• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire House Cat Begins

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
This one is a lot like my Siamese- mine was even bulkier but the seal point coloring is real similar to his. He was a seriously cool cat:)

seal.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I prefer the bulkier Siamese (mine was the more lankier Oriental type)

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
This one is a lot like my Siamese- mine was even bulkier but the seal point coloring is real similar to his. He was a seriously cool cat:)

View attachment 15355

When I was young my family went on vacation from NJ to Ohio for an entire month three years in a row. My parents were friends with people who had moved from NJ to Ohio to start a dairy farm. It was a really cool experience complete with bare feet through knee high cow poop, birthing and feeding calves, getting up at 4:30 am to go out to the fields and run the cows in, fresh milk, homemade Bologna and so much more! I think I was 11 years old the last time we went. We brought home a living souvenir in the form of a Siamese kitten that looked very much like the one in your picture, Laurie. He was with us for a long time.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
oh thank heavens...I mean Laurie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, working on a white kitty too- will be in one add-on mini texture set of black, white and those wonderful black & white "tuxedo" kitties!:) (I had one of those when I was a kid, as well as my very "old school" Siamese - much larger, more solid built than they are now)

I was just thinking no one has every done those...and I ADORE them....I had a tuxedo kitty named Herkimer.... pronounced: Her-ca-mer.... I'm not sure if my Dad or brother named him... and when I saw PixelWrangler's kitty here...I was wishing...and so YAY YAY YIPPEEEEEEEEE!!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I wonder if they named him after Herkimer Diamonds (Herkimer diamonds are not actually diamonds, but are double-terminated quartz crystals of exceptional clarity discovered within exposed outcrops of dolostone in and around Herkimer County, New York and the Mohawk River Valley and one of may fave stones)

Banditcameraman

Enthusiast
Wow! I can't believe I haven't gotten alerts from this thread!:(

Actually I used to get a lot of alerts but now for some reason it's on and off o_O

I don't think that's the kind of sphinx Banditcameraman was asking about Pen :)
its this bit "wrinkles, pot belly, skinny limbs and neck and huge ears" that makes me think he means this...

Yes, that's the one; was wrong about the neck though: seems Sphynx's have muscular necks :x3:

And was going also going to ask for long hairs, but Tiny already referenced them :)

Just a note about why I'm not posting pics of furred cats, big or small. I'm super busy with my "normal work" and don't have energy to take on extra projects right now. Sorry about that guys. :(
BUT! I do have soooo many ideas and breeds I want to do both cats and dogs so it's definitely on the "to-do desk".
For example these. Wouldn't these be gorgeous?

View attachment 14858 View attachment 14859 View attachment 14860

Not sure what breeds they are especially the one with a full ruff but Maine Coons, Siberian Longhairs and Norwegian Forest Cats are all loveleh kittehs :inlove:

The base for the model seems to be very versatile considering the morph mixes displayed in all the WIP-threads, so probably, maybe there's a chance for characters like a Sphynx (or a gryphon *hinthintnudgenudge* - did I mention that I love gryphons? No? Gryphons are awesome. By the way, I love gryp...okay, I'll stop now~). But the crew's elbow deep in work right now and all that may be a little too much requesting. Currently really just appreciating what's in the works, what's coming and how amazing it will be to play around with it :)

In another thread I saw the Sphinx Chris did; great work :notworthy: Although it's the kind of thing that would have given me nightmares as a child :roflmao:;)

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I agree with Pixelwrangler on the paws, the toes/claws/whatever they are called are close together,
Pics of cats past and present, you can see the paws, you can't see the knuckles

:p
upload_2016-9-7_16-16-9.png
upload_2016-9-7_16-19-38.png

upload_2016-9-7_16-14-35.png

Wiggy, not with us anymore :( aged 4 weeks here. He was a white mainecoon
upload_2016-9-7_16-16-37.png
upload_2016-9-7_16-23-0.png

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I wonder if they named him after Herkimer Diamonds (Herkimer diamonds are not actually diamonds, but are double-terminated quartz crystals of exceptional clarity discovered within exposed outcrops of dolostone in and around Herkimer County, New York and the Mohawk River Valley and one of may fave stones)

No actually it was the general... my family wouldn't have known about the "diamonds"... ;) actually I didn't know myself till I asked google how to spell Herkimer! :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm glad you did my suggestion of the Folded Down ears morph, now I can have a Scottish Fold in my runtime since hubby won't let me have one in real life :p

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'll be curious to see how Tsuki responds, when she sees her on your monitor. ;)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
This should be fun. Very extreme so it's going to take me a bit to get this one done. But it's getting close. Still have to morph whiskers, teeth, gums, tongue to match the "Smooshie Mc Smoosh Face".

HouseCatWork47.JPG
HouseCatWork48.JPG

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
What a cute smooshie face!

Tsuki is now 11 months old. She's gone from a little fluff ball to long and lean, then filled out so she seemed rather stocky, leading me to wonder if she was going to be a big kitty. But, no. She's lost that stockiness and isn't really all that big. Though stretched out, she's a veerrrryyyyy long kitty! Longer than I remember either Sushi or Taeyn as being. But she's also smaller than Taeyn. Who was quite a big cat for a female. Overall, Tsuki also seems a bit on the delicate side to me, with a rather triangular shaped face from the front.

It's so very interesting how kittens change over the months.

She does love her felt cave. Though quite frequently, she sends it rolling off the desk ... with her inside. She's absolutely determined to rip her way through the bottom. Which results in the whole thing flipping over and then rolling and bouncing off the desk onto the floor. Sometimes, I can catch it before it hits the floor. Other times, I just pick it up off the floor with her still inside and put it back on the desk. Doesn't seem to bother her in the least! But, it is rather padded.
upload_2016-9-7_19-12-46.png

She's pretending not to be aware I'm snapping photos of her. She finally got bored and slipped inside the cave.

She seems to be a cap and saddle pattern, though the "saddle" is more like islands over her back. One of which looks like Mickey Mouse's head and ears!