• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP HiveWire Dragon Begins

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I seem to recall a carousel from Dreamland Models over on Rendo. I even think I remember it being a freebie.

It was a smaller, simpler sort than the DAZ carousel. The horses didn't go up and down if I recall it correctly (I have it, so I probably ought to dig it out and do a test render. Give me a while...)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Dragons are pure magic! They don't need huge wings to be able to fly :wink:

Eastern dragons don't usually have any wings.

I find the Mil Dragon 2's wings to be very difficult to deal with because of their size. So, smaller wing options would be fabulous.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Working on wings more tonight. Added in finger spine coming off the elbow. Still more to do on the shoulder blending and working over the thumb to look more like that of a bat, or... I mean Dragon.

Lyne, I believe it was you that preferred the upper arm of the wing to be shorter, so I shortened it up in comparison to the forearm.

DragonWork45.JPG
DragonWork46.JPG
DragonWork47.JPG
DragonWork52.JPG

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
You know in the movies those fingered spines act like hands. Be cool to have little bones to move and hook things with them! I know, I'll shut up now! NEVER! :p:D:p

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's really nice, with the ticket booth, fence and table. Not sure how the "cars" could be switched out for horses (unless maybe the rocking horse) or dragons, but it looks well made.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Dreamland Models does gorgeous work. It's Poser specific, although the geometry goes into Studio readily enough. Some of the earlier stuff has something off about the scale. The 19th century schoolhouse is where I got the desks for the Hogwarts classrooms, but I had to bring them down to about 30% before I could use them with DAZ figures. Most of his trains were done for Vue, and most of the early products also came in Vue versions, so maybe that's where his scale is from.

If it's anything like the DAZ carousel (and I haven't checked) the cars are their own matt zone so basically one would turn them off, or go at it in the geometry editor to delete them.

D

Deleted member 325

Could I request an option for plates or spines on his back? Please?