• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire House Cat Begins

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
From my experience Carmen, the Greek sphinx tend to be female and the Egyptian ones Male.
(I'd like a girly one, like this :p)
Oh yes Chris, please do a female face too! That's a great statue! WOW!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
oh heck, that mans head on the cat reminded me of the film, O Lucky Man! where Malcolm McDowell finds that man/sheep in the hospital. Now I'm gonna have nightmares, lol.
Love the smooth face morph, looks even cuter. Will it work in the negatives, as that might work good for a longer face?

Both smoosh faces work in the negative. In addition I've created the foreface length to specifically achieve that.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
"Both smoosh faces work in the negative. In addition I've created the foreface length to specifically achieve that."

That's great, I like negative morphs, you get double the helping :)
I also like the word smoosh, never heard it before so had to look it up.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
"Belly drop, which lowers the whole torso area to replicate loose hanging skin and fur."

Oh my cat has this, I call it flabby belly. She was the runt of the litter, now she's a big fat podge.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
"Both smoosh faces work in the negative. In addition I've created the foreface length to specifically achieve that."

That's great, I like negative morphs, you get double the helping :)
I also like the word smoosh, never heard it before so had to look it up.

I have the first beta rig here and am tweaking textures but LOL I just played with the negative Face Smoosh morphs and they are a hoot!

Laurie

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
haha my old cat had it too Dawn (but he was a solid breed not overweight). Took my mum to Dreamworld and we were watching the tiger display, got home and she said to Zeus "you're not fat Zeus, you need that extra flabby skin to stretch" :) guess she learnt something from the tiger trainer as that's what he said it was for :D

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
"haha my old cat had it too Dawn (but he was a solid breed not overweight). Took my mum to Dreamworld and we were watching the tiger display, got home and she said to Zeus "you're not fat Zeus, you need that extra flabby skin to stretch":) guess she learnt something from the tiger trainer as that's what he said it was for :D"

Yeah, that's what i say about my flab, lol I wouldnt be able to reach up to put the groceries in the cupboard if I didn't have it. :D
Lucy is half Somali and looks like an Abyssinian (the vet thought she was one so she must be close) so is supposed to be quite slender. I think as she was the runt and couldn't get any food when she was first born (my sister bred her mum and she had to hand rear the kitten initially) so she turned into a gannet. I have her sister who is small and slender, I think Lucy must weight half again of her sister!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So remember that the rig and the textures are still WIP (no seams done and we are fixing the pupils) but thought you all might get a kick out of the kind of range one will be able to get with our kitty! These are only 2 of MANY variations:) (and no expressions morphs applied- just various face shapes etc)

ScottishFold1.jpg

GoofyFace2.jpg

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Even as lean and young as Tsuki is ... she also has that flabby belly or rather ... primordial pouch. Pretty funny when she is running down the hallway and it's flopping side to side. In addition to allowing the cat more extension in their stride when running, it also provides additional protection to the abdomen during fights and allowed the cat to gorge themselves with a BIG kill. Not that the cat told us any of this. But you know us humans. Always theorizing about the whys and hows of things.

Years ago, I'd read it was caused by spaying, but while that can result in the cat gaining weight and the primordial pouch being more prominent ... it's more likely to do with the cat's ancestry.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Although ... I need the dog for Stephen ... so maybe I should put him on the shelf until the HiveWire dog comes out :wink:

Or maybe Stephen gardens with a cat instead of a dog!!!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I love those eyes Laurie!

There are some cats with dog like personalities Satira, so Stephen could garden with one :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yay! I wanted a back arch. Cat's skeletons actually have an arch in them...my vet has an image of one on display. My cat very rarely has a totally flat back...I was going to ask about that.

Laurie that second one looks like my Vesper...too cute both images!

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
We have a competent artist willing to create LAMH for this House Cat. So this is great news for the DAZ Studio folks.

Yay!! But wish now I'd bought the full LAMH when it was on sale. Any chance of them doing one for the Big Cat too?
And a winter coat for Harry? I love my horses when they are fluffy!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
So remember that the rig and the textures are still WIP (no seams done and we are fixing the pupils) but thought you all might get a kick out of the kind of range one will be able to get with our kitty! These are only 2 of MANY variations:) (and no expressions morphs applied- just various face shapes etc)

View attachment 15483
View attachment 15486

OMG! OOOOO MMMMM GGGGGGEEEEE!!! WOWOWOWOWOW....*FAINTS* I doubt the kitty would be out before my major oral surgery (shudder) to distract me, but maybe a great reward for AFTER I recover enough to come back to the computer... I'm trying so hard to focus on other things... and this kitty is stunning Laurie!