• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP HiveWire Dragon Begins

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
as long as the base dragon has his "leathery wings", it will be nice to make those invisible to use the feather wings too, especially if the uv's are the same as others... But leathery wings a must, right? ...and it would be great NOT to have the long area from shoulder to wing area like the mil dragon has...those are so cumbrsom... something more compact but still powerful looking?
http://thumb101.shutterstock.com/di...252907/stock-photo-dragon-wings-349252907.jpg

I realize ANY drawings on line will be the "artist's own" so we can't use them... but this is just my preference in wing shapes...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
ps... add on morph/prop packs for body add-on's of spines/horns, etc. would be fine with me... :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Nice wings Lyne and I agree that huge wings can be a pain but I'd like them slightly longer than that image :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
It looks great. The main problem is that dragons have talons that function more as hands than as paws. At least on their front feet. That would require something more than just a morph, wouldn't it?

Arki's Ocean Queen's wing membranes are also Poser dynamic. Don't know how they'd function with that script to run Poser dynamics in Studio. Probably can't check because the rigging would be incompatible.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yeah, but I'll just do what I can and see what the mesh will give me for this one. Perhaps there are some dragons in a far off land that might have something similar to what we come up with.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Great ideas. So the wings will be an add on then? Too bad both programs didn't support the Geografting technology.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Some Horn added in tonight.

DragonWork25.JPG
DragonWork26.JPG
DragonWork27.JPG
DragonWork28.JPG
DragonWork29.JPG
DragonWork30.JPG
DragonWork31.JPG

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I personally don't think that all dragons needs hands. My dog uses his front paws as hands quiet effectively (and I don't just mean holding something down). I'd just lengthen the "fingers" a little and change the claws shape to look slightly more talon like.
I've seen some very mammal looking dragons that still look like dragons so they don't have to be that reptile looking either.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I love the Asian style dragons, long elegant creatures. In all sorts of colors, with wings, without wings, very beautifull

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Chris, I REALLY liked the dragon head with NO horns... he was different ... is there a way to have both options? (or are the base of the horns now a permanent part of the mesh- ie: you can't go back?) It was such a different look and I like his head so much...

Also, IMHO - having/keeping a more stocky body would be nice, instead of a torso that is 'too long'... seems more natural to have a body/ab/chest that is more (to me) realistic... THEY CAN SIT BETTER TOO... I grew up loving Michaeal Whalen's dragons (DON'T LIKE THIS HEAD- JUST BODY FOR REFRENCE)
Michael Whelan • WATCHERS a remarque, original art drawn in the...

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
As much as I love Michael Whelans work I do like the idea of having a traditional Chinese Dragon too, they are so elegant.