• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Hehe mine too. Now I have the computer back up and running I am itching to see what I can do with the animals :)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Okay. So I've been thinking about this morph for the last several weeks, and wondering if I could pull it off. My muse won't let this idea go. So for most of the day today I let my muse take control of the keyboard and mouse, and came up with this:

View attachment 34929

View attachment 34930

View attachment 34931

Now this is just a WIP. So more to go for sure. But... I think there is solid potential here. It shows me the power of this Big Cat base mesh. We have Lions, House Cats, Kittens, several Dog breeds, several Dragons, and now a RAT!!!? Crazy right?

I can see from this coming a mouse, hamster, rabbit, ferret, weasels, squirrel and other smaller critters. We still have the larger ones too, like Tigers, Bears and so on.
........and don't forget the CatRat or RatDog Chris. They are Gotta Have yesterday figures! LOL
Got a lot of rats in my runtime and always welcome getting more bu please make their tails easypose! ;)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Okay. So I've been thinking about this morph for the last several weeks, and wondering if I could pull it off. My muse won't let this idea go. So for most of the day today I let my muse take control of the keyboard and mouse, and came up with this:

View attachment 34929

View attachment 34930

View attachment 34931

Now this is just a WIP. So more to go for sure. But... I think there is solid potential here. It shows me the power of this Big Cat base mesh. We have Lions, House Cats, Kittens, several Dog breeds, several Dragons, and now a RAT!!!? Crazy right?

I can see from this coming a mouse, hamster, rabbit, ferret, weasels, squirrel and other smaller critters. We still have the larger ones too, like Tigers, Bears and so on.
I know it is a WIP and not anywhere final but I think92 cents worth of I Think Chris!) the head is too big, the body should be shorter and the tail longer. But I can see great potential for it. Cats need mice to play with and big dogs need mean big rats.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Just think of all the potential add-ons for these many new animals to come and I am not meaning textures and poses. Cheese, mousetraps, houses, gear etc etc - the mind boggles :wow:

I like your rat Chis.
rat poop, rat house, ratty conforming clothes and of course rat armor for that high couture battlefield look. lolol

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Ok, not fluffy like you sample Carmen but this is just a really quick go. Lots of dials available to change ear shape etc, just a matter of playing with them. The coat is the bump map just re-saved and made whiter.
Looks good. More dinge in the fur not so bright and fill out the body bulk a bit especially w/o real fur effect and voila. Of course it would be great with LAMH fur but I can't use that so no bother. :(

Harimau

Eager
Rats! Just how big can a rodent grow?

Biggest extant rodent: capybara (Hydrochoerus hydrochaeris)
baby-capybaras-630x439.jpg

Biggest ever (extinct): Josephoartigasia monesi
ab69O0L_700b.jpg

Comparative size:
Josephoartigasia monesi -size.jpg

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Rats! Just how big can a rodent grow?

Biggest extant rodent: capybara (Hydrochoerus hydrochaeris)
View attachment 35333

Biggest ever (extinct): Josephoartigasia monesi
View attachment 35334

Comparative size:
View attachment 35335
Sixus made one that looks like the two running in the water. I have used it as a fae riding steed! Nice! Would be nice if it had a decent fae tac though! once again a great idea with no follow-up support.
Speaking of follow up...i was just at DAZ trying to take advantage of the HUGE Sale on M4 and V4 products. I got dozens of products from my wish list in the cart with prices as low as 50 cents on some. When I was ready to check out I went to my cart and ALL the damn prices were back to the original product rates...not even the rates advertised on the individual product pages at the beginning of the sale. he sale was supposed to runt to Sunday which to my limited intellect was end of day Sunday or at the worst beginning of day Sunday. The prices cut out at 2:eek:o AM Saturday morning. I went from overjoyed to a cart of over $1000 in products at regular price.
This is soooooo typical of them.....has happened to me several times in the past when while going through the painstaking process of reading and deciding and loading into my cart the prices suddenly change just as I am going to cash out!
I emailed them a scathing email and cleared my cart of course. They will never change and I seem unable to learn my lesson!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Speaking of follow up...i was just at DAZ trying to take advantage of the HUGE Sale on M4 and V4 products. I got dozens of products from my wish list in the cart with prices as low as 50 cents on some. When I was ready to check out I went to my cart and ALL the damn prices were back to the original product rates...not even the rates advertised on the individual product pages at the beginning of the sale. he sale was supposed to runt to Sunday which to my limited intellect was end of day Sunday or at the worst beginning of day Sunday. The prices cut out at 2:eek:o AM Saturday morning. I went from overjoyed to a cart of over $1000 in products at regular price.
This is soooooo typical of them.....has happened to me several times in the past when while going through the painstaking process of reading and deciding and loading into my cart the prices suddenly change just as I am going to cash out!
I emailed them a scathing email and cleared my cart of course. They will never change and I seem unable to learn my lesson!
Hey Carmen, try just adding 4 at a time sometimes when you go over the limit it goes back to original prices. Not saying it will work but that kind of thing has happened to me in the past

pRabbit

So, hey. I've looked into the doggy, ran into the forum again and now found out that the cat suddenly is a rodent. Not that I'd complain, everything is awesome - rats are pretty much my favorite persons ever anyway. As for the mesh itself, I'd love to have a bit more versatility with the tail. Anatomically, it's an extension of the spine and should be able to influence it, and be influenced by it. Right now it kind of looks like that with the dog with max bending.

doggy.jpg

The house cat has a "raise vertical" morph, which is however very special of course. Over all, the tail's the most static part of the mesh as far as I've found out. And I know, for a fact, that animal tails are very very ... dynamic in their behaviour (once fell asleep and woke up by an overly eager dog tail slapping me right in the face, but that's a story for another time). Any chance to see the tail get a revision in future iterations? Right now, it appears to be more of an unwanted attachment than a real part of the body.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Hey Carmen, try just adding 4 at a time sometimes when you go over the limit it goes back to original prices. Not saying it will work but that kind of thing has happened to me in the past
update: All got fixed. just picked up those items i have been pining for for so long and culled some other stuff out of less importance.
had i not checked back doggedly(wish i had been this stubbornly dogged about stuff i want with my career or loves of my life i might be a little happier and wouldn't need daz or poser or............
.....and i am sorry i grinched this thread. sucks not having anyone here to talk with or unload my frustration on. :(

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
So, hey. I've looked into the doggy, ran into the forum again and now found out that the cat suddenly is a rodent. Not that I'd complain, everything is awesome - rats are pretty much my favorite persons ever anyway. As for the mesh itself, I'd love to have a bit more versatility with the tail. Anatomically, it's an extension of the spine and should be able to influence it, and be influenced by it. Right now it kind of looks like that with the dog with max bending.

View attachment 35351

The house cat has a "raise vertical" morph, which is however very special of course. Over all, the tail's the most static part of the mesh as far as I've found out. And I know, for a fact, that animal tails are very very ... dynamic in their behaviour (once fell asleep and woke up by an overly eager dog tail slapping me right in the face, but that's a story for another time). Any chance to see the tail get a revision in future iterations? Right now, it appears to be more of an unwanted attachment than a real part of the body.
Maybeit could use more segments so it behaves more fluidly like the rat tails in my collection....have at least 4 rats and a few mice to run through the labarynth (SP?) in my runtime and some of the tails are fun to move around. I guess one has to really love spinning those darn dials though and some folks don't like that!

pRabbit

Maybeit could use more segments so it behaves more fluidly like the rat tails in my collection....have at least 4 rats and a few mice to run through the labarynth (SP?) in my runtime and some of the tails are fun to move around. I guess one has to really love spinning those darn dials though and some folks don't like that!

My apologies, I think I wasn't really clear with my request. For the dog, I count 18 tail segments, which is a lot and well (can't tell enough how much I love the EasyPose capabilities of this model). I suppose that's the same amount for the other animals based on this mesh as well. What I was wondering is if there could be another tail segment inserted (or the rest nudged up a bit), so that the tail is more attached to the pelvis. Currently, the tail base itself is part of the pelvis and is only influenced by tail movements through overlapping weight paint from the first tail segment. Cue amateurish red lining, to visualise a bit better what I mean.

dogpelvis.jpg

If introduced, this would make room for more dynamic movement of the tail - especially when creating a "high action" picture with crazy bending (like a dog going zoomies), it would add a bit more realism.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
looking at the image not sure what you mean. perhaps the tail is a bit low on the rump and might be a bit higher and more in line with the spine. i that what you are referring to?