RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, May 5, 2016.

1. Sparky

Sparky Monster Maker Contributing Artist

Final tweaks to the morph, (making his teeth bigger made him look a lot better) and JCMs. Also made some bear-specific expressions, and working on some poses. This project could actually be done in a couple days. Bears are such magical creatures. ^.^

StandingPose.png

2. Sparky

Added some weird, non-bear related shapes for you kitbashers out there. Things like Legs Length and Tail Length in particular.

WIP_Morphs.jpg

3. mininessie

mininessie Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

i want puppieeeees!!! :bounce:

4. Sparky

LOL! The newborns have been submitted to QA, so they should be along shortly. ^.^

5. mininessie

mininessie Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

6. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

Looking good. Needs more bulk and hump simulating scruff but looks good. I assume this is a Bear and not the bear dog?!

7. Sparky

Thanks! ^.^ I do have a shoulder height morph to allow for a more pronounced "hump."

To be clear, I am making a bear. The bear dog images were just the bear morph applied at lower intensity.

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  8. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

Will we be able to get a saddle onto him without any more than the usual tweaks and hassles?

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  9. LisaB

LisaB HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee Co-Founder

The bear looks really good, Sparky! So nice to see all that can be made from one mesh.

Chris likes this.
  10. Sparky

Added a morph to simulate fuller fur in the head/neck area.

Wip05_neckruff.png

11. Sparky

Well, he's a morph on the dog, so if you can get a saddle on the dog, you can get a saddle on the bear! LOL

Dakorillon (IMArts), Chris and Rae134 like this.
  12. Sparky

I'm not sure what HiveWire's policy is on clones, but here's something that might make that job easier: a HW Horse clone for the dog! ;-)

HWHorseCloneforHWDog.jpg

13. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

I think they are ok if they are for your own use but not to sell/give away.
    But if you ask Chris or Lisa they might be ok with making it an official release since they are both HW models and they did release some for Dusk/Dawn/Luna so they can wear each others clothes? (and if they are ok, it would be awesome to have ones for the cats too!)

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Pendraia like this.
  14. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

What's a clone? What's it do?

15. Sparky

It's a shape (which matches another figure) that you use in Studio with the Transfer Utility to convert things like conformers and morphs from one figure to another.

16. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Oh ok. Thank you.

17. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

What a sweet looking clone. Horsey with dog feet. Awesome.

I'll chat with Lisa and crew about clone options this weekend. But I like what Rae is saying.

Hey if it helps advance HiveWire content, and content for HiveWire could be an awesome thing.

18. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

I know some of us here are big on fantasy so having Harry's wonderful tack fit the other critters would be awesome! (I guess weird stretching might be an issue with somethings but you get that with auto-fit so you either live with it or not LOL)

19. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

Yeah, loving this. You are definitely talented and very speedy. If you can indeed get this together in short order that would be terrific.

You and I need to get these doggy breeds out too.

By the way, I have a newspaper article from the late 1800's about my Great Great Grandfather that was killed by a Grizzly Bear in Cache Valley Utah. He used to trap problem bears that were raiding farmers crops and livestock. And a big bear charged my Grandfather, my Grandfather shot it while charging but his gun misfired and he got mauled, and died of gangrene 5 days later. I'm giving you the short version. But ever since I heard the story as a boy I've been fascinated with Bears, and Bear attacks.

When I saw the movie Revenant with Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy, it reminded me of the brutality of bear attacks, and my Great Great Grandfather Henry Gates.

20. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

OH!?
    OK>>>>Thought it was a morph on the big dog!