• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Harimau

Eager
A Smilodon mother with her cubs - a very nice reconstruction by the paleoartist, Mark Hallett.

smilodon-sabertooth-mother-and-her-cubs-mark-hallett.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
So I've been playing around over the last several days with our breed morphs. Thought I'd make a simple video to show off several shapes that I've morphed from this Big Cat. So I actually downloaded DAZ/Studio 4.10 and purchased aniMate2. Here's my first go at showing our morphs in this manner. I'd like to do more now with our Harry. Lots of shapes from our Horse. I'd like to do the same with Dawn, Dusk, Baby Luna, Gorillas, Mr. Pugley, and Ruckus. Also Creature head shapes, and then expression morphs. I think it's a fun way to visually consume what we're doing here with getting the most out of our core shapes.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
That is so cool to see, Chris. I liked the ending where the heads changed from Dusk to Dragon to Lion and then that awesome mane popped on! Sweet!

D

Deleted member 325

Would asking for some ghost bones for easier animation be out of line at this point?

tripleslash

New-Bee
If you ever want to dig into extinct felines, I would recommend checking out the chauvet cave lions
chavuvet.jpg

The mane is probably quite short.. you might see hints of it in the cave painting. or it might only depict female lions.

Personally I would just love to see a cheetah

In any case I'm a fan of your work!

Last edited:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yes, indeed. Welcome tripleslash.

Thanks for your comments.

Very cool cave lions. Wow!