Winter as a starting point. (The card images use 1/4 of an 8.5" x 11" sheet of card stock, so the image needs to be much less wide.) Anyway, I think it would be amazing with the new reindeer. Very Holiday-ish. The cards need to be printed by the end of November…

Any possibility he'll be released in time for me to plug him into the scene before I start printing?
:love:

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
I'm guessing all of Santa's reindeer are still going to be on holiday this Christmas :( Ahh well..here's hoping for 2020... :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Welp! The Reindeer are here in time for St Patrick's day. Better late than never.

Now I'm wondering whether there is a harness which will work with them. I know the Gypsy cart harness is a very good one. But iirc it has a collar, and I'm not sure whether a collar would look like it fit over the antlers.

Ah. Just checked. No collar. Good enough for kit bashing.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Welp! The Reindeer are here in time for St Patrick's day. Better late than never.

Now I'm wondering whether there is a harness which will work with them. I know the Gypsy cart harness is a very good one. But iirc it has a collar, and I'm not sure whether a collar would look like it fit over the antlers.

Ah. Just checked. No collar. Good enough for kit bashing.

Yeah, it's late alright, but it's out and looking awesome!!!

Either that or it's super early for next winter and Christmas season.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I'm going with super early, so that people have time for lots of renders and even some special additives, like bell harnesses, ornaments for the horns, White skins...etc!

I am working on a free update to my Silver Stag to work with the Caribou- wil be adding the revised coats and the matching antlers for him. Hoping to get to that next week! I have them well started but we ended up changing a bunch of files for the Caribou so I needed to download the actual Caribou product now it's out so I can make the right MATs for the Silver Stag and have them in the right places/paths etc:)

eclark1894

Visionary
I tried to look up the answer, but it didn't say, but do the female deer have antlers or is that a male only trait? I've seen deer here in Raleigh, but none with antlers.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Depends on the species. However, most female deer of most species do NOT have antlers. And in some species, the male shed their antlers for part of the year.