• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
They sure are Billie. Thankfully the guys at the Hive go where most others fear to tread! The stag certainly is a must-have!

Welcome to the Hive!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
What I find hopeful is that eventually there will be a whole deer family. The DAZ buck has been available for yonks. But you *still* have to jump through RTEncoder hoops to get a doe.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
What I find hopeful is that eventually there will be a whole deer family. The DAZ buck has been available for yonks. But you *still* have to jump through RTEncoder hoops to get a doe.

I've got them here. Been modeled for years now, just need the maps and final rig work. Just hard to free up resources to get these out. The textured images show some of Laurie's early map work in progress.

MorphMuleDeerBuck4.JPG
WhiteStag1.jpg

MorphFawn7.JPG

WhiteStag2.jpg
MDsuperfly6.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yes, and they're gorgeous.
(Really like the deer in the bridle. Splendid for Whatsmas. Though it looks like it will need a special fit for the buck.)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Knowing nothing about rigging or morphs, would it be hard to add whatever's needed to the bridles to fit the other animals?

Billie

Motivated
Thanks for all the welcomes you guys. super cool!
I also have had the Daz deer for "yonks" and the different morphs/textures for it, but most of those are ungulates from Africa. These sculpts are just vastly superior even without the maps. to do an adult reindeer though, wouldn't you have to tweak the antlers and do a hair prop for the throat chest and underbelly? Anyway the basic white tailed deer would be pretty busy in my runtime.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Great fey work and The dark Hunt images for Halloween.
A funky fey forest saddle tufts of hair props for beard, shoulders and underbelly would go far to make it a great fantasy creature. Folllowing up on the White Stag idea
The Kirin too could use some tac fo just such images. It is afterall a fairy beautiful fantasy creature which seems to be unsupported.
Would also look good in that Dark Hunt idea for Fey warfare with a few extra add-on options.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Oh yea, deer by Christmas/Yule would be good timing!
A good deer for Xmas is hung from a tree and ready for dressing.
Nothing like deet steaks and have you ever worn buckskins? Feel great against bare skin and greater when wet! ;)
But seriously, I have been working on some native american render ideas and have used the daz deer slung over a horse's back or over a male hunters shoulders and neck carrying the carcas home to dress but would love to have a texture set to show the dressing part at least in the beginning before the gory stuff happens.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The Kirin too could use some tac fo just such images.
The tack fits the Kirin fine except the browband and noseband. With some creative forelock positioning you can hide the gap in the browband but you'd need to mask or postwork the noseband unless someone can tell me how you can select it in DS. The throatlatch, headband, sides of bridle and bit I can select individually (they are yellow and are listed in the scene in the node part) but not the brow or nose bands (they are blue and cant be selected and are not listed, same with the flank cinch on the western saddle).
kirin classic.jpg
kirin western.jpg

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
look nice and the textures of the kirin though looking good, but lose a bit of the nature of the original kirin which I love. But as usual, I was thinking of fantasy tac. Since the Kirin is a fey beast it should look fey and therefore have tac that reflects its origins. Sort of like Daios Wild Rose tac at Rosity for MilHorse. Looks functional in a delicate Fey way.
Here are some ideas of what I mean:

daoi wild rose set-milhorse-rosity.jpg

fantasy chariot & Tac.jpg

fae tac-Full70434.jpg

fantasy hair bdecoration-hungarian.jpg

fantasy tac-Berel_Kurgan_11_Reco.jpg

fantasy tac-cf4ee9d113f8e.jpg

fantasy-horse_tack_sale__open___please_read__by_blueduskwolf-d9jq6e7.png

The same kind of tac would look great on a fey White Forest Stag or on a Warg (war Dog)

war wolf tac-hboundequinox-d7oa188.png

warg tac.png