1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sunday, June 23, 2019, 11pm EST. We were planning to import this forum into the new software tonight, however, it's not going to happen just yet. We hope to be using the new forum software by the end of the week.
    Dismiss Notice

WIP HiveWire Dragon Begins

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, May 21, 2016.

1. Chris

Chris HW3D President Co-Founder

The horns will be a prop option. Thanks for liking his head as it is too.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  2. Chris

A tail morph option. I like this one.

DragonWork32.JPG DragonWork33.JPG

3. Chris

Here's another tail morph. This club tail end is probably more fitting for a look to match the head with it's spiked horns.

DragonWork34.JPG DragonWork35.JPG DragonWork36.JPG

4. Chris

That's it for tonight. Back to Doggy teeth tomorrow, then I'll dance with this again tomorrow night and work on the feet and toes I suspect.

Tempesta3d and Rae134 like this.
  5. Tempesta3d

Tempesta3d Crazy Cat Lady Contributing Artist

How do you do all this? AMAZING!!!

6. Flint_Hawk

Flint_Hawk Ambitious

It makes me wonder too, Tempesta. Chris is amazing!

7. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

I like the no horn version too it's more along the Dragon's of Pern series stylized dragon types.

Although, this was a few years ago for a horned version sort of like the ones in the Dragonlance novels. Khellendros the Blue
    Natural Disaster2.jpg Dragon Head 177.jpg

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    Carey, Pendraia and RAMWolff like this.
  8. Flint_Hawk

Flint_Hawk Ambitious

Nice drawing NA!

NapalmArsenal likes this.
  9. Gadget Girl

Gadget Girl Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Poor Chris. When it came to the other animals at least there were real models to go off of. It's not as if there is a definitive dragon. I mean just look at all the dragons in How to Tame Your Dragon, and these are only some of them. [​IMG]

But then that's why having things like the horns be props/conforming will be good. And looking at those tail morphs, it looks like you're having fun Chris.

10. pommerlis

pommerlis Busy Bee Contributing Artist

Good luck with taming yours Chris.... :D

11. RAMWolff

RAMWolff Wolff Playing with Beez! Contributing Artist

HAHAHAHAHAHA

12. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

Given the length of that tail, one would expect your dragon to be related to a Monitor lizard. Their tails go on *forever*.

13. NapalmArsenal

Having debated the tail length myself on several occasions you just have to find that happy medium. If you make it too short, it looks more dinosaur like than dragon. Also if you take into account that it's also probably not going to be sticking strait out but curved in some fashion like a banner behind the beast or around the beast or above the beast the S shaped curves do tend to make it look shorter than what it actually is.

Todd McFarlane, of Spawn fame , does a great job on his dragon sculptures when tail length comes into play.

[​IMG]

14. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

I like those wings too NP, not too big like some. (and would look awesome on Harry too)

I always thought Toothless (the black dragon) was very cat-like in his behaviour :)

15. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Ohhhh, I'm liking this club tail. ;)

Chris likes this.
  16. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

There's always Shenron from Dragonball Z.
    [​IMG]

RAMWolff, pommerlis and NapalmArsenal like this.
  17. NapalmArsenal

You mean like this? For some strange reason Rae, funny you should mention that, I have always associated dragons with being more like cats than reptiles.
    All Hallows Eve21 copy.jpg

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Rae134 like this.
  18. NapalmArsenal

With the oriental dragons they tend to be all tail =) as per their name Lung but as in the wind. They are the wind Kami's of the sky. I like that idea too.
    First attempt at painting in PS.
    Oriental Dragon 5 copy.jpg

Then there is my little Auri 12 inches full grown gem thief and affection hound and will curl up on your feet during cold winter nights near the camp fire.
    Gos.jpg

19. PhotoGG

PhotoGG Member Contributing Artist

Ok, women... turn into dragons... hmmm... there's a world of trouble for somebody to get into here and I think I'm just going to stand back and see how that all comes out! LOL

Looks like a great start for what has the potential to be a fantastic product. I'm very excited to see how this progresses. I'm also curious with Faery_Light, if major portions of mapping are universal to the various characters, that would be a huge benefit. ... until somebody maps the dragon with dawn and we're back to the whole women to dragons entanglement. ;-)

Dakorillon (IMArts), Lyne and Rae134 like this.
  20. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

You know, not trying to overwhelm Chris or anything, but another thought or option along with the dragon is a Basilisk, like from Harry Potter. Just to give you some more ideas.
    [​IMG]