RELEASED HiveWire Ruckus Character

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

2. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

3. RAMWolff

RAMWolff Wolff Playing with Beez! Contributing Artist

UV Art!

Chris likes this.
  4. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

More from today.

BattleGearUV5.JPG

5. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

Cool!

6. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Very, very cool!

7. FairyFantastic

FairyFantastic Energetic

looking great chris x

8. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

Great work Chris...can I ask how you get the band around the chest plate so nice?

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  9. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dakorillon (IMArts) Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Your UV-Fu is amazing!

RAMWolff likes this.
  10. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dakorillon (IMArts) Extraordinary Contributing Artist

I do have a question about UVs in general. Some are exactly even side to side, so you can throw "mirror" or "symmetry" on and work on both sides at once. But, some are just a little off, so you end up with white on a side, or the "center" not being quite the center. Is it possible to "move" the center on a UV to work on it? or do you have to leave it exactly where it is. I think the second is the actual answer, but I thought I would ask.

quietrob likes this.
  11. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

Looks good with the straps Chris. But have you thought of making them longer and lacedinstead of strapped?
    Since I got into digital art I have lost years of work and hundreds of really nice art work for so damn many reasons but all having to do with the weakness Of The Medium. I still have photos and negs of images I did back in 5th grade of Linda Sweeney, the “Girl NEXT DOOR” but have lost 10years of work on a project I was hoping to finally get published.
    Funny thing is that project got lost during a big file back up. Power black out occurred and fried,two hard drives on two different computers and though I had backed The whole vector project up on dvd it was not functional because the dvds could not be read! Corruption, corruption! Corruption!!!!!!!! No matter how careful I try to be doing the work of backing up it always happens! I hate digital..........despite the ease of wor’ it has given us artists. I miss looking through a portfolio of hard copy canvas or prints or framing something and hanging it on a wall. The work is so temporary.
    Of course all the other projects died from NOT getting back ups so there you go. Can’t win to lose.
    Feel for your loss Chris!

12. Lyne

Lyne Dances with Bees HW Honey Bear

knock knock... I take it the clothing/prop set still needs to be rigged yet?

Chris likes this.
  13. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

Yep, exactly. So much of what we have in the works needs the rigging. I do have a few pieces that need the UV work, but that is so much quicker to do than the rigging. Actually much of this set has been rigged, but we pulled Paul off of it to rig the Dog. And now we have Paul back on rigging the Lion with mane as of this morning.

So excited about the Lion family. Laurie is oh so very close to having all her map work done on it.

14. Ken1171

Ken1171 Distinguished Contributing Artist

Ooh the lion!

15. Miss B

16. Speedr8cer5

Speedr8cer5 Member

Was the armor set ever released, and if so what title is it under?

17. Miss B

I'm not aware of the armor set ever being completed, and I'm not sure where on their to-do list it is, so there might be a while before it makes it into the store.

Speedr8cer5 likes this.
  18. Speedr8cer5

Speedr8cer5 Member

Hopefully we will see the armor set!

19. Miss B

Yes, it's going to be a nice set, but I think they're concentrating on the new HW animals right now.

Speedr8cer5 likes this.
  20. Speedr8cer5

Speedr8cer5 Member

Thank you for the feedback. It seems difficult to have so much of the various projects being covered and developed by all the same people. If there are ever any needs for alpha/beta testers, I have been a tester for Lady Littlefox in the past as well as a few other people. I have been a Poser user since Poser 4 back in 2000 and Daz Studio for the last four years. I have used some of the past tutorials to create amalgamated figures. Maybe an extra person could help lighten the load.