• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
But...it's a bear. For a bear-dog hybrid, you could dial in the morph at a lower intensity. More options that way!

View attachment 38691
Oh, ok! Guess wasn't thinking of possible option morphs to change all that.
I know you are still probably woking on texturing but is there any way we can get a texture to look less smooth and groomer-combed for something like this?
Maybe like a bindle wherby the coat looks uneven and fleabit and wilder looking and unkempt?
Love the pups BTW and yeah of course even your BearDog. I know I always add verbage asking for more options but you and everyone else here should know me by now as not meaning anything offensive by it. Just stream of conscious wish listing! ;)

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Oh, ok! Guess wasn't thinking of possible option morphs to change all that.
I know you are still probably woking on texturing but is there any way we can get a texture to look less smooth and groomer-combed for something like this?
Maybe like a bindle wherby the coat looks uneven and fleabit and wilder looking and unkempt?
Love the pups BTW and yeah of course even your BearDog. I know I always add verbage asking for more options but you and everyone else here should know me by now as not meaning anything offensive by it. Just stream of conscious wish listing! ;)

Yeah, the texture in that example pic was just the default chocolate lab, which surely doesn't look right on a bear-creature, LOL!

Here's a very early WIP screen grab of the bear texture (I started it today to avoid working on LAMH presets for my werebeast :oops:).

ZGrab03.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Agreed. Amazing work so quickly. You got some skills for sure.

Love it. Keep it coming.

Great to see what this mesh can sustain, and what your abilities can achieve.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Thanks, guys! ^.^

Just to illustrate how much difference a texture makes: Bear-Dog take 2, now with bear textures, lol. 60% bear, little bit of ears cropped to fix the ears. ;-)

View attachment 38744
Yeah looking better. The face will need more of the same too I think and did you lengthen the legs on this last iteration? Looks better this way than the first you posted.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Those reconstructions look more like bear-cats, to me. Here's 50% bear + face length on the big cat. If I had the cougar skin to put on him, I bet he'd be a dead ringer. :)

View attachment 38759
Failed to see this before commenting on last one. Looks better but the face still would look better with the dappled tex. Would like to see a bit more depth(flesh from brow to chin) on the muzzle and less coming to a point and a thicker neck at jaw. This is a nice view of the WIP too thanks dear.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
How about a Prehistoric Bear dog? That would be nice!

1. Amphicyon:
View attachment 38756

2. Magericyon:
View attachment 38758
re: Amphicyon Agree the cougar tex would do this nicely. And I Agree it does look more feline than canine. I remember when i ws a kid a read in an older national geographic (and for someone who has NO DAMN MEMORY capability why I would remember this bit of useless information is beyond me) there may have been a time when felines and canines were the same creature and somehow genetically split and went their own way.
re: Magericyon this looks more bearlike especially rearing onto its hind legs...the cubs are cute too something to consider for later ;)

Look again at my second post which looks lie a terrier or Pit dog with shorter and fatter muzzle.Would like to see it wider
THe WIP looks more like a bear with thinner more pointed thinner muzzle.