• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

pRabbit

Albinos, or white furred creatures in general, are really hard to do, but look incredibly awesome when they're done right: they need darker strands of fur, or even dirt, at just the right places, since specular, bump and displacement only brings one so far. Would love to see them though. Designer's nightmare in a nutshell.

Well, for the wolf at least, I'm thinking there might be enough Game of Thrones fans, to warrant an albino.

Although it's funny that his eyes are never that red in the show, even though he is a CGI wolf.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO FINDS THAT PICTURE UNSETTLING?!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Albinos, or white furred creatures in general, are really hard to do, but look incredibly awesome when they're done right: they need darker strands of fur, or even dirt, at just the right places, since specular, bump and displacement only brings one so far. Would love to see them though. Designer's nightmare in a nutshell.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO FINDS THAT PICTURE UNSETTLING?!

Uhm...what picture are you referring to here?
I certainly can agree about the difficulty creating it since the artist would need good images to use for mapping the textures. But I am not looking to create medically accurate images of albinos for medical documentation. I do fantasy art and therefore a lot of creative license is allowed, I think. Just something that would pass in a render. White fur, slightly yellow or dirty areas in mane tail and fetlocks, pnnk skin highlighting showing through the areas where the fur would normally be thinnest (like a balding head) the proper areas where it would be showing pink in real world albinos with some white fur streaks over it to give it that accurate looking thinner hair growth look and pale eyes. The pink from all I have seen is around the outside of the eyes under the white fur there and not the actual eyes.
Since this is dog thread I can see the small thing going on for a dog or wolf as well especially the short hair dog breeds.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
As a follow up...sorry I just could not let this go this morning...to damn much espresso....two pots!...grinding teeth and guts are jumping and can't turn this darn computer off and.....I will share a few more of my WHITE or ALBINO animal images from y archives. How can anyone NOT want these? ;)

View attachment 16980

View attachment 16981

View attachment 16982

View attachment 16983

View attachment 16984

View attachment 16985

View attachment 16986

View attachment 16987

View attachment 16988

Def planning on a White Lion and White Tiger when the time comes.

So here is the Bull using the Whisper Silver MATs (haven't done anything on the horns yet) (All of these are quick Firefly renders)

BullAlbino.jpg

The stag using Whisper Silver MATs- def planning on an all new white coat for the stag. (ignore the antlers right now)

StagWhite1.jpg

And Harry with the Whisper MATs - work very well for cremellos and perlinos- last one is using the Belgian mane and tail MATs for grins.

Albino1.jpg

Gold_Cremello.jpg

Perlino.jpg

carmen indorato

Extraordinary

So here is the Bull using the Whisper Silver MATs (haven't done anything on the horns yet) (All of these are quick Firefly renders)

View attachment 17343

The stag using Whisper Silver MATs- def planning on an all new white coat for the stag. (ignore the antlers right now)

View attachment 17344

And Harry with the Whisper MATs - work very well for cremellos and perlinos- last one is using the Belgian mane and tail MATs for grins.

View attachment 17345

View attachment 17346
View attachment 17347

Oh my goodness these are beautiful but as nice as they are they just don't say "albino". O like the yellow cast one for sme reason. Maybe they imply more coat detail or have more modulation in the coat to look "real".
would still like a more Albino texturing modification with more pink in those areas where they would be more appropriate for an Albino anything (snout, eyes, loins, ears, etc. I know horses do not survive but I am talking about Fantasy animals. The bull and stag are especially nice and would be great Albino creatures.....in my opinion anyway. I have not purchased too many animals (gorilla and neither of the cats and purchased Harry so I could use The Kirin) but if the stag and the bull are done the right way for my use I will purchase them in a mad rush. I will have to install the Shetland and the rocking horses since I did rush to buy them (love ponies and rocking horses)
Are you considering when you get to the stag antlers to create textures that would give the appearance of molting or when the soft antler fuzz as partially rubbed off?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
No they aren't meant to be Albino-more a fantasy version of albino. Since they were made for Whisper, actually they are all fantasy:)

I think Chris did make a "velveted" morph for the antlers so yes I guess I will be making a MAT for that. Gonna be a while befroe I get back on the deer family:)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Beautiful Laurie, so nice to see how the mapping translates to other morphs. I love the shape of the antlers and can't wait to see what you do with the textures for them.

Billie

Motivated

View attachment 17343

View attachment 17344

View attachment 17345

View attachment 17346
View attachment 17347

Are the stag and bull for sale anywhere?