• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Uh.... is there a reason to inj. the lion into the HW cub? He looks right to me...I also noted from Google, that lion cubs do NOT have a tail tuft...

Obviously they are IN my poser! :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
From the ReadMe:

CUB:
To create the Lion Cub in Poser:
1-Load the HiveWire Big Cat
2-INJ the HWCub
3-INJ the HWLion
4-Apply Lion Cub Mats
5-Dial the Lioness and Cub morphs at 100% or your preferred amount

To create the Lion Cub in DAZ Studio:
1-Load the HiveWire Big Cat
2-Apply Lion Cub Mats
3-Dial the Lioness and Cub morphs at 100% or your preferred amount

You can alternately, in DAZ Studio, start with the HiveWireLioness, apply the Lion Cub Mats, dial the Cub morph, and remove the tail hair.

Additional base morphs should be used at 25-30% when combining Lioness morph with cub. Dialing the Lion and Cub morphs to create the cub will not result in a correct looking cub. You can add the male genitals in moderation to get a male cub.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
what lady and lion poses?
I picked up a set a long time ago at Daz for Genesis 2 called Lady and the Lion poses, but the poses will only work for Dawn not the big cat ............ Although............ would be cool if someone could do some for Dawn and the Lion!!

Ohhh ........... POMMERLIS!!! ;)

Let me see if I can find the link.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Here is the link it's Olympia, but ...... they work fine with Dawn as it's listed as Genesis 2. Lady and the Lion Poses for Olympia and the Big Cat | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D Actually ................. could use the converter to convert over to Poser if you wanted to Poser Format Exporter (PFE) | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D , but only the human figure poses will work so ...... might have to get creative with some of your default poses for the HW Lion. There's also a set out for Victoria 7 but cant remember if it's listed as lion or gladiator.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Yay, it's out! Aaaand… I'm on holiday, away from my own PC and on the slowest of slow wireless links. Thhhhhbt!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Uh.... is there a reason to inj. the lion into the HW cub? He looks right to me...I also noted from Google, that lion cubs do NOT have a tail tuft...

Hey Lyne

I just downloaded and installed the Lion Family final files and I found it best to load the HW Big Cat, INJ the Cub and Lion. Then dial the Lioness and Cub to 100% and apply the Lion Cub MAT and then you will have my lion cub character! Def use the Lioness instead of the Lion dial. When I did these steps, it matches my Lion Cub preset character I made for myself.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE

Hey Lyne

I just downloaded and installed the Lion Family final files and I found it best to load the HW Big Cat, INJ the Cub and Lion. Then dial the Lioness and Cub to 100% and apply the Lion Cub MAT and then you will have my lion cub character! Def use the Lioness instead of the Lion dial. When I did these steps, it matches my Lion Cub preset character I made for myself.

Correct - I replied to this a few posts ago but you prob'ly missed it :). Everyone PLEASE READ THE READ-ME file. There is info in there that is important in using the Lion/Lioness, and Cub

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
How are we ever supposed to concentrate on making bird renders for the on-going contest when you folks keep presenting new fun stuff for us to play with? I'm having enough trouble getting time to even start my bird contest scene composition, and don't need any more distractions! It's a totally awesome set of new distractions, however... ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
plumber is not done still.... I did the cub per your steps... NOW all the morphs don't work...he all goes to chewing gum BADLY... if I apply the cub base poses, or if I use the morphs in the body... gosh this is hard!

I'll try starting with the cub...it just does not make sense to me

YES! WORKS WELL!! POSES AND INDIVIDUAL DIALS! YAY!

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
The cub base poses will need adjusting - they're not designed to work with the Lion Cub. Hopefully someone will do some Lion Cub poses :)

LOL, Vorgensbane - gotta multitask ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
MomNbabe.jpg
The cub base poses will need adjusting - they're not designed to work with the Lion Cub. Hopefully someone will do some Lion Cub poses :)

LOL, Vorgensbane - gotta multitask ;)

NO,,, THEY REALLY DO WORK!!! :) & YES I HAVE CUB WITH LIONESS INJ'D...HE GOT BIGGER, LION CUB SHAPE...REALLY! :)

see? I moved tail down, used head/neck turn...etc... is FINE!

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hopefully someone will do some Lion Cub poses :)
Yes, especially the Cub Cleaning 01 poses for Mom and the Cub. I've already tried it, and it definitely needs tweaking for the Lioness and Lion Cub.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
How are we ever supposed to concentrate on making bird renders for the on-going contest when you folks keep presenting new fun stuff for us to play with? I'm having enough trouble getting time to even start my bird contest scene composition, and don't need any more distractions! It's a totally awesome set of new distractions, however... ;)
I couldn't agree more. I've collected a list of what I want in a render for the Open Rendering Season contest, but have I started working on it? Of course not, who has the time. :D

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I bought the lion today. I'm so impressed with the detail! Absolutely love it!

Is it time to play what animal is next? I'm hoping it's the deer.