• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Oh I didn't find your response negative at all Chris. Honestly, thanks for the quick and thoughtful response. It frankly refreshing to see a modeler, developer take the time to respond to a customer in a concise and respectful manner for a change. Keep up the good work and sorry if expressing my personal frustration at the lengthy wait came across as ungrateful, it wasn't meant that way. The Big Dog is truly a wonderful product and perhaps that's why I am so eager to further utilize it's untapped potential.

I didn't see your welcoming comment as being negative. I just saw it as echoing my frustration as well.

There will be yet another competing Dog on the market before too long, its just the way things work. I was just hoping we'd have enough additional breeds to help cement the value of our HiveWire Dog. But, being that it is what it is, our Doggy is very solid and still has big potential. It will be developed for and fleshed out, as our House Cat, Big Cat, and most certainly as Harry has been.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
A wonderful point so eloquently expressed. Visiting here almost everyday as I do, it is easy to forget just how special Hivewire is and in our desire to have even more Hivewire content to play with is is easy to miss the wider achievement. In itself the creation of the Hivewire family of content has been something to be proud of but the fact that has also lead to the existence of the real Hivewire family is something very special. The people on the forum here have to be the most helpful and talented people I have yet found on the Internet but I believe the reason they are drawn here and remain is in, a very large part, due to the beliefs and ethics of the Hivewire Team and we have so much to thank them for.

You are a big part of what makes this place special. We appreciate your voice, killer renders, and helping hand.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Since we already have the cat, and now the dog, those are tangible animals. I'd like to see more of a variety of coat colors. There are so many more real world fur patterns for cats and dogs than what is available here now. We have master 'furriers' here and it's something that I think would be a positive thing while we wait for those other breeds that are currently in pre-stages of modeling and/or rigging.

I'd also LAMH for the new furs as well. It would make our cat and/or our dog the envy of everyone. Anyway, just a thought.

I imagine you've seen the new Calico cat maps that Laurie is working up. You can see them in her CWRW thread if you haven't. As usual they are amazing. I know Laurie has interest in mapping our Whippet Dog Breed, and that map will work well on others too of course. Her plate is very full with other projects right now though.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Chris there is nothing to apologize for. I will say this for the short time I have been on this forum,I have never seen such a wonderful group of talented artists. Don't get discouraged over one person's negative attitude towards a finely crafted model.

We are very fortunate to have some very amazing artists connected with us, and they most definitely round out our product offering.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Take your sweet time!! I'm one of the ones who likes quality over quantity any day of the week, and sometimes that does mean it's going to take longer, but I am willing to wait ... cause guys it's awesome and well worth it!!

It also helps to get those creative juices going =-) for customization!!

Carey

Extraordinary
I started working in poser 3, the program was crap, the models were crap, least for what I wanted to do.. Oh so many years I struggled and fought to make what was in my heart as the use of my hands became more and more useless. I just can't express enough how much it means to be able to tell my stories and how much I value the fine people that do the really hard work so I can play at being the artist I thought I would one day be..Can anyone look at my body of work and not see how I was able to bring Chris's work to life, I couldn't have done it with out him and so many others....

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Since we already have the cat, and now the dog, those are tangible animals. I'd like to see more of a variety of coat colors. There are so many more real world fur patterns for cats and dogs than what is available here now. We have master 'furriers' here and it's something that I think would be a positive thing while we wait for those other breeds that are currently in pre-stages of modeling and/or rigging.

I'd also LAMH for the new furs as well. It would make our cat and/or our dog the envy of everyone. Anyway, just a thought.
CWRW has free short hair LAMH for the Dog, but a long haired version would be great, it wouldn't take much to make our Lab into a Golden Retriever (or close enough).

And I love how the HW cats coats (big and small) work with the Dog, that gives it a bit more variety until the breed coats come out with the morphs.

Hornet3d

Wise
Just a welcome to the HiveWire forums to roni190! As Chris said, we all share that frustration and we're all buzzing around to get products out to everyone :)

:bee::flower02::bee:

Whoops, I missed that one, but that is nothing new so belatedly I will add my welcome, hope you have fun here roni90.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I started working in poser 3, the program was crap, the models were crap, least for what I wanted to do.. Oh so many years I struggled and fought to make what was in my heart as the use of my hands became more and more useless. I just can't express enough how much it means to be able to tell my stories and how much I value the fine people that do the really hard work so I can play at being the artist I thought I would one day be..Can anyone look at my body of work and not see how I was able to bring Chris's work to life, I couldn't have done it with out him and so many others....

Oh wow. That's awesome. Thanks so much. Just made my day.

Too kind, too kind.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I sent the files out to you and the gang and I'm awaiting feedback to know what I need to do next. :)

Dang, just went back and saw that email. Sorry I missed that one some how. Thanks for doing that so quickly. We'll have someone look over the files and see what needs to be done from there.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Working on my newborn puppies while I'm waiting for feedback on the older puppy.

WIP01.jpg