• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire House Cat Begins

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
So working on a shiny black kitty today....(all different from my black panther- BUT one will be able to use any of the big and little kitty maps/MATs on either since they use the same UV!!:)
Squeeel!!!!!! wowowowowow... WOW!

oh oh oo hooo like the house-kitty THINKS he is a big ol leopard! :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Will there be any cat props like litter box, scratching towers, cat toys, etc? I have not read the whole thread yet though.

Wasn't planning on creating those. Some should be easy enough, but those items would be great from Contributing Artists too.

Sure would be a nice thing to see new trinkets for our Lil' Kitty though. A set of bedazzled collars would be a first I would think.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Wasn't planning on creating those. Some should be easy enough, but those items would be great from Contributing Artists too.

Sure would be a nice thing to see new trinkets for our Lil' Kitty though. A set of bedazzled collars would be a first I would think.
If I can get them done, can I sell those props at hivewire? If they are good enough?

I have a question about the ears. When my cat hears a noise behind her, she rotates her ears to face backward. When she's trying to locate the source of a sound, she rotates her ears independently. When she's eating from her food bowl, which is normally in a corner, her ears are facing backward so she can hear anything approaching. Do the ears on this cat rotate?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Everything Hivewire creates is for both programs. I'm not sure whether Alphina uses Poser or Daz but if she does do it for Poser only maybe she can partner with someone who does DS.

Welcome to the Hive Michael and great question...I know we discussed ears rotating previously but can't remember the answer. I'll check on Kitty as soon as I'm awake enough. Just drinking my first cuppa for the day...

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I second the 'WOW'. That is a very realistic house cat and kitten. With the leopard/panther and the up and coming puma, wolf and dog, and their offspring, I guess we are getting a menagerie of sorts at last. Looking forwards to their release and MORE perhaps!

Oh we have lots and lots more critters coming down the pike:) On my own list that I am working on textures for are the Deer Family, Spanish Bull, Bighorn Sheep, Thistle (a sort of toon fawn), of course more of the big cats, zebra and more.. Whew:) Still converting all my Harry textures to SF and Iray, Harry wings and oh more and more:) I need a clone:)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I have a question about the ears. When my cat hears a noise behind her, she rotates her ears to face backward. When she's trying to locate the source of a sound, she rotates her ears independently. When she's eating from her food bowl, which is normally in a corner, her ears are facing backward so she can hear anything approaching. Do the ears on this cat rotate?

Okay...had a look and there are a couple of morphs that may get you close to what you are after. First I should mention the ears are actually rigged so you can select the ears and do some of this use the rotate tools in the parameters tab. When I investigated this with the morphs dialed in it looks like they use these settings but may also include some custom morphing I would have to check further to find this out.

Here's an image using just the Ears forward backward morph. You could remove limits if you want to try moving them further back but may get some distortion on the ear if you do. I never realised until doing this that kitty had white on his ears...
ears forward back.jpg

ears forward back side.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Just wanted to post this...I haven't had time to really play with the Big Cat properly and check out all the morphs. It really is worthwhile to do so. Chris and Paul have done a fantastic job with this beastie even including left and right morphs for many of the morphs which will allow you to create a bit of assymetry in the head(haven't done this with body morphs yet) but compared to previous cats the number of morphs is just awesome!
This render was stopped at about 50% but has over 10 of the head morphs dialed. It's really easy to get individual looks for our kitty which is great if you can do include more than one cat in a render. Many of the morphs are subtle but give a unique look. I almost did a snagglepuss head and will have to play with that one myself down the track...we really need a toon morph/breed!
render not finished demo of head morphs.jpg

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Thanks everyone!

So these are still WIPs- need to do seams and some more little tweaks but this is what will come with base Lil' Kitty:)

View attachment 15149

Oh quite nice. Love the textures and shapes of these cats. Best out there but then I had no doubt considering the talent hard at work here!
Though the Kitten is great to have and beyond my hopes I still would love to have either an additional one or a morph for the kitten to make it a newer born as I mentioned elsewhere a well s similar poses for the dog/wolf when it comes. Any hopes for that?
Also any hopes of getting a hairless Egyptian I believe they are called? I love that breed!

Zaarin

Brilliant
Oh, speaking of Egyptian, I hope we see an Egyptian mau in the near future!

Not only are they gorgeous (my cat Varda is part mau!), but they're also one of the oldest breeds in existence. And I happen to be working on a project that could use one. :whistling:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ok, I didn't change anything except for the ears.
The right ear (the far one) shows the up-down morph and the left ear (the one closest) shows the forward-back morph.
BC-ears.gif

Animation starts of at 0, then goes fully up/forward then back through 0 to fully down/backward then back to 0.
Pretty sure house kitty will have similar ears to big Kitty