RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Dreamer

Dreamer Dream Weaver Designs Contributing Artist

Here kitty kitty :D Loving this :doesnotsuck:

Chris likes this.
  2. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

+1 I agree Dreamer. :D

Chris likes this.
  3. Lyne

Lyne Dances with Bees HW Honey Bear

WOW WOW WOW WANT WANT WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

PS.... REALLY wish the forum had a LOVE instead or also, instead of just "like"! :)

Chris and Rae134 like this.
  4. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

HOLY $#!+ Chris/Laurie...... it is beautiful! I wasn't going to get eh big cat for lack of need and funds but this is too beautiful to pass up.
    Darn it! :(

Chris likes this.
  5. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Isn't he just gorgeous!

Chris likes this.
  6. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee QAV-BEE

Splendiferous!

Chris likes this.
  7. pRabbit

pRabbit Member

Can we get a fly around for that, consdering it will take a few other years to get it done? This looks entirely awesome.

Chris likes this.
  8. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

So now we're anticipating the giant rat of Sumatra? Cool.
    Actually people have been clamoring for a ferret for quite some time. (Especially if you can get fur onto it.) And I was working on an illo just this week where I could have really used a weasel (and a lynx, for that matter). Had to make do with photographs.

Chris and Rae134 like this.
  9. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

If we had ferret model, I don't think it would take much to do a weasel morph, that would be cool

Chris likes this.
  10. Chris

Chris HW3D President Co-Founder

Agreed, would be awesome. Hey, if I can finish out this rat to look legit, and I believe I can. Then I'm certain we can get a ferret/weasel too.

11. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

And a hamster? I've always wanted to animate one going around in a wheel.

Chris likes this.
  12. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Oh Janet, that would be fun. :D

Chris and Janet like this.
  13. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Wouldn't it? I tried it with the hamster that's at Daz right now but it's not rigged for doing that too well.

14. carmen indorato

I was thinking of creating a new scifi like image and have been using the DAZ Big Cat. But if The Hivewire Big cat has what I need I will pick it up since I will need to get it to use the cool Lion. I need for it to have well pronounced BIG rippling muscles and morphs so the muscles look more massive and well defined. The final creature will have a beard of sorts and ram horns for final render....as I say SCI-fI!
    I have not seen this feature in any of the renders but thought.....HOPED....it was because it was not something the users wanted to highlight in their renders. So decided to just ask here.

Sorta like this:

xl_lion.jpg

15. Harimau

Harimau Eager

Still waiting for the Lion to appear in the store. In the meantime, just a little information on the length and density of a lion's mane. It is not just due to the lady's preference for long, thick hair. Apart from good nutrition it, appears that temperature plays a big part - the hotter it is, the shorter and less dense is the mane. The poor fella needs to cool down! For more information see 'Developmental Effects of Climate on the Lion's Mane (Panthera leo)' (Developmental Effects of Climate on the Lion's Mane ( Panthera leo ) | Journal of Mammalogy | Oxford Academic)

Chris likes this.
  16. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Now that the dog is released, Paul has begun rigging the lion. Woohoo!

(Chris posted an update in the HiveWire Ruckus Character topic when asked about Ruckus's armor.)

Rae134, Miss B and Chris like this.
  17. carmen indorato

PLEASE!?
    These cats are gorgeous!

gentle_knives_by_raph04art-dbmytq2.jpg

Howy2012 and Janet like this.
  18. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

Dinoraul has a Smilodon over on Rendo. Would need hair though. And it's an old product, so I can't say the rigging is up to date.

19. carmen indorato

he has always made decent stuff. I have a few of his characters. Had you said it was something over at CP I would have balked but because i have used his stuff I feel pretty confident it works just fine. But, would prefer getting the proven better product based on the HiveWire big cat and hope it comes out with the Smilodon/Sabretooth morph/texture set before I pass away.

the mage above looks more like it could be made from the HW Big Cat if it is ever offered. ;)

Howy2012 likes this.
  20. Karth

Karth Eager Contributing Artist