• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Final tweaks to the morph, (making his teeth bigger made him look a lot better) and JCMs. Also made some bear-specific expressions, and working on some poses. This project could actually be done in a couple days. Bears are such magical creatures. ^.^

StandingPose.png

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Final tweaks to the morph, (making his teeth bigger made him look a lot better) and JCMs. Also made some bear-specific expressions, and working on some poses. This project could actually be done in a couple days. Bears are such magical creatures. ^.^

View attachment 38803
Looking good. Needs more bulk and hump simulating scruff but looks good. I assume this is a Bear and not the bear dog?!

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Thanks! ^.^ I do have a shoulder height morph to allow for a more pronounced "hump."

To be clear, I am making a bear. The bear dog images were just the bear morph applied at lower intensity.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
The bear looks really good, Sparky! So nice to see all that can be made from one mesh.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm not sure what HiveWire's policy is on clones, but here's something that might make that job easier: a HW Horse clone for the dog! ;-)
I think they are ok if they are for your own use but not to sell/give away.
But if you ask Chris or Lisa they might be ok with making it an official release since they are both HW models and they did release some for Dusk/Dawn/Luna so they can wear each others clothes? (and if they are ok, it would be awesome to have ones for the cats too!)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
What a sweet looking clone. Horsey with dog feet. Awesome.

I'll chat with Lisa and crew about clone options this weekend. But I like what Rae is saying.

Hey if it helps advance HiveWire content, and content for HiveWire could be an awesome thing.
I know some of us here are big on fantasy so having Harry's wonderful tack fit the other critters would be awesome! (I guess weird stretching might be an issue with somethings but you get that with auto-fit so you either live with it or not LOL)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder

View attachment 38803

Yeah, loving this. You are definitely talented and very speedy. If you can indeed get this together in short order that would be terrific.

You and I need to get these doggy breeds out too.

By the way, I have a newspaper article from the late 1800's about my Great Great Grandfather that was killed by a Grizzly Bear in Cache Valley Utah. He used to trap problem bears that were raiding farmers crops and livestock. And a big bear charged my Grandfather, my Grandfather shot it while charging but his gun misfired and he got mauled, and died of gangrene 5 days later. I'm giving you the short version. But ever since I heard the story as a boy I've been fascinated with Bears, and Bear attacks.

When I saw the movie Revenant with Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy, it reminded me of the brutality of bear attacks, and my Great Great Grandfather Henry Gates.