• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The MilDog can be worked with, but it's hard to get something convincing from it. There is a LAMH preset for it, which helps, if you can get LAMH to cooperate. But it's still a model that's over a decade old, and it too often shows.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
MilDog is cute too...i have the puppies...but the problem is that is really limited when you want to pose it...for example...i love details...and want the ears floating when he is running..but it is only posible with the Hivewire dog.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Thought I'd post here to let folks know what breed morphs we have ready, or very close to being ready. Ready for next steps that is.

We have morphed or working on:

Wolf (still needs more work but is coming along)
Great Dane
German Shepherd (still more work to do)
Boxer
Whippet (just a bit more on this animal)
English Bulldog
Corgi (Still more work to refine)
Dachshund
Chihuahua
6 Week old Puppy

And I have an early start on a Pitbull (not ready for prime time yet). I also have an entirely different animal I've been musing over, and will probably try to morph it from this Big Cat base before too long.

Laurie Prindle has expressed interest in texture mapping the Whippet breed morph.

Sparky has expressed interest in texture mapping the Wolf and English Bulldog. I'm hoping she'll also do rigging adjustment work too, so Paul can stay on the Lion family rig adjusting. We'll see how it all shakes out.

any updates as to how far off till release ... it's been a while :whistling:

roni190

New-Bee
As amazing as the Big Dog is, I have to say the lack of progress on breed morphs or extra pose packs is starting to get a little discouraging.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome to the HiveWire forums Roni190. As far as the breed morphs and poses, HiveWire has a very small group of developers working on all the HiveWire products, and they don't just stick with one character/animal at a time, so it does take time to see everything you want for a specific character, or in this case the Big Dog, come out. To put it plainly, this group of developers are perfectionists, so nothing's going to be released before it's good and ready.

In the mean time, I hope you hang around and watch the WIP threads for all these wonderful products the team is working on, as they are progressing. :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
As amazing as the Big Dog is, I have to say the lack of progress on breed morphs or extra pose packs is starting to get a little discouraging.

It is discouraging. Big time. For me too. I've modeled several breeds that have strong promise. I wish we had them all out. Every model I create is intended to eventually be a strong product. Do you know anyone that can rig these breeds for both Poser and Studio, or even just one of them? That's the hold up in most cases. Our fantastic rigger is packaging up the Lion family right now, then has the Siamese Cat on his short list, as well as one adjustment on our Faces of the World for Dawn, and look over Elephant and see what is needed to wrap that up.

We do have Sparky working on the rig adjustments for our Puppy. Hoping that is coming along well, but don't know where that is at, at the moment.

It can be very hard to be patient, both internally for us (or me) and as a customer. I can do the easy thing and say "please continue to be patient, it will be worth the wait", but I get it, it's still frustrating. And as I'm writing this I have yet another new animal that I've been working on, and will introduce into a new thread once I get it far enough along. So... I keep stacking up the breeds and animals, in hopes that one day we'll be able to find a way to advance these products quicker. A guy can hope right?

I'm a modeler, so I keep modeling. I love doing this work, and my muse inspires me to keep the models coming.

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
Yes..all encouragement to the team that are working on such a large variety of critters. I know it's frustrating to us potential users to be kept waiting..but I'm certain the wait will be worth it in the end. And thanks for the hint, Chris..I'm soooo looking forward to seeing the Lion out roaming the savannah :) As Yoda said in Star Wars " Patience, yound Padawan ! " :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Yes..all encouragement to the team that are working on such a large variety of critters. I know it's frustrating to us potential users to be kept waiting..but I'm certain the wait will be worth it in the end. And thanks for the hint, Chris..I'm soooo looking forward to seeing the Lion out roaming the savannah :) As Yoda said in Star Wars " Patience, yound Padawan ! " :)

I think Dawn, Dusk and the rest of the existing Hivewire family is evidence that any wait will be well worth it. I love new stuff but I am glad that the trend here is to getting something pretty well right first time and then moving on to expanding the content. I much prefer that to yet another update of a female figure.

Ivory Elephant

Adventurous
Perhaps I ranted a bit much. Bottom line is that we're doing what we can. It's never enough for me, but it's what we are able to do as a team, and our combined effort produces quality.

Thanks for your support.

Chris there is nothing to apologize for. I will say this for the short time I have been on this forum,I have never seen such a wonderful group of talented artists. Don't get discouraged over one person's negative attitude towards a finely crafted model.

Hornet3d

Wise
Perhaps I ranted a bit much. Bottom line is that we're doing what we can. It's never enough for me, but it's what we are able to do as a team, and our combined effort produces quality.

Thanks for your support.

I bit of a rant never hurt anyone but I did not see it as a rant, more as an expression of frustration at not being able to do more in the time available and I can relate to that.

Last edited:

Hornet3d

Wise
Chris there is nothing to apologize for. I will say this for the short time I have been on this forum,I have never seen such a wonderful group of talented artists. Don't get discouraged over one person's negative attitude towards a finely crafted model.

A wonderful point so eloquently expressed. Visiting here almost everyday as I do, it is easy to forget just how special Hivewire is and in our desire to have even more Hivewire content to play with is is easy to miss the wider achievement. In itself the creation of the Hivewire family of content has been something to be proud of but the fact that has also lead to the existence of the real Hivewire family is something very special. The people on the forum here have to be the most helpful and talented people I have yet found on the Internet but I believe the reason they are drawn here and remain is in, a very large part, due to the beliefs and ethics of the Hivewire Team and we have so much to thank them for.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I didn't read it as a rant either.

I saw it as an explanation, and a request for riggers. I'd dearly love to have even half of Paul's rigging skills. If I did, I'd be begging to rig some of the fabulous animals we're patiently/impatiently waiting on! Rigging is one of those skills I find very, very mysterious, confusing, and just plain difficult. I'm amazed every time I manage to rig something that actually works. I love being a Contributing Artist, as well as a Community Volunteer, and I'm glad I'm able to contribute something to the success of HiveWire 3D. But, it doesn't always feel like it's enough. Especially, since I really, really, really, really, really want HiveWire 3D to be around for a very, very, very, very, very long time. (Was that enough reallys and verys?).

Thanks for your support.

roni190

New-Bee
Oh I didn't find your response negative at all Chris. Honestly, thanks for the quick and thoughtful response. It frankly refreshing to see a modeler, developer take the time to respond to a customer in a concise and respectful manner for a change. Keep up the good work and sorry if expressing my personal frustration at the lengthy wait came across as ungrateful, it wasn't meant that way. The Big Dog is truly a wonderful product and perhaps that's why I am so eager to further utilize it's untapped potential.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Since we already have the cat, and now the dog, those are tangible animals. I'd like to see more of a variety of coat colors. There are so many more real world fur patterns for cats and dogs than what is available here now. We have master 'furriers' here and it's something that I think would be a positive thing while we wait for those other breeds that are currently in pre-stages of modeling and/or rigging.

I'd also LAMH for the new furs as well. It would make our cat and/or our dog the envy of everyone. Anyway, just a thought.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Just a welcome to the HiveWire forums to roni190! As Chris said, we all share that frustration and we're all buzzing around to get products out to everyone :)

:bee::flower02::bee:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I didn't read it as a rant either.

I saw it as an explanation, and a request for riggers. I'd dearly love to have even half of Paul's rigging skills. If I did, I'd be begging to rig some of the fabulous animals we're patiently/impatiently waiting on! Rigging is one of those skills I find very, very mysterious, confusing, and just plain difficult. I'm amazed every time I manage to rig something that actually works. I love being a Contributing Artist, as well as a Community Volunteer, and I'm glad I'm able to contribute something to the success of HiveWire 3D. But, it doesn't always feel like it's enough. Especially, since I really, really, really, really, really want HiveWire 3D to be around for a very, very, very, very, very long time. (Was that enough reallys and verys?).

Thank you for being awesome Satira. We appreciate you as a large contributor here as a CA, CV, and a good strong voice of support.

We very much want to be around a long while also.