• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Check this out.

Laurie's latest texture map work on the mane. Here she's mapped the geometry collar for the face that she's had me create. Loving this. Looks awesome. The transition from face to mane looks quite smooth and natural.

View attachment 35769

WOW WOW WOW WANT WANT WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

PS.... REALLY wish the forum had a LOVE instead or also, instead of just "like"! :)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
HOLY $#!+ Chris/Laurie...... it is beautiful! I wasn't going to get eh big cat for lack of need and funds but this is too beautiful to pass up.
Darn it! :(

pRabbit

Check this out.

Laurie's latest texture map work on the mane. Here she's mapped the geometry collar for the face that she's had me create. Loving this. Looks awesome. The transition from face to mane looks quite smooth and natural.

View attachment 35769

Can we get a fly around for that, consdering it will take a few other years to get it done? This looks entirely awesome.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
So now we're anticipating the giant rat of Sumatra? Cool.
Actually people have been clamoring for a ferret for quite some time. (Especially if you can get fur onto it.) And I was working on an illo just this week where I could have really used a weasel (and a lynx, for that matter). Had to make do with photographs.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So now we're anticipating the giant rat of Sumatra? Cool.
Actually people have been clamoring for a ferret for quite some time. (Especially if you can get fur onto it.) And I was working on an illo just this week where I could have really used a weasel (and a lynx, for that matter). Had to make do with photographs.
If we had ferret model, I don't think it would take much to do a weasel morph, that would be cool

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Wouldn't it? I tried it with the hamster that's at Daz right now but it's not rigged for doing that too well.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I was thinking of creating a new scifi like image and have been using the DAZ Big Cat. But if The Hivewire Big cat has what I need I will pick it up since I will need to get it to use the cool Lion. I need for it to have well pronounced BIG rippling muscles and morphs so the muscles look more massive and well defined. The final creature will have a beard of sorts and ram horns for final render....as I say SCI-fI!
I have not seen this feature in any of the renders but thought.....HOPED....it was because it was not something the users wanted to highlight in their renders. So decided to just ask here.

Sorta like this:

xl_lion.jpg

Harimau

Eager
Still waiting for the Lion to appear in the store. In the meantime, just a little information on the length and density of a lion's mane. It is not just due to the lady's preference for long, thick hair. Apart from good nutrition it, appears that temperature plays a big part - the hotter it is, the shorter and less dense is the mane. The poor fella needs to cool down! For more information see 'Developmental Effects of Climate on the Lion's Mane (Panthera leo)' (Developmental Effects of Climate on the Lion's Mane ( Panthera leo ) | Journal of Mammalogy | Oxford Academic)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Now that the dog is released, Paul has begun rigging the lion. Woohoo!

(Chris posted an update in the HiveWire Ruckus Character topic when asked about Ruckus's armor.)
we pulled Paul off of it to rig the Dog. And now we have Paul back on rigging the Lion with mane as of this morning.

So excited about the Lion family. Laurie is oh so very close to having all her map work done on it.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Dinoraul has a Smilodon over on Rendo. Would need hair though. And it's an old product, so I can't say the rigging is up to date.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
he has always made decent stuff. I have a few of his characters. Had you said it was something over at CP I would have balked but because i have used his stuff I feel pretty confident it works just fine. But, would prefer getting the proven better product based on the HiveWire big cat and hope it comes out with the Smilodon/Sabretooth morph/texture set before I pass away.

the mage above looks more like it could be made from the HW Big Cat if it is ever offered. ;)