• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
RAMWolff a few posts down show how to convert Iray to 3DL, looks pretty easy to me: I have to ask...
(3DL to Iray looks pretty good, but I've heard that it doesn't always work the other way round)

WillowRaven

Enthusiast
RAMWolff a few posts down show how to convert Iray to 3DL, looks pretty easy to me: I have to ask...
(3DL to Iray looks pretty good, but I've heard that it doesn't always work the other way round)

I'll check it out. If it's as you think, people in the Daz forum would probably like to learn the trick, too, because they are several threads where people are pleading with Daz to create a script to do it like they did to go from 3DL to Iray.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
True...it would take time to resurface everything that's one reason with older sets I stick with 3DL. The uber shader for Iray doesn't really solve that problem as you still have to go in and adjust things sometimes and you still have to do exactly what I was suggesting in reverse.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Wasn't suggesting you did Willow...more saying that the uber shader doesn't solve everything. I've often had to go in and adjust things especially the opacity settings. So a similar product for 3DL isn't going to be the solution you're expecting. It will still need to adjust things...that was all I was trying to say. Off to drink my coffee...still waking up here.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I'm sure that the HIVE will still support 3Delight so if they work in 4.7 it will probably state something like "support for 4.8 up" so that will mean that if you DO have an issue in 4.7 they may not be able to help trouble shoot it well enough to resolve what ever is happening. Rigging is exactly the same so shouldn't be an issue!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Oh yeah! A Hyena would be awesome. Those animals are incredible and I don't think one has ever been made for Poser.

Oh yeas actually I have a few. One is a morph for the MilDog and another is a stand alone from CP.....bot not very good though considering the MilDog morph works better. The usual dumb joint and motion problems from CP as well as the crappy textures. I just do not understand them over there :(
But this character would be an awesome Hyena and have high hopes for one!
Also there is at least one a spotted Hyena available at Renderosity that looks pretty good I think by AM?

Darryl

Adventurous
Oh yeas actually I have a few. One is a morph for the MilDog and another is a stand alone from CP.....bot not very good though considering the MilDog morph works better. The usual dumb joint and motion problems from CP as well as the crappy textures. I just do not understand them over there :(
But this character would be an awesome Hyena and have high hopes for one!
Also there is at least one a spotted Hyena available at Renderosity that looks pretty good I think by AM?

Yeah, shouda known one was made somewhere at some time. A Hivewire version would be fierce though.

Okay so I'm trying to not ask too late this time Chris , I have a Shitzu and she lays spread out like few dogs I've seen I think it's a Shitzu thing with her hind legs stretched out behind her ,and I don't know if this would be directed at you or Paul ,but can the HiveWire dog be given this ability?? I want to be able to create the lumpy dog rug that my furbaby is .......thank you very much!!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Its a small dog thing Carrie, I've seen alot of the smaller breeds do it (quite funny when a bull dog does it) :D

Actually, my bassets do it, too. Especially when they are hot. They try to get their belly as close to the cool floor/ground as they can.