• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire House Cat Begins

Folks, I LOVE the HW cat and can't wait to get him/her into my Poser runtime soon! However, I want to point something out and that is, the HW cat in its current iteration needs to have its paws tweaked for better realism. If you look at this photo of my cat Macy that I've uploaded, you'll notice that her paws are rounded all the way around with the toes close together, not spread out (unless the cat is kneading its paws or extending its claws in defense, etc.), not squared off in front like the HW cat's paws are. I think if you tweak the paws a bit, the HW cat will have achieved that level of realism that we all want :)

DSCN6236.JPG

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hi PixelWrangler, I'm sure the renders of the HW House Cat are the un-rigged version with the toes spread like it was for the HW Leopard (someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

(makes it easier for Laurie to texture as well :p)

Last edited:

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yes @Rae134 and @PixelWrangler- what I posted are totally unrigged static OBJs Chris sent me so I have SOMETHING to texture:) The cat is being rigged as we speak but I don't have any even rough rigged beta yet. The "zero" pose of the OBJ needs the toes spread out like that for rigging and also makes it so I can try to do seams there which I couldn't do if the toes are in a more normal pose. Also he sent me the yawn morph obj so I can work on the textures for the mouth areas as well.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
:rofl:

If I did then I would need to have goofy face of Pen's last post, it would look cute with wiggly ears :D

(I did just do this because @Michael Crisafulli had a question about the ears :p)
Same with my first post and then I thought I'd play. It does look a bit goofy as I didn't have a look in mind was just playing with the morphs.

Hi PixelWrangler, I'm sure the renders of the HW House Cat are the un-rigged version with the toes spread like it was for the HW Leopard (someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

(makes it easier for Laurie to texture as well :p)
Chris mentioned with the Big cat it was to make rigging easier for Paul but it makes sense that it would help with texturing also...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
haha Miss B, Pen would have to be willing to share her pose, I'm sure I couldn't get it that cute :D

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Just wanted to post this...I haven't had time to really play with the Big Cat properly and check out all the morphs. It really is worthwhile to do so. Chris and Paul have done a fantastic job with this beastie even including left and right morphs for many of the morphs which will allow you to create a bit of assymetry in the head(haven't done this with body morphs yet) but compared to previous cats the number of morphs is just awesome!
This render was stopped at about 50% but has over 10 of the head morphs dialed. It's really easy to get individual looks for our kitty which is great if you can do include more than one cat in a render. Many of the morphs are subtle but give a unique look. I almost did a snagglepuss head and will have to play with that one myself down the track...we really need a toon morph/breed!
View attachment 15237

Very fun Pen! Great job! Yes our kitties (as does Harry) have way more facial and expression morphs than amything ever done. Also yes I always want the asymnetry because as in people that is what makes them look and be full of life and unique souls.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Pose for anyone who wants it...includes a shaping preset and a pose as some of the dials I spun were expressions. I had to dial out the base pose that I had with it. So it should just affect the head.

Attachments

• Goofydialspinshapingpreset.duf.zip
    32.8 KB · Views: 245
Okay...had a look and there are a couple of morphs that may get you close to what you are after. First I should mention the ears are actually rigged so you can select the ears and do some of this use the rotate tools in the parameters tab. When I investigated this with the morphs dialed in it looks like they use these settings but may also include some custom morphing I would have to check further to find this out.
Thanks to Pendraia and Rae134 for checking this. I've used the Mil Cat for many years. This looks like a versatile must-have replacement.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...very versatile Michael. I'd watched the progress as it was being modelled but was still surprised at how many individual morphs there were and it's great that they included left and right versions of them.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yay Laurie!
My part-Siamese was all white (looked and acted like he was a purebred tho), how can you not love those pretty blue eyes. :)
I've never had a tuxedo kitty but I do love them. The closest was my part-British Blue except his face was half covered with white so my dad nicknamed him the Phantom of the Opera :p