• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Ruckus Character

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
More from today.

BattleGearUV5.JPG

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I do have a question about UVs in general. Some are exactly even side to side, so you can throw "mirror" or "symmetry" on and work on both sides at once. But, some are just a little off, so you end up with white on a side, or the "center" not being quite the center. Is it possible to "move" the center on a UV to work on it? or do you have to leave it exactly where it is. I think the second is the actual answer, but I thought I would ask.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Back on Ruckus again today. Frustrated last week I lost all my data on his armband. Argh. I hate losing that effort. I saved, and saved, and even still saved. Then Modo crashed and I lost it all (the arm band work that is). So, I went back to get that file and it was empty. Crapola.

So, I'll give it a go again. I'll model it a bit differently this time though.

View attachment 20090
Looks good with the straps Chris. But have you thought of making them longer and lacedinstead of strapped?
Since I got into digital art I have lost years of work and hundreds of really nice art work for so damn many reasons but all having to do with the weakness Of The Medium. I still have photos and negs of images I did back in 5th grade of Linda Sweeney, the “Girl NEXT DOOR” but have lost 10years of work on a project I was hoping to finally get published.
Funny thing is that project got lost during a big file back up. Power black out occurred and fried,two hard drives on two different computers and though I had backed The whole vector project up on dvd it was not functional because the dvds could not be read! Corruption, corruption! Corruption!!!!!!!! No matter how careful I try to be doing the work of backing up it always happens! I hate digital..........despite the ease of wor’ it has given us artists. I miss looking through a portfolio of hard copy canvas or prints or framing something and hanging it on a wall. The work is so temporary.
Of course all the other projects died from NOT getting back ups so there you go. Can’t win to lose.
Feel for your loss Chris!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yep, exactly. So much of what we have in the works needs the rigging. I do have a few pieces that need the UV work, but that is so much quicker to do than the rigging. Actually much of this set has been rigged, but we pulled Paul off of it to rig the Dog. And now we have Paul back on rigging the Lion with mane as of this morning.

So excited about the Lion family. Laurie is oh so very close to having all her map work done on it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm not aware of the armor set ever being completed, and I'm not sure where on their to-do list it is, so there might be a while before it makes it into the store.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, it's going to be a nice set, but I think they're concentrating on the new HW animals right now.

Speedr8cer5

Thank you for the feedback. It seems difficult to have so much of the various projects being covered and developed by all the same people. If there are ever any needs for alpha/beta testers, I have been a tester for Lady Littlefox in the past as well as a few other people. I have been a Poser user since Poser 4 back in 2000 and Daz Studio for the last four years. I have used some of the past tutorials to create amalgamated figures. Maybe an extra person could help lighten the load.